January 20, 2021, 08:47:29 AM

Author Topic: FS: S4 T2 diff, T2 halfshafts, T56 - T2 driveshaft  (Read 308 times)

Offline cthommes

FS: S4 T2 diff, T2 halfshafts, T56 - T2 driveshaft
« on: January 01, 2021, 01:31:14 PM »
Hi all,
Swapping in an 8.8, so have all the below available. All have run successfully for about 1000 light (break in and testing) miles in my LT1/T56 FC. Pick up in Ventura, CA.

S4 T2 differential. LSD in good shape, no whine, no strange noises, no leaks. Rear delrin bushings. $350

T2 halfshafts. I freshened these up with new boots and grease prior to install. $200 for the pair.

T56 to T2 steel driveshaft. Custom built at local shop, length for Granny's rear-hole SBC cradle. $175.

$650 for all together. Prices OBO.

Offline MPbdy

Re: FS: S4 T2 diff, T2 halfshafts, T56 - T2 driveshaft
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2021, 03:25:15 PM »
For what it's worth, I'd start the T2 LSD up at $500-600.

$300-350 is what they were going for years ago.  I might be out of touch, but those diffs are gold for FD owners.

Offline Wryth

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2021, 10:38:53 AM »
Any chance you will ship? If so, I am highly interested in Diff and Halfshafts. I'll cover shipping of course, and get you at least $50 more than your asking, for the pair.

Hi all,
Swapping in an 8.8, so have all the below available. All have run successfully for about 1000 light (break in and testing) miles in my LT1/T56 FC. Pick up in Ventura, CA.

S4 T2 differential. LSD in good shape, no whine, no strange noises, no leaks. Rear delrin bushings. $350

T2 halfshafts. I freshened these up with new boots and grease prior to install. $200 for the pair.

T56 to T2 steel driveshaft. Custom built at local shop, length for Granny's rear-hole SBC cradle. $175.

Offline cthommes

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2021, 09:20:41 PM »
Hi there!
There's a couple reasons I'm not super stoked on the idea. 1) Packaging it up well will be a big ol PITA.  2) I'd really rather someone inspect some 30+ year old items with unknown history in person.  While as mentioned I've got about 1000 miles on these myself, I hate being the guy that ships (or receives) something that didn't match expectations...

That said. I'm not dead set against it. Where are you at, and do you have a nearby Greyhound terminal? Probably would be cheaper to ship Greyhound...

Also, what pics and/or videos and/or other info can I provide in lieu of the in person inspection thing? Understanding it's all removed from the car...

Any chance you will ship? If so, I am highly interested in Diff and Halfshafts. I'll cover shipping of course, and get you at least $50 more than your asking, for the pair.

Hi all,

Offline Wryth

« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2021, 10:43:41 AM »
I'm located in MD, about an hour+ from the closest Greyhound (located in Baltimore). Would ShipNex be a good option for shipping? My sole experience with them has been fantastic. They purchase remaining blocks of available shipping space from UPS/Fedex, with a large discount. You might have to wait 1-3 days before drop-off (at FedEx or UPS location), but its dramatically cheaper, especially for bigger items. I shipped 4x 18" wheels for about $170. 

I am very similar in the regard that I do not want to unknowingly sell something that's ability to function, may be diminished. When it comes to unknown history, I am afraid it's going to be the same deal when purchasing the T2 LSD from anyone, not just you, for the most part. Tbh, I haven't come across any T2 LSD's for sale, within a 3hr driving radius, within the past year, casually looking, prior to getting more serious with my build... so, shipping might actually be my only option, within reason.

I read this though, while reading about, maybe it's a worthwhile thing to try to get an idea of the "life" left:
"You can test the breakaway torque on the LSD to see how healthy it is. Make some way to hold one flange stationary and make an adapter with a large nut on the side to put a torque wrench on and see how much torque it takes to move it." (original post: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/learn-me-rebuilding-fc-rx7-clutch-type-lsd/55849/page1/)

Let me know your thoughts! 8)

Hi there!
There's a couple reasons I'm not super stoked on the idea. 1) Packaging it up well will be a big ol PITA.  2) I'd really rather someone inspect some 30+ year old items with unknown history in person.  While as mentioned I've got about 1000 miles on these myself, I hate being the guy that ships (or receives) something that didn't match expectations...

That said. I'm not dead set against it. Where are you at, and do you have a nearby Greyhound terminal? Probably would be cheaper to ship Greyhound...

Also, what pics and/or videos and/or other info can I provide in lieu of the in person inspection thing? Understanding it's all removed from the car...

Hi all,

Offline cthommes

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2021, 12:41:40 PM »
Hiya,
Sorry for the sluggish reply, a helluva work week for me. Anyway your ideas are all good, and I have a few others also. I'll take some time this weekend to get you pics, vids, breakaway torque test, explore shipping options, etc.

PM me your email address if you don't mind, I think it will be easier to continue this discussion via email.

Thanks!

I'm located in MD, about an hour+ from the closest Greyhound (located in Baltimore). Would ShipNex be a good option for shipping? My sole experience with them has been fantastic. They purchase remaining blocks of available shipping space from UPS/Fedex, with a large discount. You might have to wait 1-3 days before drop-off (at FedEx or UPS location), but its dramatically cheaper, especially for bigger items. I shipped 4x 18" wheels for about $170. 

I am very similar in the regard that I do not want to unknowingly sell something that's ability to function, may be diminished. When it comes to unknown history, I am afraid it's going to be the same deal when purchasing the T2 LSD from anyone, not just you, for the most part. Tbh, I haven't come across any T2 LSD's for sale, within a 3hr driving radius, within the past year, casually looking, prior to getting more serious with my build... so, shipping might actually be my only option, within reason.

I read this though, while reading about, maybe it's a worthwhile thing to try to get an idea of the "life" left:
"You can test the breakaway torque on the LSD to see how healthy it is. Make some way to hold one flange stationary and make an adapter with a large nut on the side to put a torque wrench on and see how much torque it takes to move it." (original post: https://grassrootsmotorsports.com/forum/grm/learn-me-rebuilding-fc-rx7-clutch-type-lsd/55849/page1/)

Hi there!

Hi all,

Offline Wryth

« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2021, 10:40:51 AM »
PM'd

Hiya,
Sorry for the sluggish reply, a helluva work week for me. Anyway your ideas are all good, and I have a few others also. I'll take some time this weekend to get you pics, vids, breakaway torque test, explore shipping options, etc.

PM me your email address if you don't mind, I think it will be easier to continue this discussion via email.

Thanks!

Hi there!

Hi all,