October 22, 2020, 01:33:17 PM

Author Topic: Got the COVID!  (Read 473 times)

Offline Cobranut

Re: Got the COVID!
« Reply #15 on: October 15, 2020, 09:15:28 PM »
Blake,

Will your employer let you return to work so soon?   :scratch:
Most places, mine included, require you to stay out at least 10 days after you no longer have any fever or other symptoms.
1995 FD, 7.0 Liter stroked LS3, T56, 8.8, Samberg kit.

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #16 on: October 15, 2020, 09:24:05 PM »
Luckily I work from home most of the time anyway.    We have a staff physician who said I'm to be out of the office, physically, until 10/26.     My wife is out through next week (I think).   My son, however, is not allowed back to school until November 3rd (!) which is crazy, but it's because he's been negative on tests, so his "clock" doesn't start until the wife and I are no longer contagious, since he could technically get it any time, so it's our onset + 10 days + 14 days.    Geeze.     At least he can do stuff remote and I can help with homeschooling betwixt work scheduling.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2020, 10:50:05 PM »
Luckily I work from home most of the time anyway.    We have a staff physician who said I'm to be out of the office, physically, until 10/26.     My wife is out through next week (I think).   My son, however, is not allowed back to school until November 3rd (!) which is crazy, but it's because he's been negative on tests, so his "clock" doesn't start until the wife and I are no longer contagious, since he could technically get it any time, so it's our onset + 10 days + 14 days.    Geeze.     At least he can do stuff remote and I can help with homeschooling betwixt work scheduling.

My wife felt sick at work last Tuesday, so they sent her for testing.
I was off that Wed-Fri until her test came back negative. 
Fortunately I rarely take mu laptop home, so I couldn't "work". 
I did get a lot of stuff done at home though, and they pay us anyway.  8) :bacon:

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #18 on: October 17, 2020, 07:43:24 PM »
Well I'm MOSTLY back to normal now.   ZERO stamina, but otherwise back to about 90% or a little better.

I did my virtual Taekwondo tournament (it's a Zoom meeting format based on forms/weapons).    This is my 3rd competition in this format, I took 2nd in forms the previous two tournaments (same guy beat me both times).    This time I did forms and weapons.     Took first in forms and second in weapons (and the judges all commented that our weapons match was one of the closest they'd seen so far, so that's a great compliment).    There are some really tough guys in my ring, so I'm pretty chuffed with a 1st and 2nd place.   I'm currently 2nd in state (and I think 3rd nationally) in my age bracket for forms, and I think 2nd in state in weapons (4th or 5th nationally).    I missed one week for a wedding, so I'm a bit behind the 8 ball to catch up, but regardless I'm really happy with the performance.

If I can keep up the improvements, maybe I can win a couple more of these when I'm not a shambling corpse.   :D
Blake MF'ing McBride
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2020, 11:27:50 PM »
Congrats Blake, that's impressive. 👍

Glad to hear you're feeling better.

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2020, 02:59:38 PM »
So an update a few days later.

My wife is finally feeling better (she had it way worse and was out of commission totally for almost 9 days).    I feel basically fine, but as Joel and others had noted, my stamina is still well reduced.   I can do about 20-25 minutes on the elliptical and I'm utterly spent.    I'm not consistently eating either (I have zero appetite, so I'm forcing myself to eat).    Beyond that, I'd say I feel 98% normal.    One good thing about this is that I get more sleep at night, haha.

Trying to get a clear test so I can get back to martial arts class, I miss my instructors/friends and the training as a whole.   :)
Blake MF'ing McBride