July 16, 2019, 04:14:07 AM

Author Topic: Finally Got A New Toy To Replace The RX7  (Read 24673 times)

Offline freeskier7791

Re: Finally Got A New Toy To Replace The RX7
« Reply #390 on: July 10, 2019, 07:21:45 AM »
wow, you're crazy if you sell the car after this!!

I could see myself selling it. It's taken this long just to get it the right color and while I know it's a Lotus... it's been VERY LOTUS'Y
So if it keeps up the constant antics I will likely get rid of it. My hope is that I can stop putting money into it for a while and enjoy it. It is a very fun car when it's running well.

I'd imagine so.  I know my friend likes his, but he doesn't drive it much.  With that new paint I bet you would sell it very very quickly

Offline sciff5

« Reply #391 on: July 11, 2019, 12:17:29 AM »
Got the car today.
And it even started first time and drove on and off the trailer, which was shockingly undramatic for this car. They're still finishing the doors but loading and unloading the car without the doors on it, kinda made me want to drive it doorless A LOT more often. Felt more like a T-REX which was cool.

Paint job overall looks pretty flawless. I've been studying paint now for 2 years and did the whole first round of prep and learned a lot. This paint job was done well and it shows. And the color is more gold than I thought it'd be. I'm still processing it and everything's still too much in limbo but I think when it's all together it's going to look amazing.
Some preiminary shots, and a quick video from my painter, but his camera I noticed washes out the color. It's darker than this in person:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lz_QJtR7Egk&feature=youtu.be

Here's the one shot my buddy took of the car on his iphone and it better shows the color. (Don't mind my ride on lawn mower battery bungee corded to the top of the engine.)

Offline radiomike

• Supporting Member
  • Staged
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 11, 2019, 05:26:21 AM »

I could see myself selling it. It's taken this long just to get it the right color and while I know it's a Lotus... it's been VERY LOTUS'Y
So if it keeps up the constant antics I will likely get rid of it. My hope is that I can stop putting money into it for a while and enjoy it. It is a very fun car when it's running well.

I assume you know why Colin Chapman called the company Lotus?

Offline freeskier7791

« Reply #393 on: July 11, 2019, 02:42:14 PM »
that looks awesome!

Offline spacevomit

« Reply #394 on: July 15, 2019, 10:05:59 AM »
Beautiful.

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #395 on: July 15, 2019, 10:22:48 AM »
Absolutely fantastic.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish

Offline sciff5

« Reply #396 on: July 15, 2019, 09:30:57 PM »

I assume you know why Colin Chapman called the company Lotus?

Lots Of Trouble Usually Serious?

BTW I'm getting there. The only technical challenge is disecting the wiring harness for the stereo system.
Going to pull the thermostat tomorrow, it was sticking closed at times last year
Put some last peices of trim on the car and then I'm going to lower it about half an inch, and if I have time, put a straight pipe on it for lawls.,