November 15, 2018, 05:43:00 PM

Author Topic: FD front swaybar  (Read 213 times)

Offline TrackRat

FD front swaybar
« on: September 03, 2018, 12:43:02 PM »
Does anyone know of a hollow front swaybar that is bigger than stock? Something around 32mm or 1 1/4" My car oversteers with the stock 1993 bars.

Offline Exidous

Re: FD front swaybar
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2018, 10:02:25 AM »
If the car oversteers you need more rear traction not less front traction. Body roll is generally a good thing in the rx7.

I had to remove my front sway bar to get rid of my understeer.

Generally speaking, understeer is a front traction issue. Oversteer is a rear traction issue.

Additionally rear downforce can create understeer and front downforce can create oversteer.

Tripoint used to make one. Not sure if they still do. There are some really nice ones out there.
94 BB SBE LS1 Full Mamo top, MS3ProU with TC, RONIN 8.8 and another custom dual 2.5" stainless exhaust. Too loud, need bigger muffler....

Offline TrackRat

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 09:29:46 PM »
By adding more front roll stiffness the rear does stick better. You had understeer and you reduced front stiffness to correct it. I have oversteer and I want to increase roll stiffness in front to correct it but I don't want to go to a heavy solid bar in front.

Offline spacevomit

« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 09:34:02 PM »
If you use delrin bushings you wont need as much bar. Maybe try that first.

Offline 4packet

« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2018, 12:52:33 PM »
Tanabe is hollow if still available. That's what I run, but assuming your spring rates are sensible the 93 bars are pretty good. I run a Racing Beat rear (hollow) to balance it.

You may have another issue. I started out thinking I needed to shift roll stiffness, but changing some bushes and giving it some toe in at the rear made all the difference.