February 18, 2019, 04:57:57 AM

Author Topic: LS1 LONGTUBE HEADER SALE ** closed**  (Read 15915 times)

Offline project dc2

Re: LS1 LONGTUBE HEADER SALE
« Reply #30 on: January 17, 2011, 10:57:48 AM »
sounds great =)

Offline ProjectD

« Reply #31 on: January 20, 2011, 12:46:45 PM »
LT's are in loading some pics now... :bacon:

Offline ProjectD

« Reply #32 on: January 20, 2011, 03:21:06 PM »
"Ice breaker" post.

Shipping: The LT's arrived very fast and were packed as if Fedex planned on throwing the box from the truck as they drove by without stopping....needless to say they were well packed ;)  10/10

Appearance:  As seen in previous pictures the header look very nice and appear to be a high quility peice.  I chose the merged collector for the slight advantage they provide. The ceramic coating is nice and adds a little bling to the bay. 10/10

Installation: Install was very straight foward and the best part about it was BOTH headers were able to be installed from above.( I didn't need to remove the starter or motor mounts)  The passenger side was an extremely tight fit. I needed to remove the valve cover and as soon as the planets were in perfect alingnent the header slipped in. The driver side had more room to easily slide the header into place but the merge collector came in contact with the tranny tunnel and prevented the bolts from all linning up. That was nothing a small hammer couln't take care of. (NOTE I DID NOT have to hit the firewall, just the tranny tunnel) after I put the header back on, I noticed there was not enough room above the vband to get the clamp on. (hammer time). I had no more issues after that.  I would rate this process a 7/10 but the fact that both headers went in from the top was a huge bonus for me.  And it should be noted that my steering shaft, brake booster, and ABS are not in the car at this time so i don't know how those parts will affect the install.  8/10

Performance: It will be a while longer before my car is running so someone else will have to chime in here. But I have no doubts these bad boys will perform as designed.

Overall experience: I'm very happy with my purchase and would like to personally thank Philip & Spoolin performance for the quality products and top notch service they provide. 10/10  :cheers:

Now for the pics...

Here you can see where the driver side merge collector comes in contact witht the tranny tunnel.

This pic shows the lack of clearance for the vband clamp.

Here you can see the beat up tranny tunnel. Large circle on the right is for the collector, small one on the left is for the vband clamp.

Here is the header installed after the the beating.

And now a view that's more pleasing to the eye.

Sorry for the crappy Iphone pictures. When I find my camera Ill get some better ones.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:55:09 PM by ProjectD »

Offline project dc2

« Reply #33 on: January 24, 2011, 12:12:46 PM »
thank you for the honest review.  car looks great and I cant wait to see it up and running !

Offline ProjectD

« Reply #34 on: January 24, 2011, 09:01:21 PM »
No problem. My build should start picking up again soon so stay tuned

Offline largeorangefont

• Top Fuel
  • I steer with the gas pedal.
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2011, 12:43:54 PM »
Got the Spoolin Performance headers roughly fitted. I will have more detailed pictures in the next few days. These fit nice and tight to the bottom of the car. There was little clearancing needed around the gas pedal area on the drivers side. These should not interfere with throttle pedal travel. I did need to clearance the tranny tunnel area where the collector is located. I still might need a little more there.

The passenger side needed more work. I basically needed to clearance up to the old AC drain tube hole. You can see in the pictures the remnants of the hole, and it gives a good reference as to how much room you need to make. The headers seem to fit very nice.

All of this was done with a mock up block so fitment is not quite exact yet. I will have more coming soon, and final comments when I get the real engine and transmission in the car.

Quote from: cool
Sell it to spacevomit.  He'll finish it.

Offline import810

• Pre-Staging
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2011, 05:47:33 PM »
Phil does great work and is a great guy! Back when i was 16 in my Honda days he helped me out massively with my janky turbo manifold and downpipe, beadrolling my I/C pipes, and welding me a dumptube for a great price. I'm glad he's now part of the v8rx7 community.

-Greg
Daily Driver: 99 Nissan Maxima
Project Girlfriend:1993 VR Touring LS1/T56 with H/C, UD Pulley, JTR 1 7/8, Samberg Rad, Hinson Kit

For sale: http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=4804.0

gmtech1978

« Reply #37 on: January 29, 2011, 08:54:57 PM »
put me down for a group buy when your ready, btw...i want the merge  :drive:

Offline lm38330

• Staged
  • 91 S5 Coupe,hope it goes V8
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 02, 2011, 02:19:26 AM »
Phil,

When will the next set of headers be avalible for sale?

Also,
Are you going to offer military discounts on your products/headers?

Thanks and keep those great products coming.
S4 FC LS1/T-56-Gone but not forgotten

91 Coupe RX7-Hoping to get back in the game soon.

DD-2005 Altima SE-R 3.5VQ/6speed-350Z slayer :drive:

Offline project dc2

« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2011, 12:19:07 AM »
PM me for pricing for miltary personal.  I still have headers in stock.  just not on the ice breaker deal but im willing to sell a few more at discounted pricing.    PM me  and show me pics of your build etc. =)

Offline Turbovw

« Reply #40 on: April 19, 2011, 07:38:17 AM »
id like to see and have more info on how these work with Grannys kits

Offline project dc2

« Reply #41 on: April 20, 2011, 08:54:25 PM »
id like to see and have more info on how these work with Grannys kits

on FC or FD chassis ? I believe one of these is a grannys kit

i've tried it on granny's kit on an FD no problems.

Offline v8envy

« Reply #42 on: May 04, 2011, 09:04:34 PM »
Ok ran into a little problem, I have the original Hinson Kit, the one where you had to give them your old subframe, I got my passenger side header in to problem quick and easy from the top. I can't get the driver side in, I have tried from the bottom, from the top, removed the valve cover, nothing seems to work! Is there something else I can try short of removing the head and installing the header then put the head back on. Help!!!!

Offline project dc2

« Reply #43 on: May 04, 2011, 09:17:00 PM »
what does it hit on the way in >?   and how far is your car lifted off the ground ? sometimes you need more ground clearance to really manuver the header in. 

Phoenix 6.0

« Reply #44 on: May 08, 2011, 03:05:25 PM »
haven't noticed if its been answered, but does anyone know if a lingenfelter or mocal oil cooler adapter will fit with these?