April 18, 2019, 03:15:49 PM

Author Topic: Huge Market for LSX FD exhaust  (Read 8336 times)

Offline RAPID

Re: Huge Market for LSX FD exhaust
« Reply #30 on: June 23, 2014, 12:15:10 PM »
one of the hardest parts is that there is a slight variation due to welding . also shipping would be killer due to the length of the mid pipe exhaust. No to mention headers are barely moving off the shelf.
So it seems there IS NOT a huge market for LSX FD exhaust. project dc2 has only 1.75 stamped left, is this correct ? How many sets ? JTR wishes to only offer 1.75 painted. The mythical Hinson 1.88 stainless may or may not be available.
I have learned a bit more about Tri-Y. While they can make more power, the secondary length, diameter and merge angles are critical in the effort to have the negative pressure wave pulse to hit the exhaust valve while it is opening. They must be designed with a program like Pipemax or Burn's stainless' X design. Maybe Pfadt learned this the hard way as they are out of business. 4-1 seems to be much more forgiving and makes power in a wider range of H/C combos. For every V8 Rx7 there are hundreds of F-Body's and each RX7 may have one of six different mounting kits. Is it any wonder there are fitment issues.

Joe

Offline project dc2

« Reply #31 on: June 23, 2014, 06:51:50 PM »
one of the hardest parts is that there is a slight variation due to welding . also shipping would be killer due to the length of the mid pipe exhaust. No to mention headers are barely moving off the shelf.
So it seems there IS NOT a huge market for LSX FD exhaust. project dc2 has only 1.75 stamped left, is this correct ? How many sets ? JTR wishes to only offer 1.75 painted. The mythical Hinson 1.88 stainless may or may not be available.
I have learned a bit more about Tri-Y. While they can make more power, the secondary length, diameter and merge angles are critical in the effort to have the negative pressure wave pulse to hit the exhaust valve while it is opening. They must be designed with a program like Pipemax or Burn's stainless' X design. Maybe Pfadt learned this the hard way as they are out of business. 4-1 seems to be much more forgiving and makes power in a wider range of H/C combos. For every V8 Rx7 there are hundreds of F-Body's and each RX7 may have one of six different mounting kits. Is it any wonder there are fitment issues.

if this post had a G spot   It would have an O-face right now.  :'( .   The markets not bad but its not GREAT.  no ones going to get rich serving the ls1 rx7 community.  I only do it to  support the community and maintain  some profit. its not easy having 8-10K inventory sitting on shelf for  8-10 months at a time.  I might sell one header a month if im lucky to be honest. Quite frankly, i could get a better ROI and turn around doing something else but  the market is in short of suppliers and  it is what it is.

Offline quinns

« Reply #32 on: June 30, 2014, 09:21:55 PM »
All I knows is that my headers are kickass. Thanks for making such a great product. There's so many places around a guy can get exhaust done at I don't think its such a big deal. Headers though is another story and these fit so awesome I'm glad they're available.
1993 Rx-7 Base LS3 TR6060 Ronin 8.8

Offline Nfinitecc

• Staged
  • [URL=http://s919.photobucket.com/user/WCStanford/m
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 03, 2015, 11:35:41 PM »
+1 mine went in easy and sound awesome, I just wish I could buy a Y-pipe, my shop doing the chassis wiring can do it but I want to run it some and tune on it at my house before hand without burning up 5 sets of O2 sensors :/

Offline Sabre002

• Supporting Member
  • Top Fuel
  • My Shit is Custom
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Panic Motorsports
« Reply #34 on: November 09, 2015, 06:27:27 PM »
I have some new connections with kooks they are making some stuff for Mazda and for the Spec Miata community.  I have no clue when I can get over there but I'm sure they will deal with us now.
Josh
Stig's sunglass wearing American cousin
74 MGB GT V8 12.83 (75 shot)
93 402 LS2/T56 Rule 3 No V8 RX7's