May 19, 2019, 08:02:16 PM

Author Topic: Improved Racing V8 Swap Strut Tower Bar Group Buy Pre-Orders  (Read 790 times)

Offline paul_3rdgen

• Supporting Member
  • Launching!
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Re: Improved Racing V8 Swap Strut Tower Bar Group Buy Pre-Orders
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2019, 12:26:41 PM »
Yes, Iím running the stock hood.   Would you know how much interference there is with the fast 102? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
93 RX7 R1 500rwhp
LS2, H/C combo... ARE drysump
Race Logic traction Control and 4 wheel Stoptech BBK
3.73 gears installed in the stock diff  :o

Offline ImprovedRacing

« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2019, 12:45:41 PM »
Yes, Iím running the stock hood.   Would you know how much interference there is with the fast 102? 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't really know. I just know the feedback from customers is that it doesn't fit. I haven't heard of anyone modifying it to make it fit. If you raise the bar, it will rub on the hood. So you would need to grind down the bottom of the bar, which would compromise it's strength and effectiveness.
Michael

Improved Racing Products
Tel (407) 705-3054

Offline Exidous

« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2019, 12:19:15 AM »
I sent this to Michael. That's about .91" at the back inline with the rear bolt of the strut tower(that's where the back of the bar sits. It's a fast102. Gonna bite the bullet and try it out.

I can always notch my AC bracket a hair and shave the front motor mounts. :-p
« Last Edit: March 14, 2019, 12:25:36 AM by Exidous »
94 BB SBE LS1 Full Mamo top, MS3ProU with TC, RONIN 8.8 and another custom dual 2.5" stainless exhaust. Too loud, need bigger muffler....

Offline ImprovedRacing

« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2019, 06:08:08 PM »
Hey guys,

Just wanted to post an update. This redesign was delayed a little while we tried to sort out some design considerations, but we finally have this done. The new design features a much improved brace that will work with the 929 master cylinder and features a lockscrew that allows you to preload the brace against the master cylinder to maximize brake feel. It's also stronger and easier to adjust. We were able to do this without increasing the cost as well!

Attached are some renders of the updated design. The "Improved Racing" text will be replaced with our logo, of course, or a custom text if you request it in your pre-order. The deadline for pre-orders is now Friday, May 10th. Any special request must be submitted by then in a pre-order. After that, only black bars with the LHD brace and our logo engraved on it will be available and in stock.

Also, any plain aluminum orders will be clear anodized to prevent oxidation, instead of just plain aluminum.

Sorry again for the delay, but we really think everyone will be really happy with this new design!
Michael

Improved Racing Products
Tel (407) 705-3054

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #19 on: May 08, 2019, 09:58:26 AM »
Looks great Michael!    Glad you are still continuing to improve this setup.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish