May 05, 2024, 12:43:44 AM

Author Topic: Mississippi FD - 383CI Forged LS1 Stroker Build  (Read 346145 times)

Offline digitalsolo

Re: Mississippi FD - 383CI Forged LS1 Stroker Build
« Reply #165 on: July 10, 2011, 11:47:06 PM »
Congrats.   Feels great to actually have it move, doesn't it?
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Stock...ish.

Offline digitalsolo

« Reply #167 on: July 10, 2011, 11:57:41 PM »
Thank you! Yes sir it does!!! I can see some light at the end of the tunnel :)

PS
Blake!!! You need to to add youtube embed support to your forum!!!

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=977
http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=936

We've had that for a year.   Just paste the link, not the embed script, not the funky you.tube crap.  Just the normal link.   Don't make it complicated.  :P

See?
Blake MF'ing McBride
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.

Offline halfspec

« Reply #168 on: July 11, 2011, 12:01:13 AM »

We've had that for a year.   Just paste the link, not the embed script, not the funky you.tube crap.  Just the normal link.   Don't make it complicated.  :P

See?

Doh! My bad! I wasn't using the embed script, but youtube gave me some funky youtube.be link and I didn't even realize it. Sorry about that. You da man Blake!

Lane

Offline Jordan Innovations

• Supporting Member
  • Top Fuel
  • Competition Mil-spec wiring/electronics since 2005
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Jordan Innovations
« Reply #169 on: July 11, 2011, 04:00:19 AM »
Excellent.

Offline mefarri

« Reply #170 on: July 11, 2011, 11:04:06 PM »
I just wanna say that I watched what would be a very boring video for most people with a smile on my face because I know how good that feels.   :)
"I'm not sure what your intent was because I don't speak "dumbshit", but next time, start your own thread. "

-Jimlab

"Otherwise it looks like something I can build over a weekend, if I spent the first day watching TV."

-Blake motherfucking McBride

Offline Demon

« Reply #171 on: July 11, 2011, 11:19:18 PM »
Awesome build, very clean, and very well thought out. I did the same thing with the race logic harness, great minds think alike. :D
'93 RX7 (co-project with macnewma)
'95 Supra Turbo Billet GT42-76

Offline halfspec

« Reply #172 on: August 24, 2011, 04:28:38 PM »
Thought I'd pop back in and give an update.

Engine bay. 95% complete. AC Lines will go in after paint when Pez finishes them. Heater lines are looped after my heater core blew chunks, HID ballasts aren't mounted, and I've got to throw on my coil covers.

I've done a good bit of work diagnosing some weak spots in my tune. The biggest thing I've accomplished is that I used HPTuner's compare function with a stock tune to determine that my mail order tune was still set for stock fuel injectors when in fact I'm running SVO 42# green tops. Using Greg Banish's injector data I was able to correct the problem which kicked my idle into near-perfect shape :)
My IAC counts are a little high ~ 100-120 and I have a little bit of backfire, so that's concerning, but so far I have been unable to get it to go down using TB idle set screw + TPS and IAC resets.
Last weekend I installed my new LS7 card style MAF along with a new Samberg TB to intake adapter along with Hz/Airflow MAF calibration table from zkeller who has similar hardware. This leads me to my biggest issue at the moment. Low load and rpm acceleration falls on its face shortly after crank. From what I've seen though, it improves once the car has warmed up which leads me to think the problem is during open loop operation. To isolate the problem I disabled the MAP and made the necessary changes to force the PCM to run closed loop and only reference the VE table. Unfortunately that didn't help and actually made it a tad worse since lifting would cause the engine to choke and one time around the block I clunked out (no vacuum = holy crap my brakes don't work!). Right now I'm guessing it's a mix between an untuned VE table and an untuned MAF table. Hopefully I'll be able to get some tuning time in after the car comes back from the shop.

While on the topic of paint, that's what I've mainly spent the last 2 weeks doing.I've been doing everything I can to make the job easy on the painters and hopefully lower the price.

Here it is ready for paint. I've stripped the moldings and lined the interior with plastic in hopes that they won't overspray any of it.

My wiring is now 99% complete. I only need to wire in my traction control control module and my dash pod gauges. Both should be easy since the receiving plugs and wiring are in place. I just have to wire the gauges and control module to a mating connector.

Finished rear harness with integrated aftermarket Alarm, Traction Control, Fuel Pump, Trunk Pop.

Finished floor harness with integrated aftermarket Wideband, Traction Control, Cruise Control, and HP Tuners

Passenger bay area. Looking crowded, but there's a lot jammed in there. Traction Control injector interface, Cruise Control Wiring, HP Tuners interface, Battery, ECU, and a Innovate LC-1 wideband controller

A look at the Rear Harness connecting to the main traction control brain and a 4 relay box that controls my fuel pump, trunk pop, and defroster circuits

Wiring up a clock contact so that my quick disconnect steering wheel's horn will still work.

Some temporary interior in for testing

That's it for now. Hoping to work on mocking up my HIDs this weekend then she'll be going in for paint on Monday :D

Lane

Offline thetastelingers

« Reply #173 on: August 24, 2011, 04:48:21 PM »
Looking really good man.
Coming along nicely.

The NRG short hub will bring your steering wheel closer to the control stalks.
wazzaaaaaaaaaaaapppppp!

Offline Brent

« Reply #174 on: August 24, 2011, 05:29:45 PM »
Very nice build.  Look forward to seeing how you like the traction control.  I have one I got a while ago that I may end up putting in eventually.  I have some friends running the racelogic TC on some other vehicles and absolutely love it.
Road Atlanta August 2011 NASA TT 1:33

Traqmate's video of my car from the 2011 UTCC at VIR
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Zcn6...layer_embedded
Video of Yellow LS1 FD at NASA TT at VIR

Offline digitalsolo

« Reply #175 on: August 24, 2011, 11:30:08 PM »
This is coming along great Lane!
Blake MF'ing McBride

Offline LNF_AJ

« Reply #176 on: August 25, 2011, 12:03:58 AM »
I fucking love this build i hope you don't mind me taking some of your ideas they're just too good to pass up.

Offline halfspec

« Reply #177 on: August 25, 2011, 04:38:24 PM »
Thanks everyone!

@ thetastelingers - Yeah, the Momo Adpter + Standard NRG is making me wish I'd gone with the shorter version.  Oh well :)

@ LNF_AJ - No worries, most of my stuff isn't really my ideas. It's just a combined recipe from the 100s if not 1000s of build threads I've looked at over the years :D

Cheers!

Lane

Offline LNF_AJ

« Reply #178 on: August 25, 2011, 10:54:04 PM »
Thanks everyone!

@ thetastelingers - Yeah, the Momo Adpter + Standard NRG is making me wish I'd gone with the shorter version.  Oh well :)

@ LNF_AJ - No worries, most of my stuff isn't really my ideas. It's just a combined recipe from the 100s if not 1000s of build threads I've looked at over the years :D

Cheers!

Lane

Haha i know what you mean i've looked so many build threads over and i've seen so many thing's i want to do and it's making it more and more expensive.