December 13, 2018, 01:10:26 AM

Author Topic: FC plug and play harness mod  (Read 5916 times)

Offline Pez

FC plug and play harness mod
« on: September 10, 2010, 02:20:36 PM »
After the forum move a few months ago and quite a few new FC orders, I realized that I had not posted any pics/info on the FC/FD harness mods that I've been doing for the last 3 years.

What I do is incorporate some Mazda connectors into your GM harness, so that when you get it back, all you have to do is connect 4 wires, run your battery cable, connect your fuel line, and your car will be ready to crank.  The 4 wires that you'll need to connect are all in the passenger side footwell, where I bring them out of the GM harness, so hook up takes seconds.

All relays, less fuel pump, are included with standard relay sockets, for easy servicing.

What is included
  • All unneeded connectors are removed and wires completely minded from the harness (for those of us in states that don't require emissions testing)
  • New 10ga starter wire dressed in to all access at the Mazda OEM starter wire location
  • New heat wrap, where needed
  • AC Request reverse polarity relay and new AC compressor clutch relay with AC clutch status circuit incorporated (if keeping AC)
  • Relocation of GM AC pressure sensor for easy access to new lines
  • Incorporation of X15 and X16 to reuse the Mazda PCM power circuits along with some gauge controls
  • Incorporation of engine harness connectors to plug in to the front harness, under your brake booster
  • Since the FC didn't have electric radiator fans, new 50A fan relays will be included to be connected by your engine fuse box, standard relay sockets used
  • OBD2 port provided and installed
  • PCM flashing is an additional option that will make your fuel injection system complete and ready to crank
  • Windshield wiper circuit will be incorporated into the harness, just like Mazda did, so you'll only have one group of harness loom going through your passenger side firewall

A few pics
AC request, AC clutch, X15, X16, and OBD2 port connected
[ Guests cannot view attachments ]
4 wires that will need to be connected to your dash harness
New starter wire with new heat protection.  Also notice that oil level switch connector has been deleted, as it is not used in these swaps.

You will need to provide your GM harness with your Mazda's engine and emissions harness, or just some of the Mazda connectors.  PM if you need info on which ones.  Availible harness/engines: LS1, LM7, LQ4/9, L33, L92, LS2, L35, L36.

$350
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:47:50 PM by Pez »
FC/FD plug and play wiring harnesses, LSx swap AC systems, LSx swap power steering lines.

speedparts.biz

Re: FC plug and play harness mod
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2010, 12:33:07 AM »
Hey Pez . I would like to get an engine harness like this for my fc with ls1 t56 swap. Let me know when I can order the motor and new tranny mount and order up one of these harnesses at the same time.

Offline Pez

« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2010, 01:46:11 PM »
Hey Pez . I would like to get an engine harness like this for my fc with ls1 t56 swap. Let me know when I can order the motor and new tranny mount and order up one of these harnesses at the same time.

Do you want a harness, or a harness mod?  I'm currently getting tooled up to build LS harnesses from scratch.  Placed an order this week for enough crap to make 5+ harnesses.  We'll see how they work out.  I'll keep you posted on the tranny mount.  I'll put my helper back on it this week.  He's been working on the design, but I had to pull him off the mount project this past week.
FC/FD plug and play wiring harnesses, LSx swap AC systems, LSx swap power steering lines.

Offline Project10AE

• Supporting Member
  • Pre-Staging
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2010, 10:05:42 PM »
Any idea on pricing for those of us that might be thinking about starting wiring soon and might decide to hold out for this?
2012 Mazdaspeed3 - some mods  :drive:
1988 Mazda RX-7 10AE - basketcase :scratch:

Offline Pez

« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2010, 10:32:47 PM »
Probably starting at $550, and going up, depending on options.

speedparts.biz

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2010, 01:42:20 AM »
I might be interested in a race style harness that hooks up to a switch panel? Otherwise I might just get my harness modified by you instead. Let us know when you have the first run of tranny mounts ready please.

Offline Andrew R

• Supporting Member
  • Launching!
  • Superunnatural
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2010, 11:16:12 AM »
Great price for a huge amount of labor...  I modded my own harness and it was time consuming to say the least.

ttv8rx7

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2010, 12:35:09 PM »
im looking for a harness. i have a 2000 5.3 from a yukon with the 4l60e. i have the complete engine harness and ecm. im not going to keep a/c or power steering. and the car no longer has the factory ecm but all the wiring is there. what would it cost to incorperate both harnesses and do any programing to the GM ecm that is needed such as vats removale and so on? the car is an 88 TII

Offline nothix

• In The Bleach Box
  • 87 FC LS1 Project
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 30, 2010, 06:36:18 PM »
I'd be interested in buying a complete harness from you also.
LS1 -> FC with AC
2007 Nissan 350z | 1989 Nissan 240sx | 1987 Mazda RX-7

Offline Pez

« Reply #9 on: December 30, 2010, 08:29:31 PM »
Sure, PM me with some details when you're ready.  Thanks.

Offline therotaryrocket

• Pre-Staging
  • Love your life
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2011, 02:51:34 AM »
You don't have the LT1 listed on here? Do you do the LT1 to FC mods? I wish I would've seen this before I started messing around with the harness. Would have made things sooooo much easier.
1987 Mazda RX-7 Turbo II powered by a 1994 Camaro LT1 and T56. :)

Offline lm38330

• Staged
  • 91 S5 Coupe,hope it goes V8
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2011, 03:00:13 AM »
How long is the wait for a plug and play harness Greg? Also are you still doing AC kits for FCs? What does your AC kit include?  I know your quite busy most of the time. I'll be in the market for these very soon.

Thanks
S4 FC LS1/T-56-Gone but not forgotten

91 Coupe RX7-Hoping to get back in the game soon.

DD-2005 Altima SE-R 3.5VQ/6speed-350Z slayer :drive:

Offline rx075

« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2012, 05:22:51 PM »
So I am not ready yet but can you mod a aus ls1 harness to fit a rhd jdm fc? :popcorn:

Offline iceman26xx

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2012, 01:23:56 AM »
How much to order a harness from scratch? How long will it take I have a 94 rx7 stick, with a 02 ls1 t56 thank you for any help you can provide.