October 23, 2018, 02:52:46 PM

Author Topic: Stand alone AC wiring harness (GenIII PCM only)  (Read 7876 times)

Offline Pez

Stand alone AC wiring harness (GenIII PCM only)
« on: September 08, 2010, 02:54:50 PM »
For those of you who want AC in your ride and have the lines already made, or having us make your lines for you, but don't feel like rewiring your AC circuits, here's a plug-and-play option for ya.  This will get your AC working using the GM PCM for engine and compressor control.  Those of you who don't know the advantages of using the GM PCM, it's worth it, definitely.

AC sensor and compressor wiring along with the compressor relay and AC request reverse-polarity relay.  Wiring subharness includes PCM terminals to connect directly to your PCM along with relays and mountable relay sockets.  Relays use standard 5 terminal mini and micro relay sockets that can be bought anywhere, if servicing is needed.

$75 shipped.
FC/FD plug and play wiring harnesses, LSx swap AC systems, LSx swap power steering lines.

Offline hayabusa

Re: Stand alone AC wiring harness (GenIII PCM only)
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 12:22:41 AM »
making one for the 04 gto pcm?

Offline Pez

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 12:30:36 AM »
I can, but it won't have GM PCM control over the compressor.  It will have PCM control over the fans (turn the fans on when you turn the AC on) and PCM control over the idle (PCM will raise the idle accordingly to compensate for the additional load of the compressor).  You can get some compressor protection by including an RPM window into your relay control.  I can supply one and make it up as part of the harness if you like.  Window switchs range from $50-150, depending on how snazzy you want it.
FC/FD plug and play wiring harnesses, LSx swap AC systems, LSx swap power steering lines.

Offline bosscobra

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 12:33:16 AM »
just for clarification, what pcm is this for? 05-06 gto>?

Offline Pez

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 12:36:34 AM »
This one is for 98-02 F, and 04 GTO.  Hence the GenIII PCM in the title.

05-06 GTOs had AC controlled by the BCM.  Most people are just running the AC request button to an RPM window, then to an AC relay, to control their AC.

Offline southside427

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 04:08:00 PM »
will this work in perfect harmony with your new plug and play harness for the ls1? so once everything is hooked up, then just hitting the ac button on the front panel(logicon) will engage the compressor and turn the fan/fans on?

Offline Pez

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2010, 04:38:31 PM »
If I mod your harness for plug and play, you won't need this. I incorporate these circuits into your harness as part of my service. So, a better statement would be is if you get my harness mod and my AC kit, add the components listed in my AC thread, add freon, push the button and you're chillin. I incorporate fan control with the harness as well.

Offline southside427

« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2010, 11:42:06 AM »
oops,i meant the new fbody to stand alone harness,will it work with that cause im pretty sure thats what ill be buying from you,thanx for your quick replys

Offline Pez

« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2010, 12:22:15 PM »
The F body stand alone harness will not need this as all of these circuits are already in the stock harness.  The stand alone rebuilds the AC circuits that were left in your donor car.  With the stand alone, you will need to install an AC request polarity change relay for your car as the RX7s do not deliver the same AC request signal as the GM PCM needs.

05_Raven

« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2011, 08:13:51 PM »
Sent you a PM regarding a harness.

Offline 93silverbullet

• Supporting Member
  • Launching!
  • Faster than a speeding ticket...
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2011, 10:04:20 PM »
Very nice Greg!
Richard.

Offline priceless

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 07:47:00 PM »
Sent you a PM regarding a harness. Got the lines just need a new drier and harness.
Thanks.
2005 Mercedes E320 CDI
2005 Subaru Baja
1993 Mazda RX7 (sold) :(

Offline hayabusa

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2012, 10:26:41 PM »
this is for a 04 gto pcm right?

ausamov

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 02:12:30 PM »
For those of you who want AC in your ride and have the lines already made, or having us make your lines for you, but don't feel like rewiring your AC circuits, here's a plug-and-play option for ya.  This will get your AC working using the GM PCM for engine and compressor control.  Those of you who don't know the advantages of using the GM PCM, it's worth it, definitely.

AC sensor and compressor wiring along with the compressor relay and AC request reverse-polarity relay.  Wiring subharness includes PCM terminals to connect directly to your PCM along with relays and mountable relay sockets.  Relays use standard 5 terminal mini and micro relay sockets that can be bought anywhere, if servicing is needed.

$75 shipped.

Could you please pro ide me with email or phone contact...

Offline Donthitme

« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 12:25:17 PM »
I can, but it won't have GM PCM control over the compressor.  It will have PCM control over the fans (turn the fans on when you turn the AC on) and PCM control over the idle (PCM will raise the idle accordingly to compensate for the additional load of the compressor).  You can get some compressor protection by including an RPM window into your relay control.  I can supply one and make it up as part of the harness if you like.  Window switchs range from $50-150, depending on how snazzy you want it.

Greg,

Will this work as the compressor switch protection you are talking about. It's inexpensive and looks "snazzy".  :)

http://www.jegs.com/i/JEGS%20Performance%20Products/555/40824/10002/-1?CT=999

PS:Your website is nice.