June 01, 2024, 02:48:42 AM

Author Topic: Chase Bays Tucked Radiator What hoses?  (Read 1288 times)

Offline Venom13132

• Launching!
  • 95 RX-7 LS1 T56 FEED Widebody
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Venom Speed Shop
Chase Bays Tucked Radiator What hoses?
« on: May 16, 2023, 12:16:55 PM »
For the few of us that have the Chase Bays Tucked Radiator.  What are you using for hoses?  I was looking at using silicone hoses, but I don't want to have a claptrap of hose sections clamped together. 
1995 RX-7 - LS1, T56: Feed wide body, Feed CF Side skirts, 57DR 18's, K-Sport coilovers, 99 spec\ tails and spoiler, SpeedHut, Aeromotive, TwinZ Diffuser
2010 Cadillac Escalade: Daily Driver and pulls my 18' car hauler

Offline jwvand02

Re: Chase Bays Tucked Radiator What hoses?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2023, 05:23:00 PM »
I can't give you any advice specific to the Chase Bays radiator, however I did do silicone hoses in my own custom rad setup. In order to avoid that whole ugly "bunch of sections clamped together" look, I used black hose and got heat shrink radiator hose clamps. It's a lot better looking IMO and more reliable than worm gear clamps.

Offline Venom13132

• Launching!
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Venom Speed Shop
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2023, 07:18:48 AM »
I can't give you any advice specific to the Chase Bays radiator, however I did do silicone hoses in my own custom rad setup. In order to avoid that whole ugly "bunch of sections clamped together" look, I used black hose and got heat shrink radiator hose clamps. It's a lot better looking IMO and more reliable than worm gear clamps.

Nice.  I will look into that for sure. 

I have no problem piecing together what I need, I just want it to look good.
1995 RX-7 - LS1, T56: Feed wide body, Feed CF Side skirts, 57DR 18's, K-Sport coilovers, 99 spec\ tails and spoiler, SpeedHut, Aeromotive, TwinZ Diffuser

Offline Tictakman

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2023, 08:29:23 PM »
You figure out anything on hoses?  Also, are you NA or FI and with AC?  What is your fan setup and is it running cool or overheating?

Z

Offline Venom13132

• Launching!
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Venom Speed Shop
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2023, 06:20:24 AM »
You figure out anything on hoses?  Also, are you NA or FI and with AC?  What is your fan setup and is it running cool or overheating?

Z

I think I am just going to piece it together and utilize those Shrink Radiator clamps and silicone high temp hoses.   I am going to be NA with AC.  I am running the Mishimoto fans that Chase Bays sells with the radiator.