October 18, 2018, 03:57:21 AM

Author Topic: FC C5 pedistol mounts releasing 6/11  (Read 22538 times)

Offline Pez

FC C5 pedistol mounts releasing 6/11
« on: June 06, 2010, 01:26:12 AM »
I sent the final drawings to the CNC cutter this weekend and will be able to begin filling orders on 6/11.

Here are the latest pictures I have of them.  The design has had minor changes since these were taken, but you get the idea.

The main advantage of these motor mount adapters is the ease of engine installation and removal.  The placement is similar to Granny's rear holes or Hinson's kit.  Transmission shifter comes up in the correct location with no Steeda or like shifter handle needed.

I currently do not offer a tranny support, but one will begin development soon.  The mount will be designed so exhaust can be routed under it, not above it like everyone else's mount.  If your project will drag out that long, I suggest to wait, but if not, Granny's or Hinson's tranny mount will work with these motor mount adapters.

I will be including the rubber biscuits engine cushions for those who haven't bought theirs yet for $32, no additional shipping.  The cheepest I've seen these is on Ebay for $27 + 6 shipped, so my pricing is definately competitive and will save you the time of another order for your project.

Price will be $165 shipped for the mounts, metric hardward included (all the other kits use standard hardware ???)
Mounts plus engine cushions $197 shipped.

Please write something like "FC C5 kit" in the Paypal notes.

All you'll need to get your engine mounted is some C5 or C6 engine pedistols.  GTO MOUNTS LOOK SIMILAR BUT WILL NOT FIT.  I've had pretty good luck putting WTB ads up on LS1tech to find those.  Here are some pics of test fits.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2011, 08:58:00 PM by Pez »
FC/FD plug and play wiring harnesses, LSx swap AC systems, LSx swap power steering lines.

Offline tweak

• Staged
  • LS1 T101A FC - Drift
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Re: FC C5 pedistol mounts releasing 6/11
« Reply #1 on: June 06, 2010, 01:47:20 AM »
You got money. :)
Red 88 FC GTU - 2000 LS1  - 3 stage 6 gallon dry sump - Stock LS1, T101A transmission - Stance coilovers .... lots of tires.

Offline southside427

« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2010, 11:53:50 AM »
questions...since this places the engine in same relative position as grannys will you need to trim the trans. tunnel brace? i think it was the pass. side, do you need to bend heater hose pipe up thats coming out of firewall? how close is the map sensor on back of manifold to firewall? you should prob. address all mods and issues before shipping out  also im sure the swaybar spacers will be needed,does anyone have a template for that,it would save me getting under the car and meas. everthing out,whats approx. thickness needed for the spacers

Offline willcoop

« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2010, 12:23:32 PM »
Payment sent

Offline Pez

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2010, 04:15:36 PM »
questions...since this places the engine in same relative position as grannys will you need to trim the trans. tunnel brace? i think it was the pass. side,

Yes.  Every FC swap I've ever done with a T56, 4L60e, or 700R4 have had to remove the pass tranny brace.  Th350 and T5 reused the stock brace.  My engine mounts will be the same.

do you need to bend heater hose pipe up thats coming out of firewall?

Yes, but a better idea is to relocate the heater core inlet/outlet to the pass side firewall.  Many have done it and documented it.  It might be hard to find on this forum right now, just ask and someone will post pics of how they did it.  It's pretty easy, I've done it a few times.

how close is the map sensor on back of manifold to firewall?

It's close, but it clears, just like all other kits.  I trim the firewall lip on every swap I've done to help with access behind the intake manifold for general maintenance.

you should prob. address all mods and issues before shipping out

Fitment is nearly identical to every other swapped FC.  My intent is not to reinvent the engine placement, but to make the placement easier.

also im sure the swaybar spacers will be needed,does anyone have a template for that,it would save me getting under the car and meas. everthing out,whats approx. thickness needed for the spacers

For some quick swaybar spacers, get 2 6" sections of 3/4 square tubing, drill 2 holes (all the way through) in each one, and bolt the swaybar to them with 8mm x 1.25 x 50mm bolts.
FC/FD plug and play wiring harnesses, LSx swap AC systems, LSx swap power steering lines.

Offline TheTransporter88

• In The Bleach Box
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2010, 04:03:11 PM »
Damn, Pez you would drop this the same time the new iPhone comes out......... Now priorities, which should I get first?? :confused:
I lurk therefore I am!  :lurk:

Offline fc3sbob

« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2010, 12:44:46 AM »
hey, good to see this.
can you include a price for shipping to a Canadian address?

Offline Pez

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2010, 12:54:42 AM »
Add $25 for Canadian shipping.

Offline fc3sbob

« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2010, 07:08:36 PM »
Add $25 for Canadian shipping.

you have money!

V8GOD

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2010, 10:47:19 PM »
Hi this is ProjectRE, change name to V8GOD
thats great, when do u think u will start ship them out? Im just waiting for u to ship me the new version..thanks

Offline Pez

« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2010, 11:05:25 PM »
Are you the guy from California?  PM me your address again.

V8GOD

« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2010, 09:29:06 PM »
PM sent. thanks

Offline FadedFD

• Staged
  • I <3 Bewbs
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2010, 09:50:58 PM »
Awesome Greg. I will bug you if I ever build an FC.

Offline AndyD

• In The Bleach Box
  • Wenkel Who?
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2010, 01:30:58 AM »
A couple questions about the mounts,
Are there any images which show how the mounts attach to the front crossmember? I'm assuming nut and bolt (especially since people have mentioned using the same holes as the granny's kit), though I've yet to find an image which shows it explicitly.
Also, has anyone who has received the pre-lim kits been able to test fit headers. The immediate thought is it looks like there is oodles more room with the pedistol mounts for headers, though sharing of first hand experience would be sweet!

In any case, these look just plain awesome. Good job to all who had a hand in it!
1987 TII - LS1/T56, ported 243s, LS6 intake, G5X2, JIC Coilovers, RPF1s

V8GOD

« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2010, 01:59:09 AM »
here some pic of the rubber mount

« Last Edit: June 12, 2010, 02:03:42 AM by V8GOD »