November 26, 2020, 04:10:29 AM

Author Topic: 88 FC LS1  (Read 193 times)

Offline CHAWS14

88 FC LS1
« on: September 22, 2020, 08:03:54 PM »
Hi all,
I've been lurking for a few months and figured it's probably about time to post an intro. About me: I'm a college student in Electrical Engineering and this is only my second car, the first of which was a '70 Nova. With world events, my internship went remote so I was home where the tools and expertise were all summer. I was already in the market for a car (previously looking for a wrx) so when I came across a black 1988 RX-7 with no engine or transmission for $600, I knew the only sane choice was to buy it and drop in an LS. I was hoping to have it finished by the end of the summer, but unfortunately that didn't happen; in no small part because we already had a 10 year Jeep Wrangler crawler build in the finishing stages and a Land Rover Discovery II LS swap occurring at the same time. As it sits, she has an LS1/T56 from a 2001 Camaro installed on Ronin mounts, a 5-lug swap, and a Ronin 8.8 90% installed. The remaining big jobs I know of are finishing the diff, electrical, exhaust, and getting the engine running (finding and installing a radiator, plumbing everything, wiring it all up). Unfortunately, I had to go back to college so very little work is being done atm so she wont be done until I can get home and get to working on her again at the end of the semester.
Thanks for all the useful information on this site,
JD

Offline kinger

Re: 88 FC LS1
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2020, 12:27:57 PM »
Looking good.  What do you estimate your final budget and power levels to be at when its 'done'?
93 Touring, 6.3L, T56 Magnum, Mamo RPS BC2 clutch, FAST 90, NW 90TB TB, 8.8, samberg everything, AC, PS, TC, Cruise, LED Tails, HID head lights

Offline CHAWS14

Re: 88 FC LS1
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2020, 06:06:19 PM »
Thanks, ~$14k when "done" at ~350 at the flywheel - don't really want to be any higher than that on all season tires at this weight.