March 22, 2019, 08:55:27 PM

Author Topic: 5.0 swap kits  (Read 670 times)

Offline Jason11

5.0 swap kits
« on: May 13, 2017, 01:50:36 AM »
Alright, trying to find a 5.0 swap kit for my 89 n/a rx7.. I was going to get the grannys one, but just seeing if any other places I can contact or possibly someone have one for sale. Heard good and bad things about grannys.. also there kit you have to mount the motor farther foward because the oil pump, and that it's to close to the stearing rack.

Offline SLACer

• Supporting Member
  • In The Bleach Box
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Re: 5.0 swap kits
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2017, 01:02:42 PM »
I did the (89) 5.0 Swap with the Grannys kit and the motor sat too high and too far forward for my liking. I just sold my whole swap to another member here. I would go LS1, the motor will fit a lot better in there, just cost a little more. I don't know how the newer 5.0 from the 94 fits but that might be better than the 89 5.0 I had. Granny's in the only place I know of that makes the 5.0 kits and sometimes they are a pain is the ass to get a hold of. When I first did my swap about 10 years ago, the transmission cross member was wrong and they sent me another one that fit better but they put the mount holes in the wrong location so I had to re drill them my self.