April 25, 2024, 12:24:45 AM

Author Topic: 40a b2 fuse... where is it?????  (Read 3395 times)

Offline skeeg

40a b2 fuse... where is it?????
« on: May 03, 2014, 11:53:24 AM »
i have some dead fused circuits at the fuse block under the dash, by the clutch - windows, wipers, and no blowers for the HVAC along with no ignition. i bypassed the ignition temporally.

basically the blue with black strip wire is dead down there, and as far as ive read its the 40a b2 in the skinny relay box. i have the pez harness with battery relocation.

for the life of me i can not find the dang box, im starting to think its inside the dash and i figured id ask you guys common areas before i go ripping that all up and more then likely breaking everything haha.

thanks
« Last Edit: May 25, 2014, 03:47:21 PM by skeeg »

Offline halfspec

Re: 40a b2 relay... where is it?????
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2014, 10:46:32 PM »
B2 isn't a relay it's a 40A fuse. The fuse box its in is the one that normally connects to the battery on the drivers side of the engine bay. If you've got a relocated battery the big battery wire will tie into the fuse box you're after (x-01) after the starter and alternator.
If not it means someone relocated that fuse box. In that case it could be anywhere, but it would still be connected to the battery at some point. Follow the battery wire :)

Lane

Offline skeeg

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2014, 11:15:10 PM »
... fuse, relay.. haha thanks

ive decided to tear whole interior out, and rewire the body harness... looking into ISIS possibly, ive had many electrical problems and things not working properly along with a mess of things not used anymore.

on that topic, suggestions on kits?

Offline Mik3ymomo

« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2014, 09:24:47 AM »
Kits? Not that I know of. Some if the venders help folks with wiring (ronin, pez, jordan innovations) but it's all still custom one-of stuff for these cars as far as I know.

Lane

This^
Or somehow bribe, barter, blackmail or extort someone who knows how to do such things.

93 CYM Base Single Turbo
94 Chaste White Base 22k Original miles Stock
94 Chaste White PEP 29k Miles (sold)
94 Chaste White PEP LS3 T56 Swap (Sold)
93 BB Touring 20B Swap (Sold)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mik3ymomo/

Offline skeeg

« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2014, 07:51:41 PM »
http://www.leashelectronics.com/Street-Strip-Wiring-Board-SSWB.htm

going to probably get that and run the new wiring, i got nothing but time to work on it.... so i dont mind learning. i do commercial electrical, just need to translate that into this.

Offline skeeg

Re: 40a b2 fuse... where is it?????
« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2014, 03:48:30 PM »
okay, i think im losing my mind.... i followed the positive battery cable all way to the starter, should this block not be inline between there??

absolutely losing my mind. haha

Offline halfspec

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2014, 09:17:41 AM »

The fuse block that includes B2 is normally above the drivers side wheel well (as mentioned above). It isn't on the passenger side between the relocated battery and the starter. Normally, power is routed from the battery -> starter -> alternator -> fuse block.

Lane
PS
The images above belong to Cryptic

Offline skeeg

« Reply #8 on: May 27, 2014, 06:34:07 AM »
ive looked all over the engine bay, i really hope im just sleep deprived every time i decide to work on the car and its right in front of my face. thanks for the pictures

Offline halfspec

« Reply #9 on: May 28, 2014, 02:36:49 PM »
ive looked all over the engine bay, i really hope im just sleep deprived every time i decide to work on the car and its right in front of my face. thanks for the pictures

The large gauge battery wires should eventually lead you to it. Like I said, most people daisy chain off of the alternator. Last suggestion is to check around / behind the driver's fender and fender liner. I've seen people "tuck" their fuse boxes behind the fender.

Lane