October 01, 2020, 03:54:24 PM

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
The Lounge / Re: Who wants to be president!
« Last post by Cobranut on Today at 03:17:34 PM »
I basically have three criteria that determine who I will support for any office.

First and foremost, they MUST follow the Constitution and the Bill of Rights, ESPECIALLY the Second Amendment, PERIOD!  Without the Second Amendment, we would soon have NO RIGHTS AT ALL!!! 

Second, they must put AMERICA and Americans FIRST when dealing with any foreign entity.  Every deal should be beneficial to both sides, but America's interests must ALWAYS have priority.

Third, they must be able to win.  There's no point in wasting my vote on some lesser known candidate who has no mathematical chance of winning.  We're choosing our leaders, not making a "statement".   Every choice these days is the lesser of two evils to some extent.  Don't make the perfect the enemy of the good.
No candidate will ever be perfect on every issue. There are several other issues that matter to me, but they're all considerably less important than those I stated above.

God Bless America and all those who love our country.
Just keep in mind Holley only works with Holley.

This is mostly true, however there are some DIY solutions with a windows based tablet. I haven't seen it done in the Rx7 but i have seen others make a custom dash bezel for a windows tablet (7" or 9") running the holley software. Works really well.

If you have any questions about the Holley stuff let me know, I've worked through a bit of it on my car. Though i am using a stock gauge cluster cause i just like that 80's look in the car.  8)
So getting closer.  Attached is the last tune and log file where when I lug the engine down to around 1300 rpm and depress the clutch it died instantly 3 times.  This does not happen with rolling idle turned on, looking at the idle position it hovers around 100 all log until this moment then it goes to 0 and chokes the engine off.  I did it 3 times in the log to validate. 

It appears its going into idle and it does cut timing by 7 degrees per my overspeed spark setting, what tells the PCM to get into idle TPS %?  You can see I am still moving but under the rolling idle 49 mph setting I had.

So for some reason the IAC just chokes the engine out in this case.  You can see m underspeed spark max out trying to prevent the stall but its not working because there is no air.  I am wondering if I should set the idle adjustment screw to keep the throttle blade open further?

The car works sooo much better with rolling idle turned off.  It drops to idle and stays there when I'm going at speed and drop it into Neutral.  With RI on it oscillates 200-400 rpm until it gets under the speed I set and adaptive can take over and levels it out with a 50 rpm variance around my set point.  BUT then it does this dying thing. 

It does not die if I put it in neutral earlier say around 1800 rpms, its only in this lugging situation. 
Build Threads / Re: AZkids FC3S with a 1.6 miata engine
« Last post by AZkid on Today at 09:02:35 AM »
Did this used to be George's car?

Yeah this was Georges from 2007-2011 iirc. Pre Pro1 car.
Drivetrain / Re: Upgrade T-56 or Magnum F
« Last post by carlb on September 30, 2020, 09:13:18 PM »
I finally went on the first drive just now with the Magnum F, MGW shifter, new 3/4 clutch  M/C, and RPS clutch from Tony Mamo. OMG! is all I can say. It is so much better. I'm coming from a Magnum with Sikky shifter. This set up seriously rivals my 718 Cayman S manual which is damn near perfect. The RX7 now is not far behind. Wow! Expensive and worth every penny.

Sent from my Surface Duo using Tapatalk

Parts WTB / Re: LS swap parts
« Last post by onefastrx7turbo on September 30, 2020, 06:18:55 PM »
Ive got a grannys kit and the driveshaft that came with it. Never used either one.
Cars for sale / Re: 1993 LS6 T56 FD RX7
« Last post by Dylansls on September 30, 2020, 06:08:55 PM »
Location and still available?
Ronin Speedworks / Don't flame me! Any plans to develop some RX8 components?
« Last post by onefastrx7turbo on September 30, 2020, 03:17:43 PM »
I'm already a Ronin customer on my FC, and will likely be doing some Ronin stuff on my FD. Are there any plans to develop any RX8 swap components? Love it or hate it, the RX8 is a great chassis with a not so great engine. There is a company called Keisler Automation making GM LFX swap along with the Camaro rear differential. They produce a really nice CNC'd mounting bracket similar to what you're  doing on the FC diff swap for $1800 and includes the Camaro axles and the rear cover + mount along with the front mount. Just throwing it out there as I think the RX8 would be a more popular choice if the engine wasn't so terrible at making power and being reliable...
Parts WTB / Re: Long shot 4.185-4.2" .045" head gaskets
« Last post by Exidous on September 30, 2020, 12:50:40 AM »
Calling Cometic cost me an extra $50 for a pair of gaskets but I'll have them by the end of October rather than mid December.
Build Threads / Re: 2JZ28 Build - 4th Gen Camaro Z28 with built 2JZ/T56 Magnum
« Last post by digitalsolo on September 29, 2020, 10:23:39 PM »
So, coil fitment with the IGN1A coils is a real pain.   Gotta sort this out next.   Yay, custom everything!
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10