August 06, 2020, 08:14:15 AM

Author Topic: 1993 ls6 fd garage queen  (Read 4548 times)

Offline jefftopgun

1993 ls6 fd garage queen
« on: March 02, 2020, 01:24:59 AM »
Price: 20k
Trades:probably not

I'm going to go ahead and get this ball rolling, as I've talked about it for almost 2 years now.

I bought this from a member on here in Feb of 16.  Drove it back from Phoenix (got 25mpg at one point) and it has rarely moved since. I spent the March to June on a training deployment in western Europe, followed by 3 more deployments to iraq from Aug - March, and had my first of 3 knee surgeries shortly thereafter.  Round after round of physical therapy, my first child, and 11 months later my second, and now pending medical retirement from the military, it's time to focus on the family for the next few years. 

I have probably put around 3k miles on this, with the first 1700 being the drive home, and then probably 20-25 trips to work (roughly 50 miles round trip).  No out of town road trips, I think 4 or 5 joyrides through the country, and again, the 50 mile trips to work.
Oh, and 1 rolling burnout trying to straighten the flat spotted tires out, it didn't work.
I've fixed some wiring issues, tightened a lot of loose bolts, bought some interior pieces that were missing, and managed to sit on the gauge hood when I jumped in it to pull it out of the garage one day.  Also added some kicker component speakers and an incredibly old pioneer CD player.
I have a brand new turn one power steering pump with pulley, and a full set of speed hut gauges including GPS speedo and high beam/turn indicators built into the tach that have not been installed.

I'm going to copy and paste the original for sale specs, as I haven't changed hardly anything since purchasing the car.

Specs:
ENGINE
Engine setup has less than 1500 miles
2002 LS6
Comp Cam Ls1 3769R (small cam)
Ligenfelter Gen III Aluminum Racing Heads (#88958622)
New Waterpump
Modified Speartech Wiring Harness
Improved Racing Trap Door Road Racing Baffle
New Alternator
JTR 1 ¾” Longtube Headers
Samberg Radiator/ CAI setup
Samberg engine mount
Samberg bumpsteer kit

FUEL SETUP
Bosch 044 Fuel pump
High flow check valve
Aeromotive Fuel Filter 10micron
Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator
DRIVETRAIN
Tick Performance Level 2 T56 rebuild (Less than 200 miles on rebuild)
Spec Stage 3 Clutch
Hinson Driveshaft (Less than 200 miles on. Bought Brand new)
New SS Clutch line
New Wilwood Clutch Master cylinder
MGW Fbody shifter
MGW race knob
Flowmaster 3.5” Y collector
Flowmaster resonator
Greddy 3.5” Titanium Exhaust
3.5” all the way through

SUSPENSION
Stance GR+ Coilovers (10k/10k)
Improved Racing engine Strut Bar
Improved Racing Sway bar end Links front and rear
Rotary Performance rear trailing arms
Rotary Performance Rear toe links
Rotary Performance Solid Diff mounts/bushings
93 rear end with T2 limited slip Diff
Corner weighted and balanced 50/50
Weighed 2772 with Full tank and Me in it

INTERIOR
MOMO Race Steering Wheel
NRG Hub/ Quick Release
STRI Gauges (Water temp, oil temp, oil pressure)
EXTERIOR
Shine Auto Replica Rear Diffuser
Shine Auto Sidesteps
Shine Auto Feed Front Fenders (25mm)
Feed Front Bumper
Jspec Rear Tailights
Jspec Front turn signals
EVO R Sleek Headlight kits W HID Lights
Rear Fenders Pulled 1”
New Paint

WHEEL/TIRES
Forgestar F14 18x10 Front and Rear
Hankook Ventus V12 EVO (Less than 200 miles)
265/35/18 Front
295/30/18 Rear
Gorilla Lugs

The bad:

No air conditioning, no power steering. Speedo doesn't work. Dakota digital wired up, don't have time to figure it out correctly.  Interior is in good shape.  7/10. Some broken tabs.
Needs (at least in my opinion)
Tires (these tires I think are almost 12 years old by DOT numbers, still look brand new, but have flat spots from sitting)
Rear end has been making noise as long as I've had it, just a hum that increases with speed under load

So remember, add about 3k to any mileage listed above.  Anytime I've filled up I've added 5 gallons of 110 to make sure it maintains a 93+ octane rating.  Its had 3 oil changes since I purchased, running rotella t6 full synthetic.

Price wise I'm looking to get 20k out of the car.  They're only getting rarer with time, and I've got about 2000$ worth of parts between the gauges and PS pump/brackets, window switch, some interior parts, etc  Paid 22,500

If I was to keep it, it would get an 8.8 with 3.73s, ac and ps sorted, and a lot more cam.  All of this would push this to a 25-28k car IMO, with probably 2,5-3,5k in parts, I'll let the next owner make these decisions.

Working on getting photo size down to acceptable limits
« Last Edit: March 02, 2020, 04:46:49 PM by jefftopgun »

Offline stubbyfoil

• In The Bleach Box
  • Boosted burning tires
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Re: 1993 ls6 fd garage queen
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2020, 04:21:08 PM »
this car sounds sweet. more pics! interested!
::SOLD::
1992 RHD FD
Turbo LS2
700+WHP
10.6 @ 136mph.
:drive: :secret:

Offline jefftopgun

« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2020, 04:52:13 PM »
So adding pictures was a pain.  One at a time, kept telling me it was failing, but apparently worked.  Pictures are older, only change is from where the gauges came out, I'll get some interior pictures up.  Aftermarket senders still installed and I've got the gauges around here somewhere so prospective buyers can see oil pressure/water temp etc.  Also have a obd2 bluetooth link to check the rest of the obd2 available gauges with the 411 pcm.  Something like 100 different gauges there, again to allow prospective buyers to verify motor health.

On the schedule for cut buff and detail so more pics will be coming soon, just figured I'd throw the feeler out there.

Offline sofreshsoclean

« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2020, 08:42:44 PM »
Interested also. Although I've been looking for something more finished some more info and pics would be nice. Thanks

Offline jefftopgun

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2020, 07:54:08 AM »
To answer some questions, pics were uploaded to first post. More coming after cut and buff/detail.

Clean title, (in the mail lol, hadn't even thought about that, went ahead and paid it off this morning)

Clean carfax available upon request.

Car was originally a Jacksonville fl car, then it spent about 5 years in WI, then Arizona and to me in TN. 

Last reported mileage was 101k, if I remember correctly the factory cluster showed 122 when I pulled it out, have driven once since then.

I'm pretty sure the swap was done by the previous owner, not a shop, but cant guarentee that.  I've sorted some wiring issues (weird tie ins, loose connections etc, as well as some loose bolts/nuts, but nothing major at all). 

I know some people are searching for well sorted cars, it's just the higher the price goes, the more the perfect car has to meet the perfect buyer.  But my brain says I'm not sure if someone wants to pay 25k for an ls6 car, vs 30-35 for an ls3 erod swap.  Prices dont really change, and no one wants to lose money.  Parts for an 8.8 swap may run around 2500$ after purchasing kit, donor diff, locker, r&p, and then you have to make the decision, 3.55, 3.73, 4.10 etc.  Trying to leave this open so a buyer can spend the difference making this car THIER dream car vs settling or spending extra for stuff they don't want.
I know it sounds like a sales pitch, but I've come very close on several occasions to dragging it down to Hinson supercars (I've known lane for the better part of 2 decades) and handing him 5-10k to make it perfect, but it's hard to justify the money for something I rarely drive, and have no idea on when free time will allow more 'cruising' time.

Anything else I do the car, I'm going to expect to be compensated for labor, if purchased, you save that money if you do it yourself. 

When I bought the car, I wasnt really looking for a swapped car, I wanted to do it all myself because I don't trust people.  But I started adding up parts and cost, and realized i couldn't replicate this even unless I got the roller for free.  Would I buy the Samburg swap kit, he** no, not for price.  Or the over the radiator intake? He** no on what a 1600$ radiator/fan/ and intake, that's crazy.  But theres no way I could build a comparable car for the asking price, so I knew I might have to work through some smaller issues.

Enough rambling, just thought I'd get a lot of what would be discussed out of the way upfront and my logic on some things.

Jeff
256 6five 078nine

Offline jefftopgun

« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2020, 08:06:58 AM »
Carfax

Offline fspin720

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2020, 05:56:20 PM »
message sent

Offline nadeem

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2020, 10:27:16 PM »
Jeff,

If you're still having issues with posting pictures - You're welcome to e mail me as many pictures as you'd like.

I can post them up for you.

My e mail address is nadeemx3@hotmail.com

And if you'd like to call / text - My cell is 703-231-1606

Nadeem

Offline kinger

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2020, 09:55:45 AM »
Nice car and also a well written for sale ad for once! 
93 Touring, 6.3L, T56 Magnum, Mamo RPS BC2 clutch, FAST 90, NW 90TB TB, 8.8, samberg everything, AC, PS, TC, Cruise, LED Tails, HID head lights

Offline solorx7

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2020, 04:44:01 PM »
Hey Bud, I am in chattanooga TN, and I am intersted.

Offline jefftopgun

« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2020, 09:01:13 PM »
Still for sale.  Lockdowns and such = crazy.

Replying to PMs

Offline builtness

« Reply #11 on: May 23, 2020, 10:18:03 AM »
Interested, I pm’ed you!
1993 RX7 FD LS1

Offline Hurley

« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2020, 07:57:33 PM »
Holy. Cannoli.  I have pics from the 2016 sale of this car.  I haven't been on here in years...and the first post I come across is this one.  What. Are. Those. Odds.  Crazy.  I got out of the AF and am moving from AZ to GA right now.  Wish I was in a better spot to pick this thing up.  It's beautiful and a great looking example of a LS FD.

Offline Esser

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2020, 12:20:23 PM »
PM'd