October 13, 2019, 04:18:53 PM

Author Topic: goods parts but bad service. Wont order again  (Read 2311 times)

Offline ls325ci

goods parts but bad service. Wont order again
« on: January 13, 2017, 03:04:25 AM »
I dont normally review company but this caused a big inconvenient. Specially since I was in a time crunch on this project that it got on my nerves. So heres my rant. IF i had no time frame i dont think it would have bothered me. But lets get real here everyone is busy and we all have a schedule to keep.

Basically I wanted a custom length driveshaft with 4l80e yoke and stock fd flange.
I was originally going to go locally but decided to give these guys a try since Ive read that they use a beefier rx7 flange and i dont have to supply anything.(everything will be new)

I originally placed an order for a steel driveshaft, 1 hour later i remembered that i meant to ask about aluminum pricing. I called him back and he said he hasnt started the order yet and will change the order to aluminum. so thats cool.

Now this was on 12/22/2016 so Yea i know its a holiday and i didnt expect them to work on it till the following week,
Brian says just that, since its a holiday they wont be able to get this thing shipped out(where he said i would get tracking confirmation) until Tuesday 12/27 and it will take about a week to get to me.

Which to me is perfect as it would arrived by the weekend after the new years.(this is the last weekend i would have off) so I would be able to set the whole driveterrain, and finish the major stuff so that all i would have left would be the little things. Which i can do here and there when i can spare a couple of hours to work on the car.

Then I received an invoice which they charged me shipping, when their website says free shipping on orders over $350.
I emailed back about it and they said that ONLY apply to ONLINE orders...
clearly it doesnt say that on their website otherwise i would have just sent an email and ordered it that way lol

But its done deal so i didnt care I was more interested in getting the driveshaft.

A whole week past and nothing, I emailed asking if the item was shipped as i was still waiting for tracking and i said i was told it would ship on Tuesday.

I get a respond saying that they supposedly sent me an email saying that their fab shop is closed until jan. 3rd

funny. I thought Brian was one of the main guys there and he doesnt know that his fab shop is closed and giving me his words that it would ship next week when he knows dam well it wont even be open until the week after.

then another email comes in asking me information about the 4l80e... So now i really know they didnt even touch my order until then.

and of course takes a few more days to get the DS out (in which passes my last weekend off for a few months and here we are. )

lesson learned here:

always ask about the FINE print on their promo  :poke:
and expect delay from this company

other than that the driveshaft looks great, although i was a bit surprise to see the yoke that they sent was about 1" shorter than stock...  :scratch:

Offline ls3_rob

Re: goods parts but bad service. Wont order again
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2017, 10:35:00 AM »
typical hinson
07 tl type s daily
93 rx7 ls3

Offline UH-60Pilot

• Staged
  • Porsche forums Suck
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2017, 10:06:57 PM »
There's so many places to buy driveshafts. Hinson would be last on my list. Someday they will run out of customers and disappear.
1993 FD Touring, LQ9 Stroker W/T56 Magnum, 513WHP, Ronin 8.8 3.31 gears with trac-loc. Tuned by ShorTuning.
2013 Toyota Sienna, mods include 2 child seats.
2004 Honda Accord EX V6Sedan
2006 Porsche Cayman S, stock.

Offline frijolee

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2017, 11:08:18 PM »
Brian isn't just one of the guys, he is the guy...  It's Brian HINSON.

+1 for typical

+1 for odd choice to buy a driveshaft from in the first place.  These things aren't one size fit's all.   Someone like Frank over at the Driveshaft Shop would talk you through u-joint size, material, and wall thickness for your intended application.
LS2 stroker FC, Mandeville big brakes, widebody, etc
Build thread:  http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=1274.0
www.roninspeedworks.com

LargeOrangeFont says: "Joel is right, and I love Joel. But his car sounds like the wrath of God."   ;)

Offline wickedrx7

« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2017, 12:54:59 AM »
Hinson's customer served has been questionable since they first release their FD swap kit.

1993 Touring, 2012 L99, T-56, Ronnin 8.8, Ohlins, Speedhut, Samberg and lots of custom parts
Build Thread - http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=19354.0
Pictures - www.flikr.com/wickedrx7

Offline ls325ci

« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2017, 05:11:27 AM »
Brian isn't just one of the guys, he is the guy...  It's Brian HINSON.

+1 for typical

+1 for odd choice to buy a driveshaft from in the first place.  These things aren't one size fit's all.   Someone like Frank over at the Driveshaft Shop would talk you through u-joint size, material, and wall thickness for your intended application.

thats good to know ill keep driveshaft shop in mind next time. I usually get these things done locally but for some odd reason I was quoted a lot more than usual, I actually only intended to get a quote just to get an base idea vs locally where i supply the yoke and what not.

But he gave me a pretty good price and considering the time frame i have when he told me he will have it out by the following week I figured why not.

Ive dealt with plenty of forum sponsor and was extremely surprised that he makes empty promise like that.

at this point im just hoping that the Driveshaft is as good as it looks whenever i get around to mounting it lol

Offline gnx7

« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2017, 02:01:42 AM »
Hinson has been bending people over since the start with how he runs his business.  How in the world people still order from them and their poor fitting parts (that they refuse to modify in a newer run to actually work out of the box: turbo kit, trans mount, headers, clutch master clocking bracket, etc),  providing fake shipping labels that don't mean anything as many times it wouldn't ship when they said it did (this happened to tons of people).... time and time again is a miracle.  This is now going on 13 years that the RX-7 products they manufacture/sell are bottom of the barrel and don't fit or work well.

Have you not read the dozens of threads in this section stating that you should use them as a last resort if you actually want a thing called quality service before... during... and after the sale?
'93 FD: 441ci/AllPro LS7 heads/intake en route, T56 Mag, 8.8" IRS, HolleyHP, DavisTechTC 10.32@137mph cats/full exhaust. 165mph 1/2 mile (old LS7)
'93 FD LS9 turbo, T56 Mag, Samberg 8.8" solid axle, 9.35@163mph 197mph 1/2 mile
`69 Chevelle: alum 5.3, GTS76 turbo, ChiseledPerf A/W, T56 Magnum,Ford 35 spline 9".CTS-V interior http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=18234.0
old yellar....440rwhp/FD sold but not forgotten: http://www.ponycars.net/scc.htm
I sell new T56 Magnums/McLeod clutch/T56 rebuild kits/Holley EFI/FIC injectors and all BrianTooleyRacing parts.  norcalmotorsport@gmail.com

Offline ls325ci

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2017, 10:16:10 AM »
Hinson has been bending people over since the start with how he runs his business.  How in the world people still order from them and their poor fitting parts (that they refuse to modify in a newer run to actually work out of the box: turbo kit, trans mount, headers, clutch master clocking bracket, etc),  providing fake shipping labels that don't mean anything as many times it wouldn't ship when they said it did (this happened to tons of people).... time and time again is a miracle.  This is now going on 13 years that the RX-7 products they manufacture/sell are bottom of the barrel and don't fit or work well.

Have you not read the dozens of threads in this section stating that you should use them as a last resort if you actually want a thing called quality service before... during... and after the sale?

probably the same way i ordered. Without doing research on a company. If it was mounting kit or a turbo kit i would have for sure put in the time but since my project is actually only rx7 suspension the only thing i needed was DS made.

their name unfortunately is familiar to me since i frequent over at ls1tech. Hinsons reputation there isnt bad/horrible enough for me to have ran into any member review. But again ive never did a research on them.

on a side note. I just looked over your chevelle build  :secret:
neat idea with the ctsv seats I may have to give that a try and see if I can make that fit in my project.
thanks

Offline gnx7

« Reply #8 on: March 16, 2017, 03:24:06 AM »
Hinson's customer served has been questionable since they first release their FD swap kit.

Hits nail on the head!  Penciltucky way of doing business
'93 FD: 441ci/AllPro LS7 heads/intake en route, T56 Mag, 8.8" IRS, HolleyHP, DavisTechTC 10.32@137mph cats/full exhaust. 165mph 1/2 mile (old LS7)
'93 FD LS9 turbo, T56 Mag, Samberg 8.8" solid axle, 9.35@163mph 197mph 1/2 mile
`69 Chevelle: alum 5.3, GTS76 turbo, ChiseledPerf A/W, T56 Magnum,Ford 35 spline 9".CTS-V interior http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=18234.0
old yellar....440rwhp/FD sold but not forgotten: http://www.ponycars.net/scc.htm
I sell new T56 Magnums/McLeod clutch/T56 rebuild kits/Holley EFI/FIC injectors and all BrianTooleyRacing parts.  norcalmotorsport@gmail.com