September 15, 2019, 03:56:17 PM

Author Topic: New Noob Here  (Read 801 times)

Offline kevinshvac

New Noob Here
« on: January 18, 2019, 04:32:52 PM »
Good afternoon guys. My name is Kevin. I purchased a 1992 RHD from a guy that had is imported last June. I have big plans for this guy and was sent here by the folks at Ronin in hopes for help to get this thing done.

For starters the car has already been back halved and Strange 4 linked with a narrowed 9". It can house a 29x16 wheel. I have so far ordered a Dart LS Next 427 from Thompsons Motor sports and it will have twin 76mm turbos stuffed in it. Car will be ran on meth.

What I am trying to figure out is what I need to do to make this work. I am about to buy the samburg/ronin subframe. What do I need to do if anything for the rack/pinion? What about a tubular front end as well to make a little more room for things?

Offline kevinshvac

Re: New Noob Here
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2019, 04:34:58 PM »
Here are a few more pics. Not the actual rims that will be on it. Those were just for mock up.

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2019, 07:17:13 PM »
Honestly I'd go tubular for the front end for your goals.    Looks like a great start!
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish

Offline kevinshvac

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2019, 04:41:13 PM »
Honestly I'd go tubular for the front end for your goals.    Looks like a great start!

Thanks, that is what I think I will do to give me the maximum amount of space.

Offline JustJewIt

« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2019, 02:18:29 PM »
Man I'm jealous of that 4 link setup. Ideal for the track. I up vote the tubular front end. It'll make maintenance a lot easier and free up some room. Looking forward to seeing your build unfold.

Do you plan on street driving the car at all? Or just a track queen?
ROTORLS

Offline freeskier7791

« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2019, 08:28:36 PM »
If you want to go depowered rack grannas racing makes a nice one I think.  There was actually one for sale on her for a while.  What pan will you be running?  Dry sump?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk