May 29, 2020, 06:58:56 AM

Author Topic: FD Powerflex Polyurethane Bushings  (Read 18807 times)

Offline Juan

• Pre-Staging
  • I'm a tall midget
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • J-AUTO
Re: FD Powerflex Polyurethane Bushings
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2011, 08:13:40 PM »
Sent you a PM on the other forum. Thanks  :D

Offline mdpalmer

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2011, 11:51:48 PM »
bump for Juan AKA WAN on the 'club. He's a great guy. "tall midget"  :yay: j/k fisa (meiogirl with cym rotary FD) just had juan install them in her car and feels like new. bushings are a wear item on these cars. i may have to redo mine soon.
Mike
1993 SSM FD3S LS1 Rx-7 :o SOLD  :'(
My Build Thread
YouTube Vids

Offline Juan

• Pre-Staging
  • I'm a tall midget
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • J-AUTO
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2011, 01:13:59 PM »
bump for Juan AKA WAN on the 'club. He's a great guy. "tall midget"  :yay: j/k fisa (meiogirl with cym rotary FD) just had juan install them in her car and feels like new. bushings are a wear item on these cars. i may have to redo mine soon.

Thanks Mike! My screen name on the 'club is now Juan. Here's a picture of the rear control arms I did on meiogirl's FD:

Powerflex control arm bushings and AtomicRex pillow balls

I'm running an X-MAS special on bushing kits: FREE SHIPPING to the lower 48 states. If anyone is interested in AtomicRex pillow balls, I have them in stock right now. Prices are $350 shipped (within the lower 48 states) for the street version and $450 shipped (within the lower 48 states) for the race version which is aimed towards track junkies. Here is a picture of these pillow balls:

I will make a new thread specifically for these pillow balls shortly but shoot me a PM if you'd like to place an order  ;)

Offline mklinger

Juan,

How much trouble to get the 70A yellow bushings and is it even worth it compared to the stockers if you want to keep the car 'streetable'.

Thanks for the reply.

Offline Juan

• Pre-Staging
  • I'm a tall midget
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • J-AUTO
Juan,

How much trouble to get the 70A yellow bushings and is it even worth it compared to the stockers if you want to keep the car 'streetable'.

Thanks for the reply.

It's not too much trouble but it takes a little over a month to make them and then however long it takes for me to receive them from Europe. I believe there's a fee added to custom orders but I dont have that info with me at the moment. The standard purple & black bushings are fine on the street. They wont rattle your interior apart or add a bunch of road noise but you will feel your chassis more responsive.

What kind of suspension and wheel size are you running? Stiffer coilovers and wide 18" wheels will give you a firmer ride with these bushings but then again, people with this setup arent trying to keep a Cadillac-like ride.

Offline mklinger

What kind of suspension and wheel size are you running? Stiffer coilovers and wide 18" wheels will give you a firmer ride with these bushings but then again, people with this setup arent trying to keep a Cadillac-like ride.

17" Borbet wheels with Eibach springs and Koni Yellows.  I occasionally take the car to work which is an 80 mile round trip.   Not looking for a ride like my G35S nor I'm I looking for a ride like my Ram 1500.   Right now the 7 has 100K on the original suspension and it's pretty noisy, loose and harsh. The car won't be tracked so I'm really looking to acheive good improvement in the ride quality.

Offline Juan

• Pre-Staging
  • I'm a tall midget
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • J-AUTO

17" Borbet wheels with Eibach springs and Koni Yellows.  I occasionally take the car to work which is an 80 mile round trip.   Not looking for a ride like my G35S nor I'm I looking for a ride like my Ram 1500.   Right now the 7 has 100K on the original suspension and it's pretty noisy, loose and harsh. The car won't be tracked so I'm really looking to acheive good improvement in the ride quality.

I've never been in a G35S so I cant compare the two but at the risk of sounding biased, I personally think these bushings are comfortable. To this day, I havent had a customer complain about the ride quality from both male and female FD owners. I think the key component to maintaining a good ride are your 17" wheels. Theres many reviews in the suspension section on this forum and over on the RX-7club by real world end users who have good things to say about them. I didnt quote any forum members on purpose as to not look like Im choosing the good reviews just to make a quick buck. In my opinion, the positives (chassis feels tighter more responsive) far outweigh the negatives (small decrease in ride quality). Hope this helps a bit.

Thanks,
Juan

Offline mklinger

Points well taken.  If the consensus is that the ride is acceptable then I'm good with that.  Can you PM me a quote for a Powerflex complete set as well as a full set of pillowballs shipped to 28166.  Thanks.

Offline Juan

• Pre-Staging
  • I'm a tall midget
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • J-AUTO
Points well taken.  If the consensus is that the ride is acceptable then I'm good with that.  Can you PM me a quote for a Powerflex complete set as well as a full set of pillowballs shipped to 28166.  Thanks.

Just sent you pricing information.  ;)

Offline mattster03

• Top Fuel
  • Dewankling since 2004
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
I forsee lots'o $$$ spent with you this winter...

:(  for me
 :)  for you
Current Car: 1993 Mazda RX7 Touring, LS1/T56, Stock Stock Stock

1993 Mazda RX7 R1, LS1/T56, EPS 230/238, TSP Ported heads
10.826 @ 128 , 1.53 60' - SOLD

Feature Article - http://www.importmeet.com/blog/2012/03/29/best-of-both-worlds-v8rx7guys-ls1-swapped-1993-mazda-rx-7/
Swap Info - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2801662

1986 Mazda RX7 GXL, LT1/T56 "Retired"
Swap Info - http://www.cardomain.com/ride/641869

Offline Juan

• Pre-Staging
  • I'm a tall midget
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • J-AUTO
I forsee lots'o $$$ spent with you this winter...

:(  for me
 :)  for you

Think of it this way...

:) for your FD
:) from the joy the FD will give you

and :) for me knowing that I just helped extend the life of another RX-7  :drive:

I'm ready when you are. I carry many other items both stock replacement (water pumps, spark plugs...) and aftermarket (both piston and rotary parts).

Thanks,
Juan

Offline Random

Re: FD Powerflex Polyurethane Bushings - FREE SHIPPING ON BUSHING KITS
« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2012, 08:33:59 PM »
Just placed my order. Thanks man.

-Josh
SOLD - '94 FD Money Pit: LS1, RSGear F-Body T56 w/ Magnum guts, RPF1s (18X9.5) on all four corners, Pettit TrakPro-StgIII, Improved Racing goodies, MGW, Powerflex bushings, and my own blood and sweat (and maybe a tear when she started for the first time).
DD: '14 Honda Ridgeline

Offline MeFryRice

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2012, 11:44:45 PM »
I wish I would have seen this yesterday when I ordered my complete set from another vendor.

Offline Juan

• Pre-Staging
  • I'm a tall midget
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • J-AUTO
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2012, 04:06:56 AM »
I wish I would have seen this yesterday when I ordered my complete set from another vendor.

Not a problem. Don't hesitate to contact me if you ever need anything  ;)