November 17, 2019, 04:29:37 AM

Author Topic: One more...for my US murder capital hometown  (Read 474 times)

Offline FourAces

One more...for my US murder capital hometown
« on: October 06, 2019, 08:07:27 PM »
This japan man car looks like a fish out of water in the US murder capital

I just want to ask the RX7 ppl here...you guys own a flagship car...I don't.

Could you ever foresee adding an SW20 to your garage? I've never owned a flagship 90s jap car, budget never allowed for it, so I just assumed once you get to that level, you're only looking for other flagship cars like Supras, NSXs, Skyline GTRs, RX7s, and (ugh) 3000gt vr-4s.

I mean we had a local, he had a clapped out GST eclipse back in the day. He got a Z06 brandnew, and he never went back to DSMs after that with seemingly no regrets.

Plus you guys are working with 3 2 liter mountain dew soda bottles for engines, I only have 1 2 liter mountain dew soda bottle for an engine, so even if my engine is built for Class A WRC and has a stock transmission built like a block of granite, it'd still be a downgrade compared to ur guys setups.

Im in kind of a sad pessimistic mood something happened on the homefront, ill get over it buy my autistic pessimism transfers over to postings here and social media.

Oh btw im kind of a weirdo, I was talking to another mr2 person i tell i dont really open up to people unless Im comfortable around them, such is the nature of autism, if I went to a car meet Id probably sit inside the car playing gran turismo on the playstation on the jvc 6.8 instead of socializing Im bad at socializing.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 08:14:39 PM by FourAces »

Offline staticx27

Re: One more...for my US murder capital hometown
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2019, 07:00:07 PM »
So, here’s the thing...

I don’t give a damn about owning a flagship car, I care about owning a car I love.

If I was in love with a DSM Eclipse, I wouldn’t give a damn about what other people thought about it.

I don’t like how the sw20 looks, but I can see why people love them, and wouldn’t disparage them, or someone’s love for them.

I would however look less favorably on someone who only collected a car for a notch in their belt, so to speak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline FourAces

Re: One more...for my US murder capital hometown
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2019, 01:57:06 PM »
One thing I like about my SW20...even laymen can know about MKIV Supras and Skylines.

The SW20 was more or less ignored, it really shouldn't have been though. But it was.

https://driving.ca/toyota/auto-news/news/30-years-later-the-toyota-mr2-is-still-an-unsung-marvel

This article talks about what I'm referring to.