October 18, 2018, 04:14:19 AM

Author Topic: Thank you Joel  (Read 1735 times)

Offline SH4DY

• Supporting Member
  • Staged
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
Thank you Joel
« on: August 01, 2016, 02:54:06 PM »
I just wanted to thank Joel publicly for how he handled a situation last week. I said something in passing when placing an order that came off as kind of dick-ish (not meaning to) and instead of telling me to go pound sand (which would have been appropriate), Joel actually took the time to address the issue. I don't know if it gets any better than that from a customer service stand point.

Thanks again Joel!  :cheers:

Offline wickedrx7

Re: Thank you Joel
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2016, 03:00:11 PM »
Don't lie, Joel's a dick.  :D

1993 Touring, 2012 L99, T-56, Ronnin 8.8, Ohlins, Speedhut, Samberg and lots of custom parts
Build Thread - http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=19354.0
Pictures - www.flikr.com/wickedrx7

Offline frijolee

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2016, 03:28:39 PM »
I just wanted to thank Joel publicly for how he handled a situation last week. I said something in passing when placing an order that came off as kind of dick-ish (not meaning to) and instead of telling me to go pound sand (which would have been appropriate), Joel actually took the time to address the issue. I don't know if it gets any better than that from a customer service stand point.

Thanks again Joel!  :cheers:

No worries, you raised a concern, I did my best to explain why we had things set up like we do.  We've answered stranger...   

Don't lie, Joel's a dick.  :D

Musta' had a had a good morning with Mrs. Payne or something...   :secret:

LS2 stroker FC, Mandeville big brakes, widebody, etc
Build thread:  http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=1274.0
www.roninspeedworks.com

LargeOrangeFont says: "Joel is right, and I love Joel. But his car sounds like the wrath of God."   ;)

Offline frijolee

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2016, 03:43:28 PM »
For your entertainment, here's a gent I felt like I was a dick to...  (been a while and no names to protect this innocent but I swear he still needed to hear this!!!!)

My bad i didne realize there was more to ur email...... lol........   your kit is very well prices for what you guys are selling n will be buying it this weekend when i get back to town either way.  I am rebuilding my car up for this years following pro am events in drifting and have blown up to many stock n/a diffs. Have been on the fence on doing a turboii rearend or 8.8; i am tired of changing rearend n stub shafts due to braking and will be putting plenty of abuse to you kit.. i know you have already done lots and lots of r&d over the years. But i was wondering if you guys would be interested in sponsoring my build; get my your name out there more as i know a few people that are in the boat as me with the rearend. Now im not asking to get the kit for free or anything like that.... as i like to have the fulfillment on having built my car wi th t   my own money. But i think it could help get your name out there in an industry where abuse is our key points; and be a testament to how well ur kit is build and durability. Either way thank you for your time and consideration in advance. Hope you have a great labor day weekend.

To which I replied:

We're not looking to sponsor any cars at this time.  The simple fact is that our limited marketing dollars goes into supporting forums and that's how folks find us, we have yet to find that sponsor cars (any cars, not just yours) drives more business than it costs.

That said, at the risk of alienating you, I'd like to offer you an honest piece of advise.  If you're seeking sponsorship you need to put together an actual proposal.  Effectively, you need to demonstrate what can you offer the business you're approaching and what credentials you have.  If you're trying to sell yourself it should be more about what you can do for me in order to justify what it is that you're asking me to do for you.  Also, you must use complete sentences.  We can't take a sponsorship request seriously that appears to have been typed on a phone in the middle of a kicking party...  Anytime you're selling yourself, be it an interview or whatever, presentation matters a great deal.

So... I do hope the constructive criticism helps in your future endeavors.  It wasn't meant to piss you off and I really debated whether I should even write this or just keep my mouth shut.  That said, I wanted to at least acknowledge (and decline) your request and in doing so hopefully help your future requests to other companies go better.

We do hope you'll buy our parts.  We honestly believe they're the best on the market and that they will kick ass in helping you achieve your goals.  Let us know how we can help.

Regards,
Joel Payne
(for Ronin Speedworks)
LS2 stroker FC, Mandeville big brakes, widebody, etc
Build thread:  http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=1274.0
www.roninspeedworks.com

LargeOrangeFont says: "Joel is right, and I love Joel. But his car sounds like the wrath of God."   ;)

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2016, 05:22:00 PM »
Joel,

That wasn't dickish at all.  That was sound advice that could very well help that guy land a sponsor in the future.  8)

I agree with you though, that your products are very specialized, and your potential customer base is far too small for a sponsorship to drive much business at all.

David
1995 FD, 7.0 Liter stroked LS3, T56, 8.8, Samberg kit.

Offline SH4DY

• Supporting Member
  • Staged
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2016, 02:22:01 PM »
  We can't take a sponsorship request seriously that appears to have been typed on a phone in the middle of a kicking party...  Anytime you're selling yourself, be it an interview or whatever, presentation matters a great deal.

Spot on. Complete sentences, grammar, spelling... all things that die a little more with each tweet or Facebook post.

Offline ls3_rob

« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2016, 05:43:17 PM »
in fo dis sponsa sh i p yo.

I wanna knowe what i t takes
07 tl type s daily
93 rx7 ls3

Offline piglet

« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2016, 09:01:53 PM »
On the fo real tip I can tell mad peeps about your bomb ass parts... jus sayin.

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2016, 09:48:46 PM »
On the fo real tip I can tell mad peeps about your bomb ass parts... jus sayin.

You guys are too damn good at that for it to be a joke.   :poke:
1995 FD, 7.0 Liter stroked LS3, T56, 8.8, Samberg kit.

Offline piglet

« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2016, 10:17:04 PM »
in Baltimore public schools, they teach in ebonics.

Offline spacevomit

« Reply #10 on: August 03, 2016, 12:24:31 PM »
It wazz me! Haterrz!

*runs away crying*  :'(