December 15, 2019, 03:32:42 PM

Author Topic: New Member with some swap questions  (Read 955 times)

Offline Cobranut

Re: New Member with some swap questions
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2019, 11:45:05 PM »
What DDV8 describes is very similar to my setup.  The stock hard line has an AN-6 adapter fitting attached, and AN -6 hose runs from there to the Corvette filter/regulator beside the clutch master cylinder, then another adapter to run AN -6 to the fuel rail.

I highly recommend sticking with AN fittings throughout your fuel system, for safety's sake. Fuel leaks and the resulting fire can be devastating and sometimes deadly.  :o
1995 FD, 7.0 Liter stroked LS3, T56, 8.8, Samberg kit.

Offline N3BP

« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2019, 08:55:30 PM »
Thanks for the reply fellows!  Greatly appreciated.  Per your advice, I'm going with an Earls 10 Micron setup that uses 6-ORB fittings.  So my latest revision for the feed line is:

5/16 hard line to 6AN adapter
30'' braided stainless line (-6AN to -6AN)
6AN to 6-ORB 90 deg elbow
Fuel Filter
6-ORB to 6AN to 90 deg elbow
short section of braided stainless line (-6AN to -6AN)
6AN to 6-ORB adapter into fuel pressure regulator.

Does this sound ok, or are there to many elbows for good pressure?  Due to limited space, I'm going to have to keep the return line rubber.  It's going to be too difficulty to try to get a AN adapter to the hardline.

Speaking of that Cobranut, when you put your hardline to 6AN adapter, did you use a small pipe cutting too to do it?  I assume the procedure is to cut it off right behind the first barb of the pipe?  There is still gas in the tank so I'm a little concerned about using a hacksaw to do it.

Thanks!!
Brandon

Offline DDv8

« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2019, 09:46:42 PM »
boy that fpr location is familiar

[ Guests cannot view attachments ]

I cut both lines about where the arrow is and hard lined up to the fpr.  I have a carb so 4psi across firewall to dead end at carb.

DD
86fc old school 327, T5, converting to 8.8 tbird

Offline N3BP

« Reply #18 on: December 02, 2019, 08:37:15 PM »
Nice clean setup DD!  I was toying around with the regulator at a few different locations, but every time I came back to that location due to the pre-threaded holes.  Plus it makes sense given where the feed/return lines are and fuel rail.

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2019, 10:06:07 PM »
I didn't do the swap on my car, but if you're going to flare the hard line for the AN adaptor, yes a small tubing cutter will ensure a nice square cut.  Be sure to deburr before flaring.

AN elbows are usually pretty good as far as flow.  The best way is to use 90 degree hose ends which have a larger radius than the elbows.

The return line from the regulator back to the tank will have little pressure, so rubber line and hose clamps should be fine there.

Glad you decided to go this route. 8) I'd hate to see anyone hurt, or their project go up in flames after all the hard work.
1995 FD, 7.0 Liter stroked LS3, T56, 8.8, Samberg kit.