August 19, 2019, 06:38:29 PM

Author Topic: Camber/Caster Plate (welding required)  (Read 26715 times)

Offline MPbdy

Re: Camber/Caster Plate (welding required)
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2012, 01:55:36 PM »
You could put locktite under the flat of the washer.  There is a nice big surface area to glue to.

I don't think that's how locktite works ;)

Lane

It's an anaerobic adhesive! Mazda used it to glue the ring gear to the diff housing no joke. It's in the fsm :o

Offline halfspec

• Top Fuel
  • Resistance Is Futile
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
    • HalfSpec.com
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2012, 02:22:42 PM »
Alright. Well I'm not saying they don't have a special line of adhesives that could do the job, but try and 'glue' two washers together with plain ol loctite 242 and I'm pretty sure you're not going to get the results you're looking for.

Lane

automationLED

« Reply #47 on: July 02, 2013, 12:04:28 AM »
justin, do you sell pre-welded bolts? i have my stock ones for core if you need it

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #48 on: December 06, 2015, 11:20:54 PM »
Justin,

Do all your subframes use these larger eccentrics?
I just bought the car and I have no idea how old the subframe kit is.
I do know the alignment is terrible, drives like crap.
I'd like to upgrade to the latest and greatest setup before setting the alignment.

Thanks,
David
1995 FD, 7.0 Liter stroked LS3, T56, 8.8, Samberg kit.

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #49 on: December 08, 2015, 12:03:12 AM »
I put it back on the lift tonight and I do have the later style subframe.
However, my plates were never welded, and my D-Bolts are pretty well worn.  :banghead:

I'd like to upgrade to the new style bolts and plates, so I'll need a set of the crescent plates to weld on as well.

Justin, do you have the new style bolts in stock or do I need to get those from Mazda?

Do you have the crescent plates as well, and can you ship them, and the bolts if you have them, to me 2nd day air?
I'm in Virginia, by the way.

Thanks,
David

Offline Cryptic

« Reply #50 on: December 08, 2015, 06:07:22 PM »
Call the shop 925-212-5542
1995 427 LS3 Burnout Widebody FD
My build thread
2011 Ford F250 CCSB 6.7L

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #51 on: December 09, 2015, 12:57:24 PM »
Finally got him via phone yesterday, and stressed that I needed the plates airmailed to me so I'd have them by Friday.
Still waiting on an email so I can PayPal him the money, and can't get an answer via phone at all today.   :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

I have very limited time to get this thing fixed and out of my shop, and need these parts desperately.

Offline Nfinitecc

• Staged
  • [URL=http://s919.photobucket.com/user/WCStanford/m
  • View Gallery
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 11, 2015, 12:22:04 PM »
Man I tried for months to get some from him and never could, I had to get crafty and use a 3rd party. One of my fans on my version 2  setup was also bad right out of the box, I don't blame Justin for this, but I didn't waste my time trying to remedy the situation through him either, easier to just buy another one.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2015, 04:31:54 PM by Nfinitecc »

Offline GTR

« Reply #53 on: December 15, 2015, 02:12:48 AM »
I called him and talked to him over the phone about getting replacement camber/caster plates a few weeks ago. At the time, he stated he didn't have any in stock and probably be around 2 weeks. I waited 2 weeks, sent him a text because I didn't want to be that guy that kept calling. No response, I ended up calling him and told him I still needed it. Since I'm 30 minutes away from his shop, I told him I would just come by and pick them up. I paid a little extra to have him weld my new bolts while I was there.

He's probably backed up or busy but he will take care of you eventually. He probably just needs an extra hand to answer calls, take orders, and send out shipments.

Offline Cobranut

« Reply #54 on: December 17, 2015, 03:37:40 AM »
Just wanted to note that Justin did get me the parts.
He sent them 2'nd day air, with a guaranteed delivery Saturday, but naturally the USPS screwed that up.
The damn package sat in a post office 30 minutes from me all weekend, because the idiots at the Postal "Service" wouldn't let me pick them up from there.  :banghead:

I also asked about the "money back guarantee".  They said the shipper has to make the claim, even though I was the one who paid the extra fees.  I know they do this because most companies don't have time to screw around with them for someone else's money.  It's not so much the fee, but the principle of the thing that pisses me off.  >:(

End rant. Now I feel better.  LOL