June 18, 2019, 04:55:50 PM

Author Topic: My "Blue Devil" matchbox racer build 2.0  (Read 33862 times)

Offline tai-lun

Re: My "Blue Devil" matchbox racer build 2.0
« Reply #150 on: May 29, 2019, 03:41:39 PM »
Still my favorite life sized Matchbox car.

Thanks!

No matter how many angry vents or go fast parts go on it, there is still that matchbox look hehe. Car is rolling into the booth now, and I'm finally replacing the dated Sparco shifter for a billet piece. It's a good tall shifter, and is the GT style I wanted, but the design is prone to slip and the billet unit has weights and thread options for a really good shift feel to match the MGW.
Tai - 93 LS2 Ronin Widebody FD - rebuild time with ITB's soon... :banghead:
Build Thread: http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=9172.0

Offline tai-lun

« Reply #151 on: June 10, 2019, 07:18:58 PM »
Having some major clutch issues if anyone has an idea of what is happening.

New LS7 clutch and RAM lightened flywheel, replaced bearing and slave as well while everything was out. Have the Hinson modified MC and remote bleeder.

Clutch was sticking a bit with full disengagement not happening, so a bit of pedal adjustment was needed. However, after driving it from the shop where the install was done to the bodyshop, it has since lost all hydraulic pressure and fluid is going down. No puddles, or leaks can be seen but the pedal is right on the floor with no pressure pushing back  :(

I've done some searching and have found some possibilities but no real answers.
- This is normal for LS7 clutches and they just need 500miles of so of city driving type of use to build up that pressure
- Going with the first point, after the break in the pedal moves back up and most people are good then
- Clutch line is bad, my braided one has been okay until now but maybe?...
- MC or slave is bad, but neither show leaks in or out right now and the slave is new
- Air, it has been blead many times from the remote line but maybe I need to bleed it on the MC as well as the remote bleeder line

Any ideas? Anyone else have this issue on LS7 clutches?

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #152 on: June 10, 2019, 08:01:18 PM »
Have you tried my bleed method?
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #153 on: June 10, 2019, 09:57:32 PM »
To get mine fully bled I used my mityvac to pull a vacuum on the reservoir for several days.
I'd go out after work each day, pump the vacuum back up and pump the pedal several times.
Eventually the pedal firmed up and works nicely.
1995 FD, 7.0 Liter stroked LS3, T56, 8.8, Samberg kit.

Offline tai-lun

« Reply #154 on: June 11, 2019, 11:57:14 PM »
Have you tried my bleed method?

I did, no luck and no idea where there could be a leak. The mityvac pulled bubbles but even when the bubbles stopped the pedal is still right on the floor. It's quite odd as it drove fine to the shop, and the last time they pulled some air with the mityvac the car was good for a day or so moving around the bodyshop. But now it's dead.

To get mine fully bled I used my mityvac to pull a vacuum on the reservoir for several days.
I'd go out after work each day, pump the vacuum back up and pump the pedal several times.
Eventually the pedal firmed up and works nicely.

On day 3 and still pedal to the floor, starting to think I'll have to flatbed it to the car show now this Saturday. The only difference from before the clutch swap is the remote bleeder line is now ziptied up toward the engine bay instead of under the car like ti was before which should make no difference. Brand new GM slave, possibly a bad unit?

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #155 on: June 12, 2019, 07:26:05 AM »
Sure sounds like a bad master or slave.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish