October 18, 2018, 09:00:22 PM

Author Topic: Ls1 cluster "issues"  (Read 166 times)

Offline Norotor94

Ls1 cluster "issues"
« on: August 08, 2018, 08:03:01 PM »
I have a decent understanding of electronics and how they work but I'm no electrical engineer and I've never messed with clusters before, so I was wondering if someone with more knowledge than me could help me out.

I'm running an 04 gto pcm and Dakota digital module for reference.

The first issue I've been having is an intermittent issue with my tach where it will drop to 0 at idle then pop right back up to 1k where it should be. My cluster lights will also dim at night when I hit the brakes and whenever the turn signals are blinking, and return to normal when I'm off the brakes/ turn signal is clicked off. My third issue is that my odometer reads 25% or so on the high side even though my speedo is only off by ~1-2% from my 265 rear's. I'm about to pull my cluster to fix the spring for the trip reset button since it resets itself every time I start the car, so I figured I might as well make a day out of it and fix everything I can while its out.

If anyone has any advice on where to start with the diagnosis of all those things it would be much appreciated!

Offline jwvand02

Re: Ls1 cluster "issues"
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2018, 02:25:49 PM »
Not sure about your odo, but everything else sounds like it's a bad ground.