May 08, 2024, 05:04:34 AM

Author Topic: Do not buy form V8envy, part II  (Read 10101 times)

Offline Pez

Do not buy form V8envy, part II
« on: June 14, 2011, 01:34:21 PM »
I know there's already a thread about this, but this one is good enough for its own thread.

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=6585.0

Ok, so this clown sends us a harness and AC lines to modify.  Sometime in route, he says that he needs the harness modded and returned ASAP because he lost his job.  Since the wait time on the new harness is about 1/3 of the wait of the modified harnesses, he opted for the new harness instead.  He mentioned something about selling me the stock harness that he shipped for a credit, but nothing ever came of that.  He also asked if I would ship his harness back, so since his story had changed, and we’re too busy to deal with his indecision, I just waited for him to make a decision.

He said that he lost his job and needed to sell the car to recoup some money.  Since I’ve been there before, I offered a $100 discount on the new harness.  He didn’t ask.  I offered.

Since we build harness at one shop, and modify them at another, and since he was saying he needed to get his car done, asap, we shipped the new harness from its shop.  The modified harness was at the other and, to be honest, had forgotten about it.

When he received the new harness, he gripped because it wasn’t the same as a modified harness and didn’t include the Mazda connectors (that he sent to the other shop) incorporated in.  We never told him that we would open his box and incorporate the Mazda connectors, and he never asked.  We have done that for customers before, but we didn’t even know he sent the connectors, since they were in an unopened box, at another shop.

When he asked about his stock harness, I told him that we never opened the box, and would be happy to send it back, but since we’ve already discounted the harness $100, to pay for return shipping.  I mean, it wasn’t our fault that he changed his mind about his order.  He sent $25, and we sent everything back.

We sent him pictured instructions as to how to hook it up and answered a couple dozen PMs from him.  He told me that he was able to crank the car on 5/23 but there was some confusion in the PMs about his fans because he had an older Hinson, single fan.  Most people use the newer Hinson dual fan or Samberg’s dual fan cooling system.  Once he and I got on the same page about that, fan hook up instruction was clarified.  That was on 6/1 and he said he wouldn’t have time to get to his car and fix it until that weekend (6/4-6/5).  On ONE occasion, he asked me to “call me if you can”.

Less than 2 hours later, he had filed a claim with Paypal saying that ‘none of the circuits work’, ‘the harness is incomplete’, ‘the fan and AC circuits don’t work’ (even though his car doesn’t have AC), ‘I’ve asked him to call me on numerous occasions’.  This joker even disputed the $25 payment to ship back his harness that he shipped then changed his mind.  Of course, he told Paypal that it was part of the new harness, and I forgot to ship parts to it, but I demanded payment.

Those who know us, have dealt with us, and especially those who have dealt with us and had issues, know that we go above and beyond to make things right.  There have been people who we spent too long sending their stuff out, and we gave them additional parts at cost.  There was one customer who’s harness was not tested, he had quite a few problems, and we gave him a full AC kit to make up for it.  But, this guy decided to lie to Paypal about our transaction, and about the details of our correspondence. Of course, I got another PM yesterday asking for help with the fan issue.  Turns out that since he’s using the older Hinson single fan, never told us until 2 weeks after he cranked his car, and is not compatible with our dual fan controller, he wants to know how to hook it up.  It’s a 20 second fix....

Now he’s got his car for sale.  So, either the buyer is getting a harness that has all of the problems mentioned above, and he’s lying to the buyer, or the buyer is getting an awesome harness and he’s lying to me and Paypal.

Granted, this has been cleared up with Paypal, only because he didn't return the harness and Paypal resolved the dispute in our favor.  Kinda like what happened to all the guys who disputed his transactions on the club.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 06:05:24 PM by Pez »
FC/FD plug and play wiring harnesses, LSx swap AC systems, LSx swap power steering lines.

Offline BeasTT

• Supporting Member
  • Top Fuel
  • Twinz for teh winz
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Re: Do not buy form V8envy, part II
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 01:44:53 PM »
What a fuckin low life douche. Makes you wonder if he lost his job or if they knew what kind of person he is and fired him?
Nick Shultz

1993 Rx-7
371ci, Twin Billet 6265's, Twin A2W's, ProEFI 128, RacePak IQ3,
McLeod RXT, Speedfab 8.8 solid axle, QA1s, FIC 2150cc, Magnafuel 4303

Offline 93silverbullet

• Supporting Member
  • Launching!
  • Faster than a speeding ticket...
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2011, 02:08:25 PM »
Sorry to hear about this Greg. Unfortunately in today’s society "no good deed goes unpunished". That bodes badly for the rest of us. It’s asshats like this guy that make want to volunteer him for the first rocket ship off this rock… to a galaxy far, far away.  ;)
Richard.

Offline 7StarrsSin

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2011, 02:14:22 PM »
That sucks but glad that everything worked out in your favor. :cheers:
:drive: :poke: :gruffy:

Offline mefarri

« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2011, 02:22:31 PM »
Douchesicle.
"I'm not sure what your intent was because I don't speak "dumbshit", but next time, start your own thread. "

-Jimlab

"Otherwise it looks like something I can build over a weekend, if I spent the first day watching TV."

-Blake motherfucking McBride

Offline digitalsolo

« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2011, 02:25:46 PM »
Glad I put him on "Probationary Status" so that he can't mod his sale thread.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Stock...ish.

Offline thetastelingers

« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2011, 02:59:08 PM »
Wow. Try to be nice to someone and they try to screw you.
wazzaaaaaaaaaaaapppppp!

Offline Warpaint_88

« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2011, 04:36:40 PM »
cant wait for his response to this :)  :popcorn:
Taking my FD to the Darkside   :drive:

Offline shakenbake

« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2011, 04:50:11 PM »
Please ban him for good Blake. I think we have provided enough info to justify this.

Offline AndreS

« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2011, 05:09:06 PM »
Douchesickle, now selling his douchemobile, word gets around.
88 RX7 'SE'- LS1/4L60E, yank SS3600, T2 diff, S5 NA 5 lug swap, KYB struts, etc.... best 1/4: 11.575 @ 117, 1.59 60'.

Offline mefarri

« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2011, 06:27:20 PM »
Please ban him for good Blake. I think we have provided enough info to justify this.

agreed.
"I'm not sure what your intent was because I don't speak "dumbshit", but next time, start your own thread. "

-Jimlab

"Otherwise it looks like something I can build over a weekend, if I spent the first day watching TV."

-Blake motherfucking McBride

Offline Tictakman

« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2011, 06:59:39 PM »
I posted up in his FS thread as a "heads up" to anyone looking at his car.  He has issues over on the club as well.....

Z

Offline digitalsolo

« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2011, 09:58:46 PM »
I can't ban him for moderately shady behavior.    It sounds like he is a PITA to deal with, but he hasn't successfully ripped anyone (here) off.    This is why we have a trader feedback system.

I did take away his ability to modify his posts or moderate his classified posts.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Stock...ish.

Offline Tibbys96Z

« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2011, 10:28:27 PM »
What a pain and waste of time to deal with.
I had a question for you Greg and emailed you. Let me know what you think when you have time please.

Offline Warpaint_88

« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2011, 10:53:25 PM »
I can't ban him for moderately shady behavior.    It sounds like he is a PITA to deal with, but he hasn't successfully ripped anyone (here) off.    This is why we have a trader feedback system.

I did take away his ability to modify his posts or moderate his classified posts.
if that's all that can be done for now it will still help those in the future so he can't back track
Taking my FD to the Darkside   :drive: