September 15, 2019, 03:56:00 PM

Author Topic: LRB Undertray with samberg kit  (Read 1515 times)

Offline fastfalcon94

LRB Undertray with samberg kit
« on: July 25, 2017, 09:06:10 AM »
Just in case anyone didn't see this on the fb page. I bought the LRB undertray that is meant for the rotary subframe and I'll be modifying it to fit my Samberg setup. I documented the current fitment issues here:

http://802projects.com/blog/lrbundertray/lrbundertray.php

Some pics:

I was thinking of making these cuts to get it to fit. However now I think I may make some kind of mounting bracket that comes off the power steering bolts. That way if I ever have to remove the undertray I don't need to undo the ps bolts every time.

Offline kinger

Re: LRB Undertray with samberg kit
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 10:18:04 AM »
Thanks for sharing!  Never heard of this company before. 
93 Touring, 6.2L, T56 Magnum, Mamo RPS BC2 clutch, 8.8, samberg everything, AC, PS, TC, Cruise, LED Tails, HID head lights

Offline fastfalcon94

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 09:28:37 AM »
I was able to make it work creating some simple aluminum brackets for the rear. I made a youtube video afterwards.

And here are the brackets I made:

Offline kinger

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 10:47:07 AM »
Very cool thank you for posting, I may add this just to tighten up my 99 spec bumper. 
93 Touring, 6.2L, T56 Magnum, Mamo RPS BC2 clutch, 8.8, samberg everything, AC, PS, TC, Cruise, LED Tails, HID head lights

Offline sk8rtilldie

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 12:07:45 PM »
This thread should be a sticky!! Thanks for sharing it!

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 08:16:52 PM »
Please post pics with the tray installed.

Thanks,
David
1995 FD, 7.0 Liter stroked LS3, T56, 8.8, Samberg kit.

Offline kinger

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 10:58:12 AM »
Is LRB using yours to make up ones that will work with the Samberg kit no mods?  I thought I saw that on FB or something. 

Offline fastfalcon94

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2017, 11:34:37 AM »
Is LRB using yours to make up ones that will work with the Samberg kit no mods?  I thought I saw that on FB or something.

Yeah I am not sure. I sent them detailed pics, and took measurements on the spacers and where I drilled holes in the back. I haven't heard back from him. The only thing I didn't measure up was the aluminum adapter thing I made. But in the email that I could make another one and mail it to him as a template.... This is the email I sent. I had communicated several times with him before using the same email as well:

"Hey,

I got you some measurements of where I drilled holes in the splitter. Basically I cut the back sides off right where you had the long slit to make them bendable. This left 2 triangle points off the back. I cut those points off as well flush with the back edge. From there the side holes were 3 inches from the back and 5 1/4 inches from the side. You had mentioned making it an elongated hole. For the side pieces I put 6 stainless steel washers under the front. I measured the stack and it was 6mm tall. The only thing I don't have measurements of is the rear brackets I made. I'll be stripping the car down in a few weeks as it will be going in for paint. I can take some better measurements then. I could also make another bracket and mail you one if you would like. Also even with the front dipped down because of the side brackets, I still was able to use the front middle holes without spacers. The front holes on the very edges I added a little nylon spacer. I think the aluminum could also bend up slightly on the edges and it wouldn't be needed. Watch the video at the bottom of this page to get a better idea.

http://802projects.com/blog/lrbundertray/lrbundertray.php"

Hopefully he will do something to offer a kit as samberg stuff is pretty popular. I'd like to get a new passenger side piece without the giant slot in it for rotary oil lines. Worst case though I could weld something over it.

- Charlie