August 21, 2019, 05:07:45 AM

Author Topic: Kingers Garage  (Read 23817 times)

Offline kinger

Re: Kingers Garage
« Reply #285 on: January 29, 2019, 03:18:04 PM »
hey buddy question. How accurate is your fuel speed hut gauge. I'm pretty sure mine is off. Would you happen to know which setting you put it on to make it work with our stock sending unit unless you got something else different

Ahh the fuel gauge...

Iím not real happy with the gauge, it does work but it stays on Full for a long time, then slowly drops to half over about a 20 mile period.  Then the last half of the tank can drop in 5 miles to empty.  Go to fill it up and there was 3-4 gallons left.   So I have gotten in a habit of filling at 1/2 tank.  It used to be erratic and a better ground fixed that issue, but still using the stock sender it seems to be a little less then perfect vs a OEM set up.  Good enough to use and trust but just not perfect which is how I want everything :).

I did double check the settings when I was chasing the ground issue and Halfspec did have it set up right.  I think I also email Speedhut to confirm but I canít remember the exact settings. 

Good luck!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
93 Touring, 6.2L, 415/425 Whp/Wtq, 8.8, samberg everything, AC, PS, TC, Cruise, LED Tails, HID head lights, immaculate interior and paint.

Offline halfspec

• Top Fuel
  • Resistance Is Futile
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • HalfSpec.com
« Reply #286 on: January 29, 2019, 04:01:04 PM »
For the FD's sender, it's supposed to be ~ 7 ohms full, 76 ohms empty.  With a speedhut gauge, you put it in programming mode and either connect the sender and cycle between the empty and full positions, while telling the gauge which position you're in, OR you connect 7 and 76ohms of resistance to the wiring respectively and tell the gauge which is which. I think I did it with a multi-turn 0-100ohm potentiometer and a multimeter, as I had a hard time trusting the sender.
FD's have a really exposed sender / potentiometer and I can't imagine it's completely inert to gasoline, so after 26 years, some start to not read so good ;)

At least that's been my experience / observations.

On the other side of the coin, from what I've seen and heard over the past decade, it appears Speedhut has had some quality control issues here and there so I wouldn't put too much trust in the gauge either.

Lane

Offline AV8rZ

« Reply #287 on: February 04, 2019, 12:08:39 PM »
For the FD's sender, it's supposed to be ~ 7 ohms full, 76 ohms empty.  With a speedhut gauge, you put it in programming mode and either connect the sender and cycle between the empty and full positions, while telling the gauge which position you're in, OR you connect 7 and 76ohms of resistance to the wiring respectively and tell the gauge which is which. I think I did it with a multi-turn 0-100ohm potentiometer and a multimeter, as I had a hard time trusting the sender.
FD's have a really exposed sender / potentiometer and I can't imagine it's completely inert to gasoline, so after 26 years, some start to not read so good ;)

At least that's been my experience / observations.

On the other side of the coin, from what I've seen and heard over the past decade, it appears Speedhut has had some quality control issues here and there so I wouldn't put too much trust in the gauge either.

Lane
I knew you would come out of hiding one of these dayz

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline kinger

« Reply #288 on: August 08, 2019, 10:15:13 AM »
Been a long time with no update. I have been enjoying the heck out of this car!!!   I have almost 10k miles on it now since I bought it.  Havenít had hardly any maintenance on it.  A few topics I posted about but nothing that has kept me from enjoying it!!! 

I had one unfortunate run in with a Pheasant and thought for sure I was going to end with some collision and body work.

Nope!  It hit in one of the rare spots with metal in the front of the car. Right where the samberg radiator and shroud bolt to the car. Didnít even bend any fins in my AC condenser!  I was so mad getting out of the car expecting the worst only to be real surprised not to see any damage. 

Car has been flawless!  Such a rush to drive.  I am still working on my Magnum trans swap, I am going to have a shop help me since I donít want to do it on jack stands, too old for this!  I like their lift

Overall still in love with this baby after 3 years!  What a rush!

93 Touring, 6.2L, 415/425 Whp/Wtq, 8.8, samberg everything, AC, PS, TC, Cruise, LED Tails, HID head lights, immaculate interior and paint.

Offline paul_3rdgen

• Supporting Member
  • Launching!
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: August 08, 2019, 11:12:59 AM »
Thatís great to hear!  These swaps are generally problem free when built properly and the fun factor never wears off.  IMO

93 RX7 R1 500rwhp
LS2, H/C combo... ARE drysump
Race Logic traction Control and 4 wheel Stoptech BBK
3.73 gears installed in the stock diff  :o

Offline AV8rZ

« Reply #290 on: August 08, 2019, 11:39:24 AM »
Been a long time with no update. I have been enjoying the heck out of this car!!!   I have almost 10k miles on it now since I bought it.  Havenít had hardly any maintenance on it.  A few topics I posted about but nothing that has kept me from enjoying it!!! 

I had one unfortunate run in with a Pheasant and thought for sure I was going to end with some collision and body work.

Nope!  It hit in one of the rare spots with metal in the front of the car. Right where the samberg radiator and shroud bolt to the car. Didnít even bend any fins in my AC condenser!  I was so mad getting out of the car expecting the worst only to be real surprised not to see any damage. 

Car has been flawless!  Such a rush to drive.  I am still working on my Magnum trans swap, I am going to have a shop help me since I donít want to do it on jack stands, too old for this!  I like their lift

Overall still in love with this baby after 3 years!  What a rush!

Awesome!  Whatís for dinner, lol

Offline kinger

« Reply #291 on: August 08, 2019, 01:31:24 PM »
The car was hungry!  LMAO