April 29, 2024, 10:21:26 PM

Author Topic: FC Individual Camber Links - New Product Launch  (Read 24866 times)

Offline frijolee

FC Individual Camber Links - New Product Launch
« on: November 08, 2014, 08:28:24 PM »
Greetings No Rotors!

Ronin is proud to finally launch our rear camber adjustment option for the FC RX7.  We're ready to take pre-orders and will start shipping links at the end of next week.

Details:

All second generation RX7 exhibit excessive negative camber when lowered.  Yet any vehicle running higher spring rates needs to be lowered, whether the intent is all out performance or just dropping it low for style points.  Many of us have run "adjustable" length camber links (and paid top dollar for them too) only to have them break, seize, require constant lubrication, or get loose and sloppy.  Ronin is here to solve all that.

Our solution is a system of varying fixed-length camber links, built using only the finest possible materials.  We offer these in three lengths in ranked order of how aggressive a camber correction is offered.  (Note, we’ll report final camber numbers prior to shipping links next week!)

From most aggressive correction to least we offer:

-3, the most camber correction you can physically get out of the car.  Yes, these are shorter than any competitor offerings on the market.  Very slight clearancing may be required as we went for literally all we could get.  Pictures of install are coming.
-2, ~a half degree camber increment increase from the possible.
-1, ~a degree camber increase from the net possible.  -2 or -1 are recommended for road race use where some camber is helpful.

Final CAD assembly showing all three configurations.   

We’re using top shelf materials throughout, as usually our goal is to sell the BEST possible option at fair price points…

•   The primary frames are carved from billet 6061-T6 Aluminum. 
•   Frames are hard anodized black and designed with an engineered press fit so they should never “wallow out”. 
•   We’re using high end spherical bearings (no off brand junk here) as Ronin is now an authorized distributor for Aurora Bearings. 
•   The spherical bearings are PTFE lined for maintenance free operation.   
•   The links are fully rebuildable (not that we expect you'll need to.)  Assembly uses an engineered press fit for the bearings plus circ clips on both sides for ease of location.
•   We’re also selling spare hardware so you can decide what combination of frames and bearings you keep on hand if you need to hot swap parts at the track.
•   Our three link master set price point compares to other adjustable links on the market (but these won't break)
•   If you don’t know what you want to run, you can always order the master and then sell your leftovers once you have the car dialed in.
•   Designed and made in the good old USA.  We support the home team yo!

All parts for the first batch are built.  All frames from the first batch are due back from anodizing next Wednesday.

We wanted the high strength to support the clamp loads going through misalignment bushings so we choose 17-4 stainless steel for those (that isn’t cheap stuff by the way, but we don't cut corners).

Bearings now on hand.  Getting set up with as distributor took jumping through some hoops for y’all.

Final pictures will follow when we get the frames back from anodizing.

Pricing:

$149 for any full kit ($139 introductory offer*)
$69 for any pair of bare frames (assumes you’ll swap the internals)
$69 for a set of spare bearings (four) w/ snap rings (eight)
$35 for a set of spare misalignment bushings (eight)
$259 for a master set ($249 introductory offer*).  The master set includes a single full kits’ worth of hardware, and all three frame lengths.

*We know folks have been waiting for these so the introductory pricing is a small thank you from us and is good through midnight 12/24/14. 

If you’re really in a hurry and want them now now now (which we’ve heard from a few folks), fire us paypal for the above amounts to roninspeedworks@gmail.com.  We’ll pick up free shipping for anyone who orders before we take the final pretty pictures and get this on the Ronin website.  Please add 8% tax if you're in CA.

-Joel

PS Bonus thought:  anyone have suggestions for a clever name?  We’re rolling around whether we call them Ronin Bones, Crazy Eights, or whether we just want to keep it simple and name ‘em Ronin FC camber links.
LS2 stroker FC, Mandeville big brakes, widebody, etc
Build thread:  http://www.norotors.com/index.php?topic=1274.0
www.roninspeedworks.com

LargeOrangeFont says: "Joel is right, and I love Joel. But his car sounds like the wrath of God."   ;)

Offline eage8

Re: FC Individual Camber Links - New Product Launch
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2014, 10:04:10 PM »
Ordered a master set, they look awesome guys!

a full degree change is a lot, but I know you guys can't make a million different lengths.  I'm looking forward to seeing what camber changes you actually get with them on the car and how the lengths compare to the MAX links I have.

I'll probably just stick the "1"s on an forget about it :)  dumb front 315s making my car into an off-roader...
'89 RX-7 TurboII - Ronin Widebody and Ford 8.8 - 13B lolz
'89 Corolla SR5 - 4A-GE 20 Valve 6 speed swap Megasquirt
'01 Impreza 2.5RS - Daily driver/rally-x car
'81 BMW R65

Offline digitalsolo

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2014, 10:27:23 PM »
Very cool product.  Nice work guys!
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...
2007 Aston Martin V8 Vantage - Gen V LT4/TR6060, upper/lower pullies, headers, tune.
2021 Tesla Model 3 Performance - Stock...ish.

Offline atli126

• Launching!
  • my fc 5.3/t56 got 25+ mpg :)
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2014, 10:48:37 PM »
Sweet
-Bret
87 RX7 5.3/t56 TII Check it out >>>>http://www.502streetscene.net/forum/showthread.php?t=181938&page=4

"no one ever said it would be cheap and easy, they just said it would be worth it"

"Whatever you do, don't lose your passion. Without it who are you?" -Me

Offline largeorangefont

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2014, 11:25:03 PM »
You should have told me earlier! I could have track tested these tomorrow :)

I will talk to you this week Joel. I probably need a set of the shortest ones.
Quote from: cool
Sell it to spacevomit.  He'll finish it.

Offline spikederailed

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2014, 01:20:11 AM »
Hot damn, guess I can offload the unequal length supernows I have on the car.

Offline Supe

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2014, 07:13:19 AM »
That's a great looking product, I know what I'll be moving to once my adjustables break!

Offline gc3

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2014, 11:31:24 AM »
looks good, and hate to nitpick but shouldnt the labels be +1, +2, +3? not negatives?

Offline frijolee

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2014, 12:17:48 PM »
You should have told me earlier! I could have track tested these tomorrow :)

I will talk to you this week Joel. I probably need a set of the shortest ones.

I figured you'd be an early user and thought about offering but decided I wanted to get everything anodized before we run these in anger. Hard anodizing is pretty neat and should give longevity payoffs.

looks good, and hate to nitpick but shouldnt the labels be +1, +2, +3? not negatives?

Ha, hadn't thought of that. Dashes are standard drawing nomenclature for configurations. The parts themselves just say 1,2,3. I actually debated for a while whether the numbers should count up or down. I ended up thinking of it mostly in terms of stage 1, stage 2, stage 3. Hence how aggressive a correction offered.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2014, 12:23:58 PM by frijolee »
www.roninspeedworks.com

LargeOrangeFont says: "Joel is right, and I love Joel. But his car sounds like the wrath of God."   ;)

Offline atli126

• Launching!
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2014, 08:18:14 AM »
FC Trailing Arm Camber Links, (TACL)  is what PBM calls them http://www.partsshopmax.com/page.php?65

but im down for some after the new year! :) do you all make the subframe riser also or is it needed?

FC Sub Frame Riser (SFR)

http://www.partsshopmax.com/page.php?66
-Bret
87 RX7 5.3/t56 TII Check it out >>>>http://www.502streetscene.net/forum/showthread.php?t=181938&page=4

"no one ever said it would be cheap and easy, they just said it would be worth it"

Offline AKINA FC

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2014, 10:58:36 AM »
Awesome job Joel, will be ordering a pair. One question I do have is can we get a center to center measurement? This way I can match yours to my current adjusters and just get the ones I need.  :cheers:

Offline eage8

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2014, 12:08:20 PM »
Awesome job Joel, will be ordering a pair. One question I do have is can we get a center to center measurement? This way I can match yours to my current adjusters and just get the ones I need.  :cheers:

+1
'81 BMW R65

Offline frijolee

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2014, 02:01:58 PM »

I've kind of been debated that already.

-On the one hand, transparency helps folks order if they know a number target they're looking for.
-On the other it clues our competitors into easier reverse engineering (and or updates to their designs).  Picking what lengths to offer took some R&D already.
-Its also makes it easy for folks to DIY a cut down version of the stock lengths, a practice I'm not that interested in supporting obviously.

Running a business where our customers are also folks we have relationships with is kind odd because it introduces conflicts of interest in ways I never had to think through before.

Opinions?  What would you do in our shoes?  I'll start by PMing the info the couple guys who asked.  No issue with that, that's just helping specific folks know how to order.   ;)

-Joel

PS no subframe risers are (as of yet) pending from us.  We have a variety of other projects which are hotter for us.  I like the concept, that said, the thing I don't like about the risers is that it changes your pinion angles at the same time, so it's hard to take advantage of that unless you're tackling the entire rear as an assembly.  Charlie (Bowtie7) runs them with spacers to get the aligning features, but not change pinion angles, hence they're not actually risers they way he runs them. 
www.roninspeedworks.com

Offline atli126

• Launching!
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2014, 02:09:39 PM »

-On the one hand, transparency helps folks order if they know a number target they're looking for.
-On the other it clues our competitors into easier reverse engineering (and or updates to their designs).  Picking what lengths to offer took some R&D already.
-Its also makes it easy for folks to DIY a cut down version of the stock lengths, a practice I'm not that interested in supporting obviously.

Running a business where our customers are also folks we have relationships with is kind odd because it introduces conflicts of interest in ways I never had to think through before.

Opinions?  What would you do in our shoes?  I'll start by PMing the info the couple guys who asked.  No issue with that, that's just helping specific folks know how to order.   ;)

-Joel

PS no subframe risers are (as of yet) pending from us.  We have a variety of other projects which are hotter for us.  I like the concept, that said, the thing I don't like about the risers is that it changes your pinion angles at the same time, so it's hard to take advantage of that unless you're tackling the entire rear as an assembly.  Charlie (Bowtie7) runs them with spacers to get the aligning features, but not change pinion angles, hence they're not actually risers they way he runs them. 

Thanks for the info!
-Bret

Offline eage8

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2014, 02:24:43 PM »

-Joel

Definitely understandable.  That's actually why I didn't ask originally and was just going to wait until I got my set to measure.  I didn't even think of Akina's case.

I think car height and subframe angle play such a huge roles in the final camber setting that the only one you really need to be secretive about is the length of the stage 3 one.  as far as most setups are concerned the rest are just arbitrary shots in the dark between stock and maximum.
'81 BMW R65