August 25, 2019, 02:33:35 AM

Author Topic: T56 Clutch Slave Cylinder Options  (Read 155 times)

Offline PeakAlpha

T56 Clutch Slave Cylinder Options
« on: August 12, 2019, 11:45:52 PM »
Yo,

Quick question. I did a quick search and couldn't find an answer. Any difference in the various clutch slave brands? I am currently running the Dorman slave, and I have my tranny out so I will probably throw a new on on there for the hell of it. Any idea if there is any difference between the various brand names, or are they all pretty much the same? I will be using this for track duty, so I would rather have something that will handle the heat. If anybody has experience or informed opinions please let me know.

Thank you!

Offline largeorangefont

• Top Fuel
  • I steer with the gas pedal.
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Re: T56 Clutch Slave Cylinder Options
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2019, 12:10:17 AM »
Supposedly the actual GM part is the best one, not the AC Delco equivalent.

This is/was internet rumor and may not be true. I fell for it, bought the GM branded one and it has been working fine.
Quote from: cool
Sell it to spacevomit.  He'll finish it.

Offline PeakAlpha

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2019, 10:31:13 PM »
Supposedly the actual GM part is the best one, not the AC Delco equivalent.

This is/was internet rumor and may not be true. I fell for it, bought the GM branded one and it has been working fine.

Awesome thanks! Do you replace your slave every time you do a clutch?

Offline gnx7

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2019, 11:04:44 PM »
Replace pilot bearing (Fbody style) and slave every time you replace a clutch is the norm.  I've been selling LUK slaves for 14 years without issues.  In my findings once you release the pressure in the hydraulics if they are over a year or so old.... they don't seem to work as well and can fail.  Cheap enough to simply replace.
'93 FD: 441ci/AllPro LS7 heads/intake en route, T56 Mag, 8.8" IRS, HolleyHP, DavisTechTC 10.32@137mph cats/full exhaust. 165mph 1/2 mile (old LS7)
'93 FD LS9 turbo, T56 Mag, Samberg 8.8" solid axle, 9.35@163mph 197mph 1/2 mile
`69 Chevelle: alum 5.3, GTS76 turbo, ChiseledPerf A/W, T56 Magnum,Ford 35 spline 9".CTS-V interior http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=18234.0
old yellar....440rwhp/FD sold but not forgotten: http://www.ponycars.net/scc.htm
I sell new T56 Magnums/McLeod clutch/T56 rebuild kits/Holley EFI/FIC injectors and all BrianTooleyRacing parts.  norcalmotorsport@gmail.com

Offline PeakAlpha

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 10:37:50 PM »
Replace pilot bearing (Fbody style) and slave every time you replace a clutch is the norm.  I've been selling LUK slaves for 14 years without issues.  In my findings once you release the pressure in the hydraulics if they are over a year or so old.... they don't seem to work as well and can fail.  Cheap enough to simply replace.

Awesome, thanks guys!

Offline largeorangefont

• Top Fuel
  • I steer with the gas pedal.
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2019, 02:24:27 AM »
Yup replace it when doing the clutch.
Quote from: cool
Sell it to spacevomit.  He'll finish it.