April 24, 2019, 04:29:55 AM

Author Topic: Tuned my Turbo F-body on pump gas . results  (Read 4207 times)

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
Re: Tuned my Turbo F-body on pump gas . results
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2011, 05:39:04 PM »
Haha, yeah, I drive like an old lady 99.999% of the time.   Seriously, it's sad.  I should just get a Prius.  :D
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2013 Focus ST3 - Stage 1 BPU

Offline project dc2

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 08:25:33 PM »
Interesting.   I got about 18 mpg city and 28 mpg highway with my car on gasoline.   That was with a stalled automatic too.

I see around 13 city and 20 highway with it on E85 now.   Similar power output.  I do have 3.07 gears and a lockup converter though.

cruising on fwy in the supra i think its close to 13-15 mpg last i checked and i babied the gas. the AFR's were 15:1 during cruising so its not like its dumping a ton of fuel.  that was a 200 mile trip to/from and i babied the gas because there was no E85 in the area.

Its likley my driving style,  im not very kind to the gas pedal.  Even when I had stock hondas, i'd drive the car and log the MPG and my gf would take the car and i'd log her MPG.   Needless to say no matter what I'd lose even though i drove like a grandpa.

Offline project dc2

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2011, 08:26:57 PM »
Judging my MPG is really hard since I don't ever just cruise my car. When it comes out it is getting beaten and that is it really.

if the rx7, maro, or supra get driven out they got beaten like they owe me money . ( they do actually) but other than that my  current gf tells me i drive like a grandpa. acceleration wise i dont but when it comes to a steady MPH  on the fwy i just cruise @ 70