May 21, 2024, 03:44:48 AM

Author Topic: Some Recent FD Gauge Clusters  (Read 6790 times)

Offline Broadfield

Some Recent FD Gauge Clusters
« on: May 13, 2015, 01:57:55 PM »
First up is a custom mounted 6-gauge set and texture matched HVAC panel, shifter trim and ash tray:

Next is a 5-gauge set that I bonded the bezels directly to the back of the facia, giving it an ultra OEM look... especially with the Legacy Chrome bezels.  You will want a 5-gauge set if you are wanting to maintain you OEM warning lights and turn signals.  This setup also prevents me from having to finish the panel in a texture coat... I do not modify the OEM facia in any way on the front side.  NOTE:  If you want this setup, I can only use the Legacy bezels... which can be had in chrome, black or gold:

Last one is simply another custom mounted 6-gauge set:

Offline turbotalon1g

Re: Some Recent FD Gauge Clusters
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2015, 05:58:13 PM »
I love these threads. I don't even have an FD and I want to buy one of these setups.

Crazy how you make the 6 gauge setup look OEM, I kept having to compare it.

Offline FC3S Murray

« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2015, 11:34:22 PM »
Great job! .....it is too bad the FC gauge cluster doesn't give you much to work with, I would definitely buy from you if I saw something I preferred.

Regardless you do  outstanding work!

13 years of abuse and still running STRONG!

SRM Performance Tuning LLC
https://www.instagram.com/fc3s_murray/?hl=en

Offline Broadfield

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2015, 07:15:24 PM »
Great job! .....it is too bad the FC gauge cluster doesn't give you much to work with, I would definitely buy from you if I saw something I preferred.

Regardless you do  outstanding work!

Let me know if you want to try and figure out a layout for your cluster.  If you are interested in Speedhut gauges, I can also request that they do custom colored faces etc.  I had them do a graphite colored set once that looked really nice.... not flashy at all, but different than the standard black.  I personally do not like flashy colored gauges, but it's always up to the customer!

Offline wickedrx7

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2015, 07:24:42 PM »
Any pics of the Graphite?

1993 Touring, 2012 L99, T-56, Ronnin 8.8, Ohlins, Speedhut, Samberg and lots of custom parts
Build Thread - http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=19354.0
Pictures - www.flikr.com/wickedrx7

Offline twokrx7

« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2015, 07:31:55 PM »
They look great!
07 Jeep SRT8 426 mid-mount turbo, 1100+awhp
14 OBM Blue CTSV sedan, 680rwhp

Offline turbotalon1g

« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2015, 11:28:59 PM »

Offline Classy

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2015, 12:33:23 PM »
Broadfield, what is up with your S13?

Offline Sho Amo

« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 10:01:08 PM »
I think he means there has been a lack of updates. I was kinda wondering the same thing the other day.
[Sold] '90 GTU LS1/t56

Offline Broadfield

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 09:55:21 PM »
I think he means there has been a lack of updates. I was kinda wondering the same thing the other day.

I have not touched the car in 2 years... been too busy trying to get Broadfield Customs to a point where I can quit my day job.  I'm working about 90 hours/week right now doing both.  However, I just told my wife a couple weeks ago that I was going to have my S13 done in a year.  So I have a rekindled desire to get back at it no matter how late I have to stay up at night.  I actually started an Instagram page for the build:

https://instagram.com/toby_broadfield/

So far I'm just posting up pictures of it from the last few years to get current with it.