October 22, 2019, 03:58:58 PM

Author Topic: Driving Coach Introduction  (Read 730 times)

Driving Coach Introduction
« on: April 27, 2019, 03:57:01 PM »
Hey guys,

I'm a driving coach based out of So-Cal and wanted to introduce myself. Have followed the forum for a while now and have always admired the builds in the classified section.

Hopefully at the end of the year I will be selling a daily driver to get back into a car that will double for street / track use. Was curious what other members thoughts are about how much $15,000 would get me on a typical build here.

The combination of an LS in an RX7 of any generation would be pretty cool to center a YouTube channel around as well as some of my writing assignments.

Ok guys, hope everyone is having a good weekend. See ya!  :drive:

Offline Exidous

Re: Driving Coach Introduction
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2019, 10:37:53 PM »
Welcome

$15k will get you a running car that needs a lot of work. A sorted car is usually $20-25k minimum. The best examples are $35-40k. For an FD. FC's would fall into $15k well.

Patrick
94 BB SBE LS1 Full Mamo top, MS3ProU with TC, RONIN 8.8 and another custom dual 2.5" stainless exhaust. Not too loud with the new resonators!

Offline staticx27

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 01:18:23 AM »
I think I spent almost 15k just on the engine, tranny and mounting hardware...

And tears are flowing again..  I think I'm gonna go cry myself to sleep now when I think how the money is kinda disappearing from my wallet now...

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 04:55:56 AM »
When you say FC would fall into 15K do you mean for a sorted car? That would be a steal imo for something with an LS swap that is decent.

Offline Ruler_Mark

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2019, 08:37:06 AM »
When you say FC would fall into 15K do you mean for a sorted car? That would be a steal imo for something with an LS swap that is decent.

you would be better off to build it yourself, FC ls swaps are just mounts whereas FD need a whole from subframe. 15g for an FC swapped car can take you really far especially if its going to be a track car.
93 Digicar
93 MB

Offline freeskier7791

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 10:23:48 AM »

you would be better off to build it yourself, FC ls swaps are just mounts whereas FD need a whole from subframe. 15g for an FC swapped car can take you really far especially if its going to be a track car.

This^^  While the FD probably is a better car, an FC can be made really really nice for $15k.  Also a build would be a great subject for a youtube channel.  I have seen FCs that are pretty nice sell for $10k, $5k could get you new nice coilovers and a set of new tires for the track.
https://www.youtube.com/thedriftingdad
1985 Mazda RX7 GSL Drift Car

CCVT

« Reply #6 on: April 30, 2019, 09:12:56 PM »
Thanks for the information guys. 15k would be a fun build for a channel. I know a lot of people in the industry and would be capable of getting access to a proper shop to do a lot of the work myself.

My ideal build would be something around 2000 lbs with 380-440whp from an LS6 (easy and reliable).

I'm sure you can get lucky here and there and find something for a steal and I thank you guys for taking the time to reply.