May 19, 2019, 06:20:53 PM

Author Topic: We're getting trolled by the Leader of the Rotard Clan  (Read 1518 times)

Offline babillaracing

Re: We're getting trolled by the Leader of the Rotard Clan
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2019, 11:45:41 AM »
i just wasted 25 min of my life watching this guy

Offline frijolee

« Reply #16 on: March 08, 2019, 01:34:21 PM »
This thread has taught me that I am definitely not keeping up with the YouTube car world...

+1 but I'm making lists now.  Thanks y'all.
LS2 stroker FC, Mandeville big brakes, widebody, etc
Build thread:  http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=1274.0
www.roninspeedworks.com

LargeOrangeFont says: "Joel is right, and I love Joel. But his car sounds like the wrath of God."   ;)

Online MPbdy

« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2019, 02:38:09 PM »
Surprised none of you watch Cleetus.  I don't watch any other channels really except his.  I absolutely love the Leroy videos.  Helped get me through last year of having a broken car and not racing myself lol.

Those guys have managed to get to trending youtube top 10 on new video launches which is absolutely amazing for a car channel about racing, tuning and building cars.

Offline Bowtie7

« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2019, 09:21:46 PM »
I've never watched any of this stuff. Maybe I need to do a channel of my own and show what it takes to do it right. Nobody cares enough about details which drives me crazy and makes me dig in my heels even more.
Mazcare build #10 1988 FC LS2 power now with Ronin Exploder diff setup

Offline wickedrx7

« Reply #19 on: March 08, 2019, 10:07:42 PM »
I've never watched any of this stuff. Maybe I need to do a channel of my own and show what it takes to do it right. Nobody cares enough about details which drives me crazy and makes me dig in my heels even more.

Bad obsession Motorsports cares. Trust me.

1993 Touring, 2012 L99, T-56, Ronnin 8.8, Ohlins, Speedhut, Samberg and lots of custom parts
Build Thread - http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=19354.0
Pictures - www.flikr.com/wickedrx7

Offline Exidous

« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2019, 01:55:00 AM »
Love This Old Tony. His random dad jokes are on point.

I've watched a couple of the Cletus videos. Not quite my cup o tea. A few are interesting but most are just too much "patriotism". Feels like they are using patriotism to get clicks. I know he's really a patriotic guy it's just too over the top for me.

MUST WATCH BOM of you haven't already. Every single episode. I genuinely envy someone discovering the channel these days. 20+ episodes of amazing.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2019, 02:00:40 AM by Exidous »
94 BB SBE LS1 Full Mamo top, MS3ProU with TC, RONIN 8.8 and another custom dual 2.5" stainless exhaust. Too loud, need bigger muffler....

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2019, 12:58:53 PM »
Bad Obsession cares more than I do.    And Iím literally OCD.   Clinically.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish

Offline sciff5

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2019, 08:13:35 AM »
Cant watch bad obsession in detail, it seems like they go out of their way to make things more detailed and difficult than it needs to be.
I do watch Cleetus a lot and his channel's amazing. What he's done with leroy in the past 2 years and his channel is really pure genius.

I was wondering how he would top that build but he's deff going to with the jet car project.

Offline freeskier7791

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2019, 08:53:10 AM »
Cant watch bad obsession in detail, it seems like they go out of their way to make things more detailed and difficult than it needs to be.
I do watch Cleetus a lot and his channel's amazing. What he's done with leroy in the past 2 years and his channel is really pure genius.

I was wondering how he would top that build but he's deff going to with the jet car project.

I remember bad obsession mentioning that they are going out of their way to do complicated things just to showcase their abilities and give others ideas on how to solve problems.

I remember watching 1320 videos of Texas 2K street racing haha, way before Cletus.

Offline staticx27

« Reply #24 on: March 11, 2019, 07:21:03 PM »
If you guys haven't seen it, you should check out 3d_magic_mike's instagram.  While I love the stuff Bad Obsession is doing, I really love the innovation on Mike's build.  I was absolutely blown away by him 3d printing a die for stamping sheet metal.  I saw that and shouted out "THIS IS GENIUS!!!"

Offline gnx7

« Reply #25 on: March 11, 2019, 07:48:12 PM »
I haven't had cable in 15 years.... but then again I was working for the first .com companies in my mid 20's haha.  I watch a few of these shows like Tavarish and Rob Dahm....  It's just entertainment and my kind of REALITY TV!

There is some stat I read that every 1,000,000 views these guys are making $6-7K/mo.... which doesn't include all the free crap they are getting.  Cleetus McFarland makes 2-3 videos per week and each one gets 750,000 views+.  Let's say 8 videos on average per month.... x 750K view= $36-42K per month income!  That is some loot!!!!  Plus all his toys are writeoffs.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 07:56:15 PM by gnx7 »
'93 FD: 441ci/AllPro LS7 heads/intake en route, T56 Mag, 8.8" IRS, HolleyHP, DavisTechTC 10.32@137mph cats/full exhaust. 165mph 1/2 mile (old LS7)
'93 FD LS9 turbo, T56 Mag, Samberg 8.8" solid axle, 9.35@163mph 197mph 1/2 mile
`69 Chevelle: alum 5.3, GTS76 turbo, ChiseledPerf A/W, T56 Magnum,Ford 35 spline 9".CTS-V interior http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=18234.0
old yellar....440rwhp/FD sold but not forgotten: http://www.ponycars.net/scc.htm
I sell new T56 Magnums/McLeod clutch/T56 rebuild kits/Holley EFI/FIC injectors and all BrianTooleyRacing parts.  norcalmotorsport@gmail.com

Offline wickedrx7

« Reply #26 on: March 11, 2019, 08:33:10 PM »
I haven't had cable in 15 years.... but then again I was working for the first .com companies in my mid 20's haha.  I watch a few of these shows like Tavarish and Rob Dahm....  It's just entertainment and my kind of REALITY TV!

There is some stat I read that every 1,000,000 views these guys are making $6-7K/mo.... which doesn't include all the free crap they are getting.  Cleetus McFarland makes 2-3 videos per week and each one gets 750,000 views+.  Let's say 8 videos on average per month.... x 750K view= $36-42K per month income!  That is some loot!!!!  Plus all his toys are writeoffs.

Fucking hell. Iím doing this life thing all wrong.

1993 Touring, 2012 L99, T-56, Ronnin 8.8, Ohlins, Speedhut, Samberg and lots of custom parts

Offline Exidous

« Reply #27 on: March 11, 2019, 09:07:57 PM »
I'd hate to see his 1040. All those sponsorship type items count as income.
94 BB SBE LS1 Full Mamo top, MS3ProU with TC, RONIN 8.8 and another custom dual 2.5" stainless exhaust. Too loud, need bigger muffler....

Offline freeskier7791

« Reply #28 on: March 12, 2019, 07:44:40 AM »
If you guys haven't seen it, you should check out 3d_magic_mike's instagram.  While I love the stuff Bad Obsession is doing, I really love the innovation on Mike's build.  I was absolutely blown away by him 3d printing a die for stamping sheet metal.  I saw that and shouted out "THIS IS GENIUS!!!"

Yea I like his stuff too.  Working at one of the best hot rod shops in the country has its perks!

Offline wickedrx7

« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2019, 10:38:25 PM »
Been watching Tavaris and I like him.  I've been rolling though his shows in the garage while working on projects.  Watched some Cletus episodes and liked it at first and then he started to really get on my nerves so I'm kinda done with him.  I'll probably catch a few episodes here and there.  B is for build is decent too but I got kinda bored with him as well.   

Still, non of them compare to BOM.  While they go overboard, I feel like I learn things from them and they do a good job explaining why they do what they do, no matter how over the top it is.