May 17, 2024, 02:28:07 PM

Author Topic: Feed Version V Build  (Read 28769 times)

Offline Sacrilegious-FD

Feed Version V Build
« on: May 13, 2018, 03:27:58 AM »
Morning Guy's

Thought I would start a thread to document my new build (its going to be long process and wont be done anytime soon  :( )

So i saw this car for sale a while ago and thought it wont be up fo sale for more than a few days.

https://www.rx7club.com/3rd-generation-rx-7-1993-2002-vehicles-107/feed-afflux-v-5-widebody-rx-7-a-1118104/

However didnt sell, maybe RHD/Auto ..... however the timing was really bad, just got married and that finically crippled me, however with enough juggling of funds i have managed to procure  :)

The downside of that is i have to sell my LS3 FD which is now running like a treat (just into summer with trackdays lumming.....)

So the chassis on it way from Canada to the UK.....

[smg id=9822 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 20170504 145921"]
[smg id=9824 type=preview align=center caption="IMG 20170812 153936"]
[smg id=9823 type=preview align=center caption="65omjpel"]
[smg id=9825 type=preview align=center caption="P8120045"]

So the plan for the car, (once the LS3 is sold - repay a bridge loan)

Arrive in the uk
Get compression tested and sell rotary related parts and wheels:

- Advan RS-D 20" Wheels
- Yokohama Advan Sport Tires
- APEX'i RX-6 Turbo
- APEX'i Power Intake Air Filter
- APEX'i Power FC ECU
- ADVANCE Black High Output Alternator
- HKS Twin Power Ignition Amplifyer

Then when funds allow, send to dynotorque for a nice LT1 annd perhaps the new 8 / 10 speed auto (once i have driven one (and if they fit)

Offline wickedrx7

Re: Feed Version V Build
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2018, 09:42:18 AM »
Awesome “roller” to start with!

1993 Touring, 2012 L99, T-56, Ronnin 8.8, Ohlins, Speedhut, Samberg and lots of custom parts
Build Thread - http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=19354.0
Pictures - www.flikr.com/wickedrx7

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2018, 10:34:22 AM »
VERY NICE!  I'm jealous.   :bacon:
1995 FD, 7.0 Liter stroked LS3, T56, 8.8, Samberg kit.

Offline digitalsolo

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2018, 11:22:51 AM »
That's quite a place to start.   Looking forward to seeing this one progress.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Stock...ish.

Offline kinger

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2018, 11:54:19 AM »
Wow amazing!!! 
93 Touring, 6.3L, T56 Magnum, Mamo RPS BC2 clutch, FAST 90, NW 90TB TB, 8.8, samberg everything, AC, PS, TC, Cruise, LED Tails, HID head lights

Offline Sacrilegious-FD

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2018, 03:02:39 PM »
VERY NICE!  I'm jealous.   :bacon:

That's quite a place to start.   Looking forward to seeing this one progress.

Wow amazing!!! 

Cheers Guy's

Super stoked, there will be plenty of questions coming your way, craig@Dynotoque is pretty sure an Lt4 will fit in there, what are your guys thoughts?

Also has anyone driven a recent  8L90 / 10L90 with recent firmare, i would be interested to know if the delay between manual shifts has been reduced (a few negitive comments on reviews)

Anyway hoping that the car will be a the port on saturday (canada) and shipped shortly afterwards.

Unless the current LS3 FD sells im not going to get to drive it before stripping, however if it doesnt might be able to sneak a few track days in , silver linning and all.......

Cheers Neil

Offline kinger

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2018, 03:42:04 PM »
Why the auto?  I couldn't own something like that without a magnum 6 speed :)
93 Touring, 6.3L, T56 Magnum, Mamo RPS BC2 clutch, FAST 90, NW 90TB TB, 8.8, samberg everything, AC, PS, TC, Cruise, LED Tails, HID head lights

Offline digitalsolo

« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2018, 04:40:40 PM »
The current autos are pretty good, honestly.   I like manuals, but I wouldn't throw away a modern auto.

I don't think an LT4 will clear the hood.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Stock...ish.

Offline scuter83

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2018, 04:57:16 PM »
10 speed >> 8 speed, by quite a bit....

Offline Tictakman

« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2018, 07:11:06 PM »
Where are you in the UK?  A buddy has a ls3 TT fd over there...almost running.

Offline Sacrilegious-FD

« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2018, 03:32:26 AM »
Why the auto?  I couldn't own something like that without a magnum 6 speed :)

I must admit that I do really like the TR6060 i have now, however I think that we have been in a postion for a while that they are simply out performed by modern autos (by that I generally the Double clutch units) so will have to see how well GM's compares and if there claims stack up.

will need to book a test drive in a new camaro zl1 (if i can find a dealer in the UK)

The current autos are pretty good, honestly.   I like manuals, but I wouldn't throw away a modern auto.

I don't think an LT4 will clear the hood.

Indeed i wont be making any decisions until I have driven one, there is alot to be said for driver engagement. Maybe not not at the point where I am seriously looking at the engine, just making rough outlines. would let dynotorque do all the measuring up. if i purchased one and the supercharger didnt fit, would have go with the Airforce intake and Prochager F1X...........  :D

Where are you in the UK?  A buddy has a ls3 TT fd over there...almost running.

In the midlands fella, wicked. love to read about it?

You still running a Procharger?

10 speed >> 8 speed, by quite a bit....

Shift quite a bit faster? this from personal expereince?

Again cheers for the input

Neil

Offline scuter83

« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2018, 09:30:08 AM »

[/quote]

Shift quite a bit faster? this from personal expereince?

Again cheers for the input

Neil
[/quote]

I work on the engines that are paired with both 8 speed and 10 speed.  I much prefer a 10 speed over the 8 speed.  Shifts are better/smoother.  I would have to go check tap upshift speeds, but the 10 speed is a big step up from the 8 speed in my opinion.

Offline Sacrilegious-FD

« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2018, 10:20:29 AM »
I must say the reviews seem pretty positive, the 2018 mustang has the same box so will book a test drive at some point. Do you know the physical dimensions, similar size to TR6060?

Cheers neil
« Last Edit: May 16, 2018, 10:33:36 AM by Sacrilegious-FD »

Offline scuter83

« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2018, 10:41:43 AM »
I don't know the dimensions....Nor do I work on the Ford calibrated ones...

Offline Sacrilegious-FD

« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2018, 08:31:57 AM »
So the car will be getting loaded and will depart canada in the next few days, expecting her to be delivered within the next 5 weeks at which pioint i will get raped by VAt&Duty.

So i have been planning the build and have just discovered that My favrioute peice of kit in my current car has been discontinued. that is the racelogic traction control, so the question is do i whip it of my car before I sell? Im planning on a LT(something) with the 10 speed auto. how good are the modern stock ECU's do they have a decent traction control system, can this be intergrated into the FD Chassis?

racelogic essentially allows you to configure wheel spin in 1% increments, andd made a huge difference when i was caught in the rain with slicks (not much heat and zero tread)

What are you guys thoughts, I assume they have been discontinued as most modern cars have TC and some cars TC intergrate into suspension and Diff. 

regards Neil