March 22, 2019, 08:56:11 PM

Author Topic: For the love of all things, someone help  (Read 1350 times)

Offline FNG_865

For the love of all things, someone help
« on: August 01, 2017, 09:38:19 PM »
Hey guys, I'm new (Or not even in yet) the norotor world! Im looking at buying a '94 LS2 swapped FD.
I've had cars of all kinds, and always wanted an FD. So this looks like my chance. Buttttt......

I have a few questions.

A.) Whats it worth? Roughly?
B.) There's some question as to whether its actually an LS2, can anyone tell? (MOST IMPORTANT TO ME)
C.) What's your opinion on the build?

Thanks for any input everyone! Hopefully this works out, and I can get this thing! :D

**Not mentioned in ad, body as about 103k miles. Unsure on drivetrain, but its low.

"
1994 Pearl White
LS2/T56 swap with nice components built by Speed One(specialty LS swap shop). 
Clean title
Rust and accident free
Unbelievable condition for the car
Incredibly fast
ICE COLD AC,
Power steering,
Power brakes
Painted 99 pearl white (code 17w) in early 2014

Samberg subframe

Samberg trans mount
Samberg diff mount
Samberg radiator/fans (car NEVER overheats)
Authentic BBS LM 3-piece wheels (F:18x8 40mm R:18x9 40mm) $6k
Dunlop Direzza tires (F:235/40/18 R: 265/35/18)
Ohlins DFV coilovers $3k

Rotary Extreme trailing arms& toe links
Improved racing front strut tower brace
Sake Bomb Projector HIDs
Stainless braided brake lines all 4 corners
Summit Fuel Regulator/gauge,
Walbro 255 in tank pump
Stainless long tube headers into Y-pipe through a SS silencer finished by a Blitz NUR Spec stainless Cat back. (collectors V-banded) car sounds amazing,
Driveshaft shop aluminum custom balanced driveshaft
Custom harness (forget which brand, PCM is in passenger floor location)
Oil cooler utilized with big AN braided lines and XRP fittings
Oil baffle in pan
Dakota digital speedo module
Dakota digital tach module
Momo Steering wheel (alcantra)
NRG hub with lock & keys
MGW short throw shifter (can't recall what knob off-hand)
Optima yellow top in passenger bin 99 spec front bumper and lip Rear bumper & 99 spec tailights
Efini Badges front and rear windows tinted Side marker lights mounted on fenders Shaved antenna (xm satellite antenna on roof)
NRG hood struts
Exterior is also a 9 of 10 as you can see (couple very small spots were touched up).  Car was originally a brilliant black but car was torn down for paint, door and trunk jams painted pearl white (my favorite color on an RX7 personally).
Fenders cut/rolled and done right.  Antenna shaved. 
Windows tinted professionally.
Interior very nice looking.
New mats, carpet, and many replaced interior parts due to age.
All trunk pieces present(missing the little quarter sized sunroof manual open cover and the passenger door kick plate has broken tabs)
Gauges are real nice, especially at night with white LED dash instrument lighting 
Stock Gauges all work,
Speedometer calibrated perfectly for wheels/tires. 
Oil pressure,temp, gas gauge all work
Custom HVAC knobs. 
The Pioneer Windows APP radio double din radio."

Offline frijolee

Re: For the love of all things, someone help
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2017, 11:07:56 PM »
Accessory set and intake manifold make me think it's an 04 LS1 GTO.

That's definitely a GTO power steering reservoir.  Believe only the 04 was a cable throttle body, while the 05 and 06 LS2 GTO's were drive by wire.   It also appears to be an LS6 intake manifold (which came on the LS1 GTO)...  LS2 intake manifolds are a bit flatter on the top of each runner and the transition from the throttle body is different.  Here's the LS2 GTO for comparison.

That's not definitive, as accessories can be swapped around but it sure looks like an 04 GTO to me...

Overall, it has some really nice parts so it's worth a decent chunk regardless of LS1 vs. LS2.  Clean wiring is always what makes me trust that the rest of the build is nicely done as well.  See if the sell will send you a pic of the ECU with the carpet pulled back.

Given the fresh paint, Samberg bits, AC, and serious suspension, I'd ballpark it at $27k.  The wheels are nice but old school so used they're not worth nearly the 6k the seller references...  If I were the seller I'd be asking $32k and working my way down from there.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 11:18:46 PM by frijolee »
LS2 stroker FC, Mandeville big brakes, widebody, etc
Build thread:  http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=1274.0
www.roninspeedworks.com

LargeOrangeFont says: "Joel is right, and I love Joel. But his car sounds like the wrath of God."   ;)

Offline flattop

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2017, 11:59:00 PM »

Offline frijolee

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2017, 01:45:36 AM »
Looks like the car in this thread

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=25237.msg319489#msg319489

HA! Damn, looks like I called on the 04 GTO LS1 and the asking price...
LS2 stroker FC, Mandeville big brakes, widebody, etc
Build thread:  http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=1274.0
www.roninspeedworks.com

LargeOrangeFont says: "Joel is right, and I love Joel. But his car sounds like the wrath of God."   ;)

Offline gkp

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2017, 08:18:02 AM »
I would generally agree with frijolee. I have a 94FD/LS2 and I see a lot of cues that confirm it's as advertised. I'd also agree on the price range being in the $25-30k range.

Offline 65imp

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2017, 12:49:32 PM »
I think every swapped RX7 buyer should ask for a picture of the pcm mounted and associated wiring in that area.  That one picture, or that one view before purchase will tell you 5-10k worth of info. 
absolute power corrupts absolutely  :yay:
93 FD widebody - destroked
69 Suburban - positive manifold pressure
65 Impala - 5.7
59 cad  - WIP
53 spartan - shed status

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2017, 04:12:58 PM »
I think every swapped RX7 buyer should ask for a picture of the pcm mounted and associated wiring in that area.  That one picture, or that one view before purchase will tell you 5-10k worth of info.

^ This ^
1995 FD, 7.0 Liter stroked LS3, T56, 8.8, Samberg kit.

Offline kinger

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 12:42:51 PM »

Explain?   :)

93 Touring, 6.2L, 415/425 Whp/Wtq, 8.8, samberg everything, AC, PS, TC, Cruise, LED Tails, HID head lights, immaculate interior and paint.

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 04:03:43 PM »
The neatness and thoroughness of the ECU wiring and it's mounting is apparently an area that some builders take shortcuts on.

My car was an example of this, as it was a virtual rats nest at first glance.  The ECU wasn't even mounted, just covered up by the floor mat, and the wiring looked a mess, even though most everything did function, with the exception of the reverse lockout and the backup lights.
Also, the battery was just loose in the bin.   :confused:

Another scary thing I found was a badly kinked hard line on the rear brakes, apparently caused by a CV joint that had exploded sometime in the past.   :o

If someone takes shortcuts in these areas, it makes me wonder what other substandard work was done as well.
I've been over my car pretty thoroughly, and fixed any safety/reliability issues, but there are a lot of areas I plan to clean up in the future, when I strip it down for an engine rebuild and repaint.
1995 FD, 7.0 Liter stroked LS3, T56, 8.8, Samberg kit.

Offline SH4DY

• Supporting Member
  • Staged
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2017, 04:32:57 PM »
This is ChuckLee's old car. He's a good dude - definitely not someone that would take short cuts from what I could tell in my dealings with him.
PM him.