July 19, 2019, 03:45:37 AM

Author Topic: Driving Coach Introduction  (Read 376 times)

Driving Coach Introduction
« on: April 27, 2019, 03:57:01 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm a driving coach based out of So-Cal and wanted to introduce myself. Have followed the forum for a while now and have always admired the builds in the classified section.

Hopefully at the end of the year I will be selling a daily driver to get back into a car that will double for street / track use. Was curious what other members thoughts are about how much $15,000 would get me on a typical build here.

The combination of an LS in an RX7 of any generation would be pretty cool to center a YouTube channel around as well as some of my writing assignments.

Ok guys, hope everyone is having a good weekend. See ya!  :drive:

Offline Exidous

Re: Driving Coach Introduction
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 10:37:53 PM »
Welcome

$15k will get you a running car that needs a lot of work. A sorted car is usually $20-25k minimum. The best examples are $35-40k. For an FD. FC's would fall into $15k well.

Patrick
94 BB SBE LS1 Full Mamo top, MS3ProU with TC, RONIN 8.8 and another custom dual 2.5" stainless exhaust. Too loud, need bigger muffler....

Offline staticx27

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 01:18:23 AM »
I think I spent almost 15k just on the engine, tranny and mounting hardware...

And tears are flowing again..  I think I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now when I think how the money is kinda disappearing from my wallet now...

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 04:55:56 AM »
When you say FC would fall into 15K do you mean for a sorted car? That would be a steal imo for something with an LS swap that is decent.

Offline Ruler_Mark

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 08:37:06 AM »
When you say FC would fall into 15K do you mean for a sorted car? That would be a steal imo for something with an LS swap that is decent.

you would be better off to build it yourself, FC ls swaps are just mounts whereas FD need a whole from subframe. 15g for an FC swapped car can take you really far especially if its going to be a track car.
93 Digicar
93 MB

Offline freeskier7791

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 10:23:48 AM »

you would be better off to build it yourself, FC ls swaps are just mounts whereas FD need a whole from subframe. 15g for an FC swapped car can take you really far especially if its going to be a track car.

This^^  While the FD probably is a better car, an FC can be made really really nice for $15k.  Also a build would be a great subject for a youtube channel.  I have seen FCs that are pretty nice sell for $10k, $5k could get you new nice coilovers and a set of new tires for the track.

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 09:12:56 PM »
Thanks for the information guys. 15k would be a fun build for a channel. I know a lot of people in the industry and would be capable of getting access to a proper shop to do a lot of the work myself.

My ideal build would be something around 2000 lbs with 380-440whp from an LS6 (easy and reliable).

I'm sure you can get lucky here and there and find something for a steal and I thank you guys for taking the time to reply.