April 27, 2024, 01:16:48 AM

Author Topic: Mississippi FD - 383CI Forged LS1 Stroker Build  (Read 345469 times)

Offline Classy

Re: Mississippi FD - 383CI Forged LS1 Stroker Build
« Reply #435 on: December 11, 2013, 01:29:09 PM »
I 100% understand going from fast and sporty to comfortable and luxurious.  I went from my 350Z (pretty comfy vehicle anyway) to a 300C.  I hated it, but loved the room...  It eventually got to me and I traded it for a challenger (current DD) and I am happy with it, but I want more.  I think going with an E39 is the right thing, once I sell my RX7, I will be buying an E39 (non M5) because I think it truely will have the right mix of room, luxury, comfort and once I LS swap it, performance. 

I hope that the swapped e39 will keep my car bug happy long enough to wait for my son to get a little older where he will want to work on cars with me and we can build something together.  In the mean time I can waste money on a welding setup and continue to refine my skills that way.

I think you are on the right track, but just make sure you are getting what you want and not what you are settling for.

Offline markfluko

« Reply #436 on: December 11, 2013, 04:59:43 PM »
Just extend what you already have.

You could do it if you got that TIG ;)

Offline rajeevx7

• Pre-Staging
  • FD owner since 1998. V8FD owner since 2010
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: December 23, 2013, 08:32:57 PM »
Well, you definately inspired the junior members and left this place better than before your build. Thanks.

Have fun in your new Cts-V wagon.
'93 BB R1 Ls6 - 2001-2023
'93 MB Touring 13b-Rew - 1998-2001

Offline halfspec

« Reply #439 on: December 24, 2013, 08:12:40 AM »
Well, you definately inspired the junior members and left this place better than before your build. Thanks.

Have fun in your new Cts-V wagon.

Thanks Raj. I'm trying to look at it that way. I'll lose money and countless hours, but I will have gained a lot of knowledge and experience from this project and even though it's not 100% I'm still going to chalk it up as a success since it is driveable and about as bulletproof as it can be. It just needs a few outsources skills to finish up and that would have been out of my hands anyway ;)

CTS-V Wagon. Haha! You're a funny guy  :P

Lane

Offline airwolf16

« Reply #441 on: January 10, 2014, 12:53:47 AM »
Just read this whole thing. you are an inspiration to somebody like myslef that is just strating into one of these builds. It is people like you that make this forum so great!. I have picked up alot if good ideas from you.

Thanks, and congratulations on the new child!

-Aaron W.
“The good thing about science is that it's true whether or not you believe in it.” ― Neil deGrasse Tyson

Offline jessethedrifter

« Reply #442 on: January 23, 2014, 10:10:30 PM »
Please don't sell YOUR car  :(

come to the darkside............. http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=18122.0

Offline halfspec

« Reply #443 on: April 03, 2014, 11:11:04 AM »
Alright, lets get this thread rolling again.

Over the last 3 months I've left my car parked in my garage while I worked on an array of other projects. In-between projects I had time to think and re-plan how I want the next 5 years to go and have decided to put off some financial goals in return for keeping my car. I've officially closed my for-sale ad and should have some progress in the next month or so. I'm really going to try and focus on getting the car painted, having a exhaust built, and getting it tuned. If I can get over those three humps I think it will be downhill from there.

Excited to get back in the fray again  :drive:

Lane

Offline Cker7

« Reply #444 on: April 03, 2014, 11:20:33 AM »
NICE!

:cheers:

Offline mattster03

« Reply #446 on: April 03, 2014, 12:55:07 PM »

Over the last 3 months I've left my car parked in my garage while I worked on an array of other projects. In-between projects I had time to think and re-plan how I want the next 5 years to go and have decided to put off some financial goals in return for keeping my car. I've officially closed my for-sale ad and should have some progress in the next month or so. I'm really going to try and focus on getting the car painted, having a exhaust built, and getting it tuned. If I can get over those three humps I think it will be downhill from there.

Excited to get back in the fray again  :drive:

Lane

Putting off financial goals is what being a car guy is all about!   :P

Glad to hear you are keeping it... looking forward to seeing what's next.
Current Car: 1993 Mazda RX7 Touring, LS1/T56, Stock Stock Stock

1993 Mazda RX7 R1, LS1/T56, EPS 230/238, TSP Ported heads
10.826 @ 128 , 1.53 60' - SOLD

Feature Article - http://www.importmeet.com/blog/2012/03/29/best-of-both-worlds-v8rx7guys-ls1-swapped-1993-mazda-rx-7/
Swap Info - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2801662

1986 Mazda RX7 GXL, LT1/T56 "Retired"
Swap Info - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/641869

Offline spd

« Reply #447 on: April 03, 2014, 02:13:48 PM »
wicked!  :cheers:
experiment failed insert pistons

Offline Steve Theodore

« Reply #448 on: April 03, 2014, 09:47:08 PM »
Lane,

I'm the guy on Supraforums that just removed your thread (as per your request over there).  I was compelled to read a bit more about your car so came over to read your build thread...and HOLY CRAP am I glad you did.  It was like a small emotional roller coaster to read through all 30 pages of it to see the ups and downs of this build and the COLOSSAL amount of quality and execution you put into this car.  It was like a movie when I got to the part where you made the decision to sell it, and I'm so happy that you were able to justify holding on to the car.  This is timeless, and worth so much more than your asking price.  Trust me when I say I'm critical when it comes to asking prices for modified cars, but seeing what you did here was obviously you were literally giving away the car!

Guys like you are who inspire me most as a life-long car enthusiast.  I'm no mechanical or electrical engineer, and nearly anything you did would scare me off, but I really respect what you do and how you inspire others in your community and beyond.  So, I came over here to norotors.com and registered just to tell you what a freaking phenomenal job you did.  Hats off to you! :cheers:

:drive:

Offline halfspec

« Reply #449 on: April 03, 2014, 11:15:32 PM »
Lane,

I'm the guy on Supraforums that just removed your thread (as per your request over there).  I was compelled to read a bit more about your car so came over to read your build thread...and HOLY CRAP am I glad you did.  It was like a small emotional roller coaster to read through all 30 pages of it to see the ups and downs of this build and the COLOSSAL amount of quality and execution you put into this car.  It was like a movie when I got to the part where you made the decision to sell it, and I'm so happy that you were able to justify holding on to the car.  This is timeless, and worth so much more than your asking price.  Trust me when I say I'm critical when it comes to asking prices for modified cars, but seeing what you did here was obviously you were literally giving away the car!

Guys like you are who inspire me most as a life-long car enthusiast.  I'm no mechanical or electrical engineer, and nearly anything you did would scare me off, but I really respect what you do and how you inspire others in your community and beyond.  So, I came over here to norotors.com and registered just to tell you what a freaking phenomenal job you did.  Hats off to you! :cheers:

:drive:

Thanks Steve. That probably one of the nicest things anyone has said about my build and having you join simply to say so makes it mean even more.
Thanks for closing my thread over at supraforums and feel free to use your new membership to browse around and see what the forum has to offer. There's lots of bright folks here that have other great build threads you might get a kick out of  :cheers:

Thanks everyone
Lane