December 15, 2019, 03:32:18 PM

Author Topic: Thinking and researching a move to the USA  (Read 488 times)

Offline Exidous

Re: Thinking and researching a move to the USA
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2019, 03:19:41 PM »
Iíll look into it.  Iím not a fan or want to be in an area that is prone to natural disasters.  Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Anywhere in Hawaii that isn't the Big Island. Ha
94 BB SBE LS1 Full Mamo top, MS3ProU with TC, RONIN 8.8 and another custom dual 2.5" stainless exhaust. Not too loud with the new resonators!

Offline freeskier7791

« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2019, 03:22:43 PM »
Iíll look into it.  Iím not a fan or want to be in an area that is prone to natural disasters.  Lol

Anywhere not on the coast of NC or SC has very little natural disasters, just bad thunderstorms.  Would never live in Florida lol, my parents are actually retiring to the coast of NC instead
https://www.youtube.com/thedriftingdad
1985 Mazda RX7 GSL Drift Car

CCVT

Offline cholmes

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2019, 09:05:24 PM »
I know Exidous said to skip the west entirely, but I really like living in north western Nevada (Reno area -- I live in Carson City, about 30 miles south). We do have snow in the winters, but winters are really pretty mild. No natural disasters to speak of, some earthquake risk.

Tons of outdoor activities, mountain biking, snow and water skiing, hiking, dirt bike / atv riding, and Lake Tahoe is 30 minutes away. No state income taxes, other taxes reasonable, and Bay Area of Northern Cali about 4 hours away. Track days at Thunder Hill are frequent and reasonable, about 4 hours away.

Construction jobs are booming in the Reno area, as well.

Offline Exidous

« Reply #18 on: November 26, 2019, 11:16:07 PM »
Nevada is still okay. I meant just those three states. Idaho is really nice too. Boise is an awesome City.
94 BB SBE LS1 Full Mamo top, MS3ProU with TC, RONIN 8.8 and another custom dual 2.5" stainless exhaust. Not too loud with the new resonators!

Offline Tomo

« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2019, 01:32:15 PM »
Having just visited Raleigh. It's pretty nice, old town america feel, but lots of tech industry stuff there too. Hdqtrs of IBM and some others. College town freshness with Duke and UNC right there.

Not sure where the most 'development' is right now, in terms of construction jobs. I see a lot of new buildings going up in central MD, but prices here are awful, and it's deceptively crowded too. DC/Baltimore Metro area has the same population (basically) as Chicago-land.

1990 RX-7 FC LS1 Swap
2016 Ford Mustang Ecoboost

Offline quinns

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2019, 11:00:04 PM »
You voted liberal didn't you  :poke:
1993 Rx-7 Base LS3 TR6060 Ronin 8.8
1997.5 Hummer H1
2006 Hummer H2 SUT

Offline paul_3rdgen

• Supporting Member
  • Launching!
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 01, 2019, 04:34:31 PM »
^ No sir!  Letís not start talking politics.  The current leader or leaders of the other parties all suck IMO.  Canada is a great country lead by morons.  Lol. 

93 RX7 R1 500rwhp
LS2, H/C combo... ARE drysump
Race Logic traction Control and 4 wheel Stoptech BBK
3.73 gears installed in the stock diff  :o