November 23, 2020, 10:09:24 PM

Author Topic: 4 channel ABS  (Read 2628 times)

Offline paul_3rdgen

• Supporting Member
  • Launching!
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Re: 4 channel ABS
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2020, 01:01:40 PM »
How do you know?  I spoke with guys who specialize in the mk60 abs unit and they told me the Mazda sensors will not work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
93 RX7 R1 500rwhp
LS2, H/C combo... ARE drysump
Race Logic traction Control and 4 wheel Stoptech BBK
3.73 gears installed in the stock diff  :o

Offline Skeltic

« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2020, 02:34:22 PM »
if the mk60 unit can use Mazda sensors I would assume it uses the same signal as the 99 abs system. I I have both 99 abs and racelogic tc sharing the same Mazda sensors. For what it is worth
"You can sleep in your car, but you can't race your house."

Offline Exidous

« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2020, 04:56:33 PM »
It cannot use the Mazda sensors. The BMW are powered. Not VR like the stock Mazda ABS.
94 BB Sleeved gen IV LS7, MS3ProU with TC, RONIN 8.8 and LT's with custom 3.5"single to VAREX muffler.

Offline paul_3rdgen

• Supporting Member
  • Launching!
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 21, 2020, 05:07:35 PM »
New info, Mazda tone rings will work just fine!  And Iím starting to mount the pump.  I donít want to put it in the factory location, to much wiring over there as is and I donít care for all the lines running across the firewall. 

What do you think of this location?  Just put it there for reference.  The lines would run along the frame rail, only one would have to go to passenger side front. 

93 RX7 R1 500rwhp

Offline spacevomit

« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2020, 12:39:02 PM »
Rule of thumb is to move weight to the center of the car and low as possible. It's not optimal in terms of weight distribution to have it so far forward, but this is nitpicking and if it works I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Online wickedrx7

« Reply #65 on: November 22, 2020, 01:05:01 PM »
My only comment would be that you would need to run the lines and potentially wiring right next to headers. Not sure if I see the benefit over the stock location.

1993 Touring, 2012 L99, T-56, Ronnin 8.8, Ohlins, Speedhut, Samberg and lots of custom parts
Build Thread - http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=19354.0
Pictures - www.flikr.com/wickedrx7

Offline paul_3rdgen

• Supporting Member
  • Launching!
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: November 22, 2020, 04:58:08 PM »
So if I run it in stock location, you have two feed lines running to Abs pump, two rear lines and 1 front running back across firewall. 
Running it in my location, two lines running to pump, two lines running straight back along frame rail, 1 line to left front and 1 line across to right front.   Cleaner looking install.  Wiring, my main power is under my drivers side headlight, there is more space to run wiring along drivers side the. Passenger, because I have the engine harness, racelogic, and lingenfelter box on that side. 

I pretty sure that covers it. Does that make sense?

93 RX7 R1 500rwhp