January 20, 2021, 08:43:27 AM

Author Topic: Blake's 1965 Mustang Project  (Read 265058 times)

Offline Cobranut

Re: Blake's 1965 Mustang Project
« Reply #2535 on: January 13, 2021, 04:04:51 PM »
I HATE IT when that happens.   :poke:
1995 FD, 7.0 Liter stroked LS3, T56, 8.8, Samberg kit.

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #2536 on: January 16, 2021, 07:17:13 AM »
Got my new Arduino in, fixed the issue so I definitely killed the old one.   Might grab another one as a spare sometime just in case.

Next project is the sway bar arms, as I have most the bits I need for them and I think it will be somewhat involved due to how they have to snake around things.

The arms will be 1 x 1.5 x .125 steel, so I bought some wood in about the same size to mock them up.   Should be more accurate than cardboard, and easier than trying to wing it in steel.

They have to hide under the front frame rails then snake past the tire and suspension.   My original setup cost me tire clearance which I canít afford to lose, so these have to stay clear.

Once thatís done, Iíll finish the CAN stuff, then redo the leather on the rear inner quarter panel trim pieces.   It peeled a bit, so I bought DAP ďLandau TopĒ glue which should do the job going forward.

I need to swap in my new throttle body and tweak a few other things but the finish line for this seasonís upgrades is in sight!

Oh, I snagged a new, used, laptop to use for dedicated tuning/car work.    I was dragging my main laptop around and itís way too valuable to be getting knocked around and left  in the car and such, so I bought a used Microsoft Surface Pro 3.    Touch screen plus a Bluetooth keyboard should be easier to deal with.   :).  Itís a lot lighter than my main laptop also.
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish

Offline digitalsolo

• Administrator
  • Top Fuel
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • LS1FC.com
« Reply #2537 on: January 17, 2021, 09:24:53 PM »
Sway bar is mounted up.   Had to machine the stands a bit to clear the positioning collars, but thatís the beauty of having a mill!

The first arm is about 80% done.    I need to plate the end, sleeve the bolt mounting point for the end link, then plate the welded joints, and finally add a point to pinch the arm at the splines, but the main ďwill it fitĒ is handled.

Then I need to mirror it on the other side (yay).   Iíll probably build a basic jig for that.

Iíll get pictures up soon.   :)
Blake MF'ing McBride
1988 Mazda RX7 - Turbo LS1/T56/ProEFI/8.8/Not Slow...   sold.
1965 Mustang Coupe - TT Coyote, TR6060, modern brakes/suspension...  project car
2016 BMW 428i xDrive Gran Coupe - Completely stock...ish