December 13, 2018, 12:47:48 AM

Author Topic: FC "Mandeville" Big Brake Kit  (Read 19049 times)

Offline burtoncr

Re: FC "Mandeville" Big Brake Kit - group buy
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2010, 05:15:54 PM »
Any idea on how those measurements compare to the FD?

Offline frijolee

« Reply #31 on: December 17, 2010, 05:56:55 PM »
I need to take the measurements but by eyeball it looks like the FD's rotor looks quite a bit more offset so although the calipers can be swapped back and forth it's unlikely that the same replacement rotor will be able to be used.
LS2 stroker FC, Mandeville big brakes, widebody, etc
Build thread:  http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=1274.0
www.roninspeedworks.com

LargeOrangeFont says: "Joel is right, and I love Joel. But his car sounds like the wrath of God."   ;)

Offline DeaconBlue

« Reply #32 on: December 26, 2010, 06:03:33 PM »
Joel,

Did you do any weight comparisions between the 1-pcs 350Z rotor and those 2-pcs rotor that you are using now?  I just wanted to know how much unsprun weigth you trimmed off each front corner.

Thanks!

Offline DeaconBlue

« Reply #33 on: December 27, 2010, 11:53:47 AM »
Sorry, nevermind - I found the info in your build thread here;

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=1274.msg14225.html#msg14225

Thanks again.

Offline frijolee

« Reply #34 on: December 28, 2010, 09:08:14 PM »
Glad you found it.  Yes, the two piece option saves about 4 lbs on each front corner.

-Joel
www.roninspeedworks.com

LargeOrangeFont says: "Joel is right, and I love Joel. But his car sounds like the wrath of God."   ;)

Offline burtoncr

« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2011, 10:35:31 AM »
Any progress on the FD kit? Need a nice set to build up for pics? (I have a nice disassembled set powdercoated red with white letters)

Offline frijolee

« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2011, 03:59:57 PM »
Burton,

Might take you up on the hot looking rotor offer.  We're still in R&D on the FD Mandeville.  Unfortantely we've found that the biggest difference is that the FD knuckle has a dramatically different mounting point (it's not flat on both sides like the FC's).  That makes our mounting bracket sustantially more complex.

I have a good concept in place to address it but right now the FC diff project is eating up most of my free time. 
www.roninspeedworks.com

Offline DeaconBlue

« Reply #37 on: February 19, 2011, 01:45:17 PM »
Glad you found it.  Yes, the two piece option saves about 4 lbs on each front corner.

-Joel

I just got the 2-pcs StopTech rotors with slotted rings.  Dead stock - the hub bore not opened up to 3.0625" these rotors weigh in at 17.9lbs each.  Very nice but a tad on the expensive side even when purchased off eBay with a "make an offer" price.

Offline burtoncr

« Reply #38 on: April 12, 2011, 08:54:11 PM »
Any progress? :lurk:

Offline frijolee

« Reply #39 on: April 14, 2011, 04:34:53 PM »
Sorry nothing of consequence to report as of yet...
www.roninspeedworks.com

Offline scuter83

« Reply #40 on: August 01, 2011, 08:56:02 AM »
So in another brake thread, I think I heard mention of a group buy/discount do to you getting your LLC status?  if so, when is that going to happen.  I am getting ready for brakes soon, haha

Offline willcoop

Re: FC "Mandeville" Big Brake Kit
« Reply #41 on: August 31, 2011, 10:18:35 PM »
Is there any FC rear big brake alternative to the Corksport kit? I like the kit except for that it uses JDM FD rotors which are hard to find and only come in blanks for $295 (quoted from Corksport).

Offline frijolee

« Reply #42 on: September 01, 2011, 01:30:07 PM »
The easiest option is to run an adjustable prop valve.  Beside's cork sport there are no other current options for upsizing the rears.  We made a test version for a few users but I was never 100% happy with it and I dropped back to stock rears myself.  The entire cork sport kit is currently $334, so I assume $295 is for a pair of rotors.  That's honestly not too bad when you consider the customization costs associated with the alternatives.

You could look into what it would take to make the rear racing brake FD kit work with an FC but you're likely looking at a custom hat minimum to make it work.
www.roninspeedworks.com

Offline scuter83

« Reply #43 on: September 01, 2011, 02:55:11 PM »
So I got my kit in the mail and am looking to get started on this.  One question for those of you who have taken the calipers apart, is there any aluminum used throughout??  I ask, because I want to soak mine in Purple Power (works wonders), but that stuff eats aluminum.

Thanks,
Scott

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #44 on: September 01, 2011, 03:18:58 PM »
The calipers are cast in aluminum...
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2013 Focus ST3 - Stage 1 BPU