March 23, 2019, 12:26:46 PM

Author Topic: Custom window glass lexan  (Read 386 times)

Offline darthmayndawg

Custom window glass lexan
« on: December 09, 2018, 06:11:32 AM »
Show me your custom windows !

Has anyone made Lexan windows or sliding Lexan windows for their FC or anything ...previous owner cut doors out and left windows in and with the electrical all cut up. So I either get new doors and get new paint (which I don't want, I like the paint) OR
I thought make sliding Lexan windows and epoxy in some metal guides where the windows usually rolls up from..

Online danny33

Re: Custom window glass lexan
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2018, 11:27:49 AM »
if you do go the lexan route it would probably be easiest to run the bubbletech as they seem to be high quality and come with sliders/an abrasion resistant coating. http://www.bubbletech.us/parts-folder/lexan-windows-a7e87

Offline darthmayndawg

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2018, 01:39:55 AM »
Wow, thanks for your quick response. They are pricey but seems like a lot of time saved in the end. $250/side

Offline neil_se

« Reply #3 on: December 12, 2018, 07:12:43 AM »
I made a set for my FD. They're just affixed around the outside with sliders both sides.

Offline darthmayndawg

« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2018, 04:45:46 AM »
Thanks...

When I said sliders I meant ones I've seen where the whole window is a two piece and the front half slides horizontally backward to open ventilation ...

But thanks for pics.. I'm assuming it's same price as aftermarket having made them at home.