May 17, 2024, 10:16:08 AM

Author Topic: FC Fiberglass Dash  (Read 13201 times)

Offline Scrims

FC Fiberglass Dash
« on: December 16, 2012, 05:58:00 PM »
Buddy of mine wants a fiberglass dash for his FC. Been contemplating doing this, but can't justify it without making several and selling.
Would anyone be interested in this? Suggested features, or just a simple as it can be? How much would people be willing to pay for this?
I plan on it using the factory mounting points and fitting without any modifications.

Offline tweak

Re: FC Fiberglass Dash
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2012, 12:13:20 PM »
Do it!   I have been trying to contact the people that used to make this but they have been unreachable:

They said they were selling it for I think $700 in carbon, and $400 in fiberglass on the club.  :/
Red 88 FC GTU - 2000 LS1  - 3 stage 6 gallon dry sump - Stock LS1, T101A transmission - Stance coilovers .... lots of tires.

Offline markfluko

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2012, 01:10:44 PM »
I just made my own fiberglass FD dash, I would recommend doing it. I spent $100 in materials.

Offline tweak

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2012, 02:00:40 PM »
I just made my own fiberglass FD dash, I would recommend doing it. I spent $100 in materials.

Pix?  How closely did you copy the stock dash?  I like how this one somewhat resembles the FC, but doesn't have all the crap racecar people don't need. 
Red 88 FC GTU - 2000 LS1  - 3 stage 6 gallon dry sump - Stock LS1, T101A transmission - Stance coilovers .... lots of tires.

Offline Scrims

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, 08:43:38 PM »
probably wouldn't do carbon. Not quite confidant I could do it in one piece like that and have it look nice. Probably will ship just unfinished fiberglass, still not exactly sure what I would ask for it. Depends on what it takes for materials and time.

Offline FC3S Murray

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2012, 10:32:41 PM »
I remember that dash! NICE peice...couple people on the club have it installed, looked good.

13 years of abuse and still running STRONG!

SRM Performance Tuning LLC
https://www.instagram.com/fc3s_murray/?hl=en

Offline clubber

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2012, 10:58:53 PM »
I would be interested in one.  The more street oriented the better for me.
Stan C.
'91 LS-1 FC Vert
'91 Maxton Rollerskate  12A SP

Offline Scrims

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2012, 05:54:26 PM »
I would be interested in one.  The more street oriented the better for me.

It's probably going to be pretty sparce. No vents, no radio cutout, probably need custom gauges. Looking to make the center consol angled towards the driver like the pics Tweak posted above...

Offline kunz111

« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2012, 09:34:08 PM »
Pending price I maybe interested. Any idea on what it might be?

Offline digitalsolo

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2012, 09:40:59 PM »
Wow, that carbon dash is slick.  I'd have snagged one of those if I wasn't poor like every FC owner.  :P
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Stock...ish.

Offline Scrims

« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2012, 05:42:02 AM »
Pending price I maybe interested. Any idea on what it might be?

I'm starting to think a target price would be around 300.

Offline dream36realms

« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2012, 08:53:26 AM »
the dude on the club still makes them but is down under so shipping to usa is a pita. he makes 1st gen parts as well. I been trying to get his hood but $600 +shipping is not worth the effort imo i think his screan name is fibermaz or something like that, he can be found on the aus/rotary club
日までに仕事および夜までに虐殺。
を下って、人類と

Offline markfluko

« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2012, 12:57:47 AM »

Pix?  How closely did you copy the stock dash?  I like how this one somewhat resembles the FC, but doesn't have all the crap racecar people don't need.

I will post pics when I finish it tomorrow. Although I may just make a new thread... we will see

Offline ChriS2000

« Reply #13 on: January 02, 2013, 12:29:22 AM »
I would definitely be interested, I was planning on doing this over the winter as well. 

Post up some pics!

Offline markfluko

« Reply #14 on: January 02, 2013, 02:03:59 AM »
Finally got around to posting some pics. This is for my FD. I plan to flock it once I am done with the fiberglass, which should be very soon.  I trimmed the width of mine for a future roll cage going down the A and B pillar. The dash mounts to the bar with aluminum tabs on the L and R side and also one in the center.

Covered stock dash in aluminum foil and began laying epoxy then fiberglass

Taken off, trimmed, fitted

using carbon fiber for my center switch panel and gauge cluster. The gauge cluster will mount to the bar behind the dash.

I skipped posting a lot of sanding/trimming pics, but a lot of work was done to make it here.

Semi-final form before flock, mounting check

Cluster still needing check engine light and turn signal indicators.