May 03, 2024, 11:09:00 PM

Author Topic: Akina's build  (Read 227813 times)

Offline 1320king

Re: Power plant 3.0
« Reply #330 on: May 15, 2014, 11:03:42 PM »
wow wow wow. love getting boxes like that

Offline largeorangefont

« Reply #331 on: May 15, 2014, 11:19:29 PM »
LOF is correct on the rotors. I just usually put in 2000 mustang cobra for searching, there very common and cheap. I am going to purchase a full set of two piece rotors from full tilt boogie racing to complete the brake package and be done. Withe the FD booster I just installed these should be the final piece to the puzzle.
These brackets might be available in the near future but I need to finish speaking with a certain person before offering them.I have received several pm's about them already. I will keep you guys apprised of the situation.

Bruce's (FTBR) rotors are killer. You will like them if you have not used them already.

Also their 4 piston brake caliper piston tool is really nice for quick pad changes.

Did they do the brackets for you?
Quote from: cool
Sell it to spacevomit.  He'll finish it.

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #332 on: May 15, 2014, 11:57:49 PM »
LOF is correct on the rotors. I just usually put in 2000 mustang cobra for searching, there very common and cheap. I am going to purchase a full set of two piece rotors from full tilt boogie racing to complete the brake package and be done. Withe the FD booster I just installed these should be the final piece to the puzzle.
These brackets might be available in the near future but I need to finish speaking with a certain person before offering them.I have received several pm's about them already. I will keep you guys apprised of the situation.

Bruce's (FTBR) rotors are killer. You will like them if you have not used them already.

Also their 4 piston brake caliper piston tool is really nice for quick pad changes.

Did they do the brackets for you?

Yeah there rotors look the piece and are a good price for the set.
No he did not make them, I built the front and rear brakes myself as well as pretty much everything else on the car. Thats half the fun for me and somewhat a problem since I end building/re-building things more than I drive it haha.

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #333 on: May 19, 2014, 12:36:44 PM »
Well got a majority of the new fuel sysetm done. New sending unit/pump built and installed. New fuel tank access cover built. New hardlines ran and fuel regulator mounted. I ran out of fittings otherwise I could have finished the feed line with the new filter. Ill get pics of that this week.

and ninja shot of me from my friend, im surprised a phone can take a nice pic like that when im welding!

sorry for the sideways photos, dont know why it loaded like that :(

Offline digitalsolo

« Reply #334 on: May 19, 2014, 12:45:26 PM »
1 small critique...

Those crimp connectors on the fuel pump.    Replace those with glue shrink ones if you can!

Looks great though, I'm jealous of your fuel tank cover!
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Stock...ish.

Offline largeorangefont

« Reply #335 on: May 19, 2014, 12:50:31 PM »
Nice work!! Did you just use the OEM tank access cover gasket?

For the fuel pump connectors visit a local hobby shop and get some Deans Ultra plugs for RC cars. They are a great high current connector.

They look like this:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2014, 01:08:41 PM by largeorangefont »
Quote from: cool
Sell it to spacevomit.  He'll finish it.

Offline digitalsolo

« Reply #336 on: May 19, 2014, 12:55:13 PM »
+1 on WS Deans stuff.   It is awesome.
Blake MF'ing McBride
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #337 on: May 19, 2014, 03:35:42 PM »
Thanks guys!  I actually have those connectors for my son's Traxxis cars haha never thought about using them. I was trying to find a milspec style connector or at least a quick connector for the access cover but couldnt find a small one so i just used the original rubber grommet and some spade connectors. Not a problem to change them if you guys know of a nice 5 wire connector meant for at least 30 amps. At the very least ill go back and put some heat shrink ones on it and those connectors since I have a bag of them.

LOF - The gasket for the aluminum plate on the pump assembly is the OE gasket. The seal i used on the access cover I made is a rubber door edge gasket that is like a 1/16" thick and i also under coated the inside of the cover for sound control.

Offline minion

• In The Bleach Box
  • 87 T2 5.3L/T56 swap in progress.
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: May 23, 2014, 10:01:40 PM »
so I just finished reading this thread and I am super impressed.  Super high quality work.  I now have a higher goal for my car. 

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #339 on: May 27, 2014, 09:05:39 PM »
Thanks Minion.

Well i hope everyone enjoys these next pictures. I spent the last 3-1/2 days busting ass in hopes to make it to my first local NASA event this weekend but ended up not being as far ahead as I hoped. i just kept running into things that I didn't expect - parts fitment issues, parts not correct, tool issues - and i am not going to rush things or half ass them potentially damaging something.
Overall I am pretty happy with how everything is turning out though and I am definetly enjoying it. A couple more days and the build portion will be done again then its back to dialing in the tune.

A few more changes will be made to some of the fuel lines now that I have the engine back in the car, one of the main ones being the cross over line on the front of the rails, just looks odd to me now hanging over the throttle body. Still need to mount the trans cooler and run those lines. I also decided I am going to re-wrap the harness's in the bay since i have to extend and change some of the connectors for the sensors.
 :cheers:

Offline digitalsolo

« Reply #340 on: May 27, 2014, 09:18:47 PM »
The engine looks great and all, but we really want to know if your HVAC controls and wiper switch work!

LOL

Car looks great Erik, nice work!
Blake MF'ing McBride

Offline Jordan Innovations

• Supporting Member
  • Top Fuel
  • Competition Mil-spec wiring/electronics since 2005
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Jordan Innovations
« Reply #341 on: May 27, 2014, 09:56:41 PM »
Woooo hooo engine's in the car!  Go gogogogogo!

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #342 on: June 01, 2014, 08:31:34 PM »
Well I gogogo'd as best I could but couldn't quite get it finished this weekend. Should be ready to fire next weekend barring any unforseen issues.
Finished getting all the plumbing done, re-wrapped the harness and extended it for what sensors that were relocated. Flushed the fuel lines. Fab'd up a throttle cable bracket. Had to make a small relocation bracket for teh drivers side rear coil - the new FD booster gets in the way. Mounted and plumbed the trans mission cooler. Shimed and aligned all the pulleys and brackets, gotta love the gates laser align for this job.
Still need to fill all the fluids, bleed the clutch, install the exhaust and put the interior back together so Blake knows the logicon and wipers work  :poke: plus give it a good bath and polish everything back up. :cheers:

Offline mefarri

« Reply #343 on: June 01, 2014, 10:46:12 PM »
So clean.
"I'm not sure what your intent was because I don't speak "dumbshit", but next time, start your own thread. "

-Jimlab

"Otherwise it looks like something I can build over a weekend, if I spent the first day watching TV."

-Blake motherfucking McBride

Offline babillaracing

« Reply #344 on: June 02, 2014, 06:22:03 PM »
wow just wow , speachless