May 04, 2024, 04:26:56 PM

Author Topic: anyone want a good super bird?  (Read 4256 times)

Offline FCs Rule

anyone want a good super bird?
« on: August 01, 2011, 10:07:32 PM »
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Plymouth-Superbird-440-6-pack-727-Auto-Tor-Red-/180701568553?pt=Salvage_Parts_Cars&hash=item2a12a71e29&clk_rvr_id=252077182870

all i have to say is wtf

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR WANT ADDITIONAL PICS PLEASE ASK, HOWEVER IF YOUR PLANNING ON OFFERING ME $5000 OBVIOUSLY I'M NOT GOING TO DO THAT. PLEASE DON'T EMAIL ME UNLESS YOU ARE SERIOUS ABOUT THE CAR.

I HAVE LOTS OF PAPERWORK THAT GOES WITH THE CAR, EMAIL ME BEFORE YOU BUY.

Up for auction is a 1970 Plymouth Superbird 440 6 pack 727 Auto Tor Red. There is a story behind the car, so I'll explain and it will answer most of your questions.  Remember about 6 years ago when the economy was good, the stock market was good, and the car market was booming ?  Well the car market was moving leaps and bounds well the economy wasn't moving as fast. So lots of money guys, guys who couldn't tell the difference between a Cuda and a Roadrunner, started putting their money into cars. 8 years ago this was a rotissere restored superbird that was appraised at $175,000. I have the appraisal to prove it. 8 years ago one of those Money guys owned it. Remember how a few years later cars dropped, $200,000 cars were bringing $150,000. Well this guy paniced, because he had a huge garage full of high dollar cars, which all of a sudden weren't worth what he had in them.  So he went in dropped shelves, junk, etc on his cars (to increase the damage) then set fire to the place and collected on the insurance. I have that paperwork to. Unfortunately while all the insurance paperwork was being finished, checks written, and a new owner found, the car sat outside in the weather. Hence the rusty appearance. When you first glance at the car it doesn't look good. But its deceiving. The car was in a garage that started on fire, however the car didn't get that hot.  Alot of original paint is still on the car, the damage your seeing is almost entirely from stuff he dropped on it. Basically dents/dings, all very fixable.

Serial # RM23VOA (the last 6 I'm leaving off so no one copies my serial number)

Decodes as :

RM .......Car line.......  Plymouth Roadrunner

23.........Body type..... 2 dr hardtop

V............Engine............440 3 2bbl 390hp V8

O.........Model Year......1970 F series

A..........Ass plant........ Lynch Rd MI

Last six.....Assembly plant sequential number

Fender Tag   Top line I'm leaving off the internet so no one copies my fender tag.

123 052 672                       123... 440 6 barrel Auto    052....Chrysler 8 3/4" 3.55 ratio  672..... 440 6 barrel auto

26 C16                                 26..... 26" radiator   C16.....Woodgrain console

V19  V88                              V19..... black vinyl roof    V88.....Transverse sport stripe delete

EV2   P6XA    TX9    B30   J98184      EV2...Tor red  P6XA...black int bucket seats  TX9...black door frames  B30...cars scheduled production date   J98184.....1185th superbird built

E87   D32    RM23  VOA    E87....440 6 brl    D32...Automatic  RM....roadrunner class  23...2 dr hardtop  V...440 6 brl   0...1970     A...Lynch Road ass plant     End of fender tag is left off so no one copies my tag.

The way I see it there are 3 ways to restore this car.

Option 1,  buy a roadrunner/satellite as a donor car and put all the superbird parts on it.  Quick easy, within a year your driving a 440 6 pack superbird.

Option 2, Restore this body and buy a bunch of replacement panels.  Also quick and easy.

Option 3, which is the right way and the way it should be fixed. Restore the car using its original panels. Very time consuming, but because of what this is, should be done.  Your probably saying are you nuts, but it can be done.  First off there is a local frame place, they make cars straighter then they left the factory. The owner has already looked at the car, I was told its not a problem to pull everything back into alignment. If you buy the car I can take it to him before you pick it up. He always has a waiting list, so I would figure a months time and 2 grand later. Next I would pull the panels one by one and hammer and dolly them close and finish them up with a english wheel. Drill out the spot welds for the quarters and remove them, pull the door skins off, etc. . I could keep going. All very fixable, if your willing to take the time.

If you have a question on something particular, ask.

Just as a note, I do have the seat frames. I do also have a original wing that is in very good condition

I expect a $1,000 deposit within 5 days after the auctin ends. I expect the balance within 10 days after the auction ends. I will accept cash when you pick it up or you can wire my bank the money.

This paragraph ebay is requiring me to put in my description:

A "salvage parts car" is a non-operational vehicle that can be broken down into components for use in repairing or modifying other vehicles. A salvage parts car is not a vehicle that can be used for transportation with or without repair.
By listing your vehicle in this category you are affirming this vehicle is titled salvage or a similar brand, cannot be driven, and is not for the purpose of restoration, repair, or reconstruction.
Every item in the Salvage Parts Car category will have the following disclaimer included in the listing:
This is a salvage vehicle and is being sold for parts only. It is not operational or street legal. Therefore, upon purchase, it will need to be either towed or put on a trailer. This item is NOT eligible for the eBay Motors Vehicle Purchase Protection Program.
._________________________
|.....Overnight.....................| ||
|........Japan Parts................||'|";,___.
|_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

hate to say it but i told you so!

Offline cool

Re: anyone want a good super bird?
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2011, 10:25:42 PM »
Ok I'll say it.

Shit'll buff out.

Offline FCs Rule

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2011, 10:45:19 PM »
Ok I'll say it.

Shit'll buff out.
LOL
._________________________
|.....Overnight.....................| ||
|........Japan Parts................||'|";,___.
|_..._...____________======||_|_|...,]
"(@)'(@)""'''''''''''''"'''"**|(@)(@)*****"(@)

hate to say it but i told you so!

Offline Icemastr

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2011, 10:54:58 PM »
Maybe I just go to super expensive places, but I was quoted 8K to install front and rear wide body fenders, a front bumper, fix a few dents and repaint a great condition FD. Heck just getting my Miata inspected so the place could tell me that is needed a new wheel hub assembly was $300. I would love to see this shop that can straighten this thing out for $2K. 
09 GT-R - Daily Driver
93 LS1 RX7 - Trackable Street Car

Offline RXTC

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2011, 11:03:28 PM »
When you consider what a finished original sells for, you'd understand.

They didn't make many, and MoPar is Big money collector car.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Plymouth-Road-Runner-/110721077210?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item19c77d8fda

unfinished clone, bet it hits 10K or more

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1970-Plymouth-Superbird-HEMI-Tribute-/220821549584?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item3369fd7210

semi finished clone

Were not talking your everyday run of the mill SS Chevelle, or SBC that they shit millions out the door, this is a less than 1500 ever made car.

Yes, it is repairable

Offline mayhamfx

« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 12:05:12 AM »
$45,000 ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha/
90 Vert 5.3 / T-5   Back on the road.
"To save time let's just assume I know everything!"