July 12, 2020, 05:25:00 PM

Author Topic: Drew's 1993 Rx7/LS Turbo Build Thread  (Read 9154 times)

Offline Venom13132

• Staged
  • 95 RX-7 LS1 T56 FEED Widebody
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • Venom Speed Shop
Re: Drew's 1993 Rx7/LS Turbo Build Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 13, 2020, 11:30:40 AM »
nice   I saw your post on the facebook group.  I should be painting my engine bay in the next few months.
1995 RX-7 - LS1, T56: Feed wide body, Feed CF Side skirts, 57DR 18's, K-Sport coilovers, 99 spec\ tails and spoiler, SpeedHut, Aeromotive, TwinZ Diffuser
2000 Ford Excursion - V10 4x4 winter beater, pulls my 18' car hauler
2006 BMW 650i - 4.8l V8 6-Speed Manual - Daily Driver

Offline drewr4411

« Reply #61 on: January 13, 2020, 03:40:52 PM »
nice   I saw your post on the facebook group.  I should be painting my engine bay in the next few months.

Nice, its worth it man!
IG: awrperformance
YouTube: awrproductions

Offline drewr4411

« Reply #62 on: January 14, 2020, 10:58:35 AM »
Really enjoying this red paint, and it feels good to start bolting parts back on the car.

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #63 on: January 14, 2020, 09:29:15 PM »
Very nice looking paint in that bay.  Congrats. :bacon:
1995 FD, 7.0 Liter stroked LS3, T56, 8.8, Samberg kit.

Offline drewr4411

« Reply #64 on: January 20, 2020, 09:31:06 AM »
Update 1/20/20

Got a little done this weekend on the FD.
-Removed the OEM feed line, Charcoal canister, and fuel filter. Im planning to run dual fuel pump on a modify oem pump hanger -8an feed and stock return.
-Mounted my Rad and FMIC to start checking for fitment etc.

Should be mounting my subframe, steering racking his week. Along, with waiting on some more parts to arrive.

Offline drewr4411

« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2020, 05:26:10 PM »
Bought a cquartz ceramic coating kit, and some CarPro eraser.
Going to coat the engine bay before I put the motor back in.

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2020, 11:40:41 PM »

Be sure your paint is fully cured before coating.
New paint will release volatile compounds for quite some time, which can cause problems if trapped under a coating.

Offline drewr4411

« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2020, 11:09:18 AM »

Be sure your paint is fully cured before coating.
New paint will release volatile compounds for quite some time, which can cause problems if trapped under a coating.

Appreciate the thoughts. I talked to my painter before I bought the ceramic kit about the clear coat and being cured. He said I'm good to go.

Offline drewr4411

« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2020, 11:52:49 AM »
Small Update 2/19/2020

Not much going on, subframe is installed but that's about it. Now I am just slowly gathering parts for the chassis and the motor. 
-Pick up a carbon Techno R hood, should help with the turbo heat.
-Pinto bump steer kit arrived. Be installing that soon.
-Started working on the battery relocation to the bins. Need to decide on what sealed battery I want to run.

Offline Jakewah

« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2020, 12:52:10 PM »
Heads up, to get the best ground for the battery I suggest using one or both of the rear seat belt bolt holes in the side of the bin. The thread is standard, not metric. For a battery, make sure you use a sealed battery. Sheet metal battery hold down boxes can be found cheap and are stout: https://www.artecindustries.com/

Now is a good time to install a battery switch as well. Great for working on the car. I bought a high amp model for safety with a key as a theft deterrent: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fla-fr1009

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #70 on: February 19, 2020, 10:22:44 PM »
I've had great service from Odyssey batteries.  8)
Not so with Optima.  :banghead:

Offline drewr4411

« Reply #71 on: February 26, 2020, 09:30:15 AM »
Heads up, to get the best ground for the battery I suggest using one or both of the rear seat belt bolt holes in the side of the bin. The thread is standard, not metric. For a battery, make sure you use a sealed battery. Sheet metal battery hold down boxes can be found cheap and are stout: https://www.artecindustries.com/

Now is a good time to install a battery switch as well. Great for working on the car. I bought a high amp model for safety with a key as a theft deterrent: https://www.summitracing.com/parts/fla-fr1009

Yep, I plan to use a Sealed battery just not sure which brand I want. AMG, Optima, Braille, Odyssey etc. Tons of options.
And i plan to add a kill switch too. 

I've had great service from Odyssey batteries.  8)
Not so with Optima.  :banghead:

Yea funny you say that. I have one friend who has gone throught 4 Optima yellow/red top batteries; and another friend who has been on the same one for 4+ years. So im assuming its a hit or miss thing with that brand. I have had good luck with Odyssey in the past also, I just want a bettery big enough to start a LS1 every time....

Offline drewr4411

« Reply #72 on: February 26, 2020, 09:33:55 AM »
I have had zero motivation to work on the car lately, IDK if its just a life thing or its cause I know i have to spend XXX to finish it and I don't feel like dropping the funds right nw.  :rolleyes:

But in saying that, i have installed the steering rack with new superpro bushings. Now I just need to install the pinto bump steer kit.

Offline stubbyfoil

• In The Bleach Box
  • Boosted burning tires
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 27, 2020, 12:12:22 PM »
car looks great man. awesome progress so far! keep at it! it will be worth it and youll be completely satisfied once its in and running! buttoning up the little things and enojying the car is the most fun part! This weather hasnt been helping me with my motivation much either. Nights in the garage during winter SUCK! keep it up man!  :bacon:
::SOLD::
1992 RHD FD
Turbo LS2
700+WHP
10.6 @ 136mph.
:drive: :secret:

Offline drewr4411

« Reply #74 on: February 27, 2020, 03:01:55 PM »
car looks great man. awesome progress so far! keep at it! it will be worth it and youll be completely satisfied once its in and running! buttoning up the little things and enojying the car is the most fun part! This weather hasnt been helping me with my motivation much either. Nights in the garage during winter SUCK! keep it up man!  :bacon:

Appreciate the motivation man. I'll get back on it this weekend see how much I can knock out.