January 17, 2019, 04:09:26 PM

Author Topic: Another FD radiator group buy!  (Read 9760 times)

Offline 1337Rx7

Re: Another FD radiator group buy!
« Reply #60 on: February 02, 2017, 04:01:53 PM »
NO!!! I just missed this! damn... well I signed up on the site for the next batch. Hopefully it isn't too far away  :'(

Offline carlb

« Reply #61 on: February 05, 2017, 11:36:36 PM »
NO!!! I just missed this! damn... well I signed up on the site for the next batch. Hopefully it isn't too far away  :'(

I'm selling one from this latest group buy. Decided I need the money more than I need to replace the current system.

http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=25088.0

Offline Ls2swap

« Reply #62 on: February 23, 2017, 08:49:16 PM »
Need 5 more people to make another run of these rad. kits. Post up if you want one

Offline Bizarroterl

« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2017, 10:43:28 AM »
I have some questions about this.  Will it work with a E-ROD LS3 using the Samberg mounting kit?  The EROD install instructions state:

Ensure the MAF Sensor is mounted in the middle of a minimum
6 inch length of 4 inch diameter tube, and is a minimum of 10
inches from the throttle body.

Does the radiator kit meet these instructions?

Offline ls3_rob

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2017, 10:45:37 AM »
it is not 10 inches from the throttle body

everything else works
07 tl type s daily
93 rx7 ls3

Offline radiomike

• Supporting Member
  • Staged
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 25, 2017, 08:04:45 AM »
I have some questions about this.  Will it work with a E-ROD LS3 using the Samberg mounting kit?  The EROD install instructions state:

Ensure the MAF Sensor is mounted in the middle of a minimum
6 inch length of 4 inch diameter tube, and is a minimum of 10
inches from the throttle body.

Does the radiator kit meet these instructions?

No it doesn't but there are ways round it.  Fitting the MAF sensor in the curved pipe is wrong for two reasons, the pipe is not the equivalent of a 4" round section and the sensor sees a turbulent flow at low throttle openings.

When we first fitted our Camaro sourced LS3 it was undriveable at about 1500rpm with minimal throttle, it would buck badly and shake the whole car.  Our first remedy was to fit a honeycomb section in the pipe next to the sensor on the rad side to smooth the flow and it worked well, something like a 75% improvement but it would still buck slightly under certain conditions.  The final solution which was almost 100% effective was to fit the longest possible straight section of 4" Al pipe in the gap available between the air filter and TB with a MAF sensor boss welded in the centre.  I don't have the car here ATM but I estimate the pipe was about 8" long and fitted with replacement angled silicone couplers.

Doubtless others will chime in and suggest a speed/density tune but in our case we wanted to keep it as stock as possible with minimum spend.

Offline Bizarroterl

« Reply #66 on: February 25, 2017, 12:30:40 PM »
Thanks for the feedback.  In this case it won't work then.  I'm looking at a CA swap that would have to pass the BAR inspection.  Shorter than the MFGR instructions would fail.

Offline Ls2swap

« Reply #67 on: February 25, 2017, 03:14:13 PM »
Com'on Bizarroteri are they really going to measure the intake pipe??? Maybe the inspector will be female and 8 inches will definitely look 10 inches to her, she been lied to about 2 inches her whole life!!!!   

Offline Bizarroterl

« Reply #68 on: February 26, 2017, 06:00:57 PM »
I was reading another thread and yes, a poster had to modify their intake as they were an inch short.

Offline VITOMAN1977

« Reply #69 on: December 16, 2017, 02:40:59 AM »
I was reading another thread and yes, a poster had to modify their intake as they were an inch short.

Hey Bizarroteri, my ls3 was bar certified.  I can make it work for you.  I know that your post is a few months old.  I have a new radiator set up for sale as well.  It's on the for sale section, or PM me.  Are you in socal?

Thanks,

Vito