November 23, 2020, 10:34:40 PM

Author Topic: Don't flame me! Any plans to develop some RX8 components?  (Read 688 times)

Offline onefastrx7turbo

Don't flame me! Any plans to develop some RX8 components?
« on: September 30, 2020, 03:17:43 PM »
I'm already a Ronin customer on my FC, and will likely be doing some Ronin stuff on my FD. Are there any plans to develop any RX8 swap components? Love it or hate it, the RX8 is a great chassis with a not so great engine. There is a company called Keisler Automation making GM LFX swap along with the Camaro rear differential. They produce a really nice CNC'd mounting bracket similar to what you're  doing on the FC diff swap for $1800 and includes the Camaro axles and the rear cover + mount along with the front mount. Just throwing it out there as I think the RX8 would be a more popular choice if the engine wasn't so terrible at making power and being reliable...
1986 RX7 - L92/T56 in progress
1989 RX7 - for sale!
1993 RX7 - waiting to be reborn
2006 Lexus GX470 For offroading
2010 RX8 - new DD
Past rides......
I don't really need them listed in my signature................

Offline frijolee

Re: Don't flame me! Any plans to develop some RX8 components?
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2020, 07:26:05 PM »
No worries!

We actually own an RX8 test mule but R&D has slowed down a bit with COVID and other priorities.  We do have an 8.8 available already.  https://www.roninspeedworks.net/index.php?route=product/product&path=70&product_id=97.

Making the grande 8.8 is a no brainer.  Engine mounting was in work but has paused.  Anything in particular you think we should look at?
LS2 stroker FC, Mandeville big brakes, widebody, etc
Build thread:  http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=1274.0
www.roninspeedworks.com

LargeOrangeFont says: "Joel is right, and I love Joel. But his car sounds like the wrath of God."   ;)

Offline onefastrx7turbo

Re: Don't flame me! Any plans to develop some RX8 components?
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2020, 01:06:35 PM »
Thanks Joel! I must have completely missed this on your site. I totally get the slow down with everything going on in the world. I've been researching possible engine swaps and the GM LFX is gaining in popularity on various platforms. 323hp and 278 ft/lbs is a nice option, especially when the engine only weighs 345lbs; only 79 lbs more than the renesis. I love what you guys are doing over there and you might be able to help save the RX8 by offering solid options to ditch the 13B and go another route.

thanks again, Joel!
1986 RX7 - L92/T56 in progress
1989 RX7 - for sale!
1993 RX7 - waiting to be reborn
2006 Lexus GX470 For offroading
2010 RX8 - new DD
Past rides......
I don't really need them listed in my signature................